not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Social distancing

14 Oct 2020, 09:29

Why is there no enforcement of social distancing in delivery offices? Royal Mail management dont care about the welfare of its employees.
Surely the CWU should be pressing the management on this issue. Perhaps face masks should be made mandatory in all workplaces

Social distancing

14 Oct 2020, 09:39

Get on to CWU or Tweet Piers Morgan!! Send anonymous emails to the press or local council or police

Social distancing

14 Oct 2020, 11:40

Wasntme wrote:Why is there no enforcement of social distancing in delivery offices? Royal Mail management dont care about the welfare of its employees.
Surely the CWU should be pressing the management on this issue. Perhaps face masks should be made mandatory in all workplaces

Its up to us to SD as best we can if we dont follow the guidelines its our fault. The only thing most posties are interested in is getting done asap they will cut as many corners as possible drive like nutters get in early take no breaks they would have three in a van if it means they get done 30mins earlier the ones who do the job in a safe way are few and far between.

Social distancing

14 Oct 2020, 12:13

cpsteve wrote:
Wasntme wrote:Why is there no enforcement of social distancing in delivery offices? Royal Mail management dont care about the welfare of its employees.

Its up to us to SD as best we can if we dont follow the guidelines its our fault. The only thing most posties are interested in is getting done asap they will cut as many corners as possible drive like nutters get in early take no breaks they would have three in a van if it means they get done 30mins earlier the ones who do the job in a safe way are few and far between.

It isn't just up to us. It is up to RM who have a duty of care for our health and safety at work. Disciplinary action should be taken by every single manager whenever they spot someone failing to observe social distancing in the workplace. A few sackings and those runners may start to value their jobs (and consequently the welfare of their colleagues) more than the 30 minutes early finish.

Social distancing

14 Oct 2020, 13:07

postiepete2 wrote:Get on to CWU or Tweet Piers Morgan!! Send anonymous emails to the press or local council or police

??????

Social distancing

14 Oct 2020, 14:24

Check out our poll...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=96645

Social distancing

14 Oct 2020, 22:14

Schiff wrote:
cpsteve wrote:

It isn't just up to us. It is up to RM who have a duty of care for our health and safety at work. Disciplinary action should be taken by every single manager whenever they spot someone failing to observe social distancing in the workplace. A few sackings and those runners may start to value their jobs (and consequently the welfare of their colleagues) more than the 30 minutes early finish.

No you are wrong it is up to us its not the companies or managers fault if we do not follow the guidelines, its not the governments fault that students started partying ignoring the rules and spreading the virus, is it the football manager at fault for players having parties we all must take responsibility for our own actions.

Social distancing

14 Oct 2020, 23:52

cpsteve wrote:
Schiff wrote:
cpsteve wrote:

No you are wrong it is up to us its not the companies or managers fault if we do not follow the guidelines, its not the governments fault that students started partying ignoring the rules and spreading the virus, is it the football manager at fault for players having parties we all must take responsibility for our own actions.

So what happens to managers who blatantly disregard the rules..
Last edited by aiden01 on 15 Oct 2020, 08:43, edited 2 times in total.

Social distancing

15 Oct 2020, 15:21

cpsteve wrote:

So someone comes to work with symptoms and that's my fault?
Someone walks up behind me and sneezes all over me and that's my fault?
Someone refuses to wear a mask or wash their hands and smears covid over every surface and that's my fault?
This isn't me choosing to party, this is me having to go to work.
I can't take collective responsibility for an individual's actions, that's where managers need to step up.

If a member of staff comes in drunk and starts punching people must we all take responsibility for our actions because we got in his way?

Social distancing

15 Oct 2020, 17:45

well said.

Social distancing

15 Oct 2020, 19:10

Woody Guthrie wrote:
cpsteve wrote:

So someone comes to work with symptoms and that's my fault?
Someone walks up behind me and sneezes all over me and that's my fault?
Someone refuses to wear a mask or wash their hands and smears covid over every surface and that's my fault?
This isn't me choosing to party, this is me having to go to work.
I can't take collective responsibility for an individual's actions, that's where managers need to step up.

If a member of staff comes in drunk and starts punching people must we all take responsibility for our actions because we got in his way?

You are wasting energy debating with that muppet

Social distancing

15 Oct 2020, 19:44

cpsteve wrote:
Schiff wrote:
cpsteve wrote:

If I don't follow the rules in the workplace then that is my fault, and I should expect disciplinary action to follow as a consequence.

If a colleague doesn't follow the rules, consequently putting both my health and that of my family members at risk, if RM don't take disciplinary action against the muppet who keeps getting too close to people or coming to work with a cough to prevent it from happening repeatedly, then they can find themselves liable for the actions of their sh!t for brains employee.

Social distancing

16 Oct 2020, 21:15

cpsteve wrote:

It's up to the manager to observe (they're usually pretty good at that in the morning) the way their workforce (of whom they have a duty of care) are behaving in the office. If there are people not observing social distancing then it is up to them to remind those who aren't bothered to become bothered!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1