not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

MRM.COM : Shared vans WATCH: How we're reintroducing shared vans on a ""voluntary"" basis

12 Oct 2020, 09:09

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2020/10/shared-vans

In this week’s RMtv programme, Shaun Davis, global director compliance and sustainability, provides our position on the voluntary reintroduction of shared vans.

In line with Government guidelines around social distancing, due to the outbreak of Covid-19, in March we implemented a one-person, one van rule. Now on a voluntary basis, we’re reintroducing shared vans.

‘We’ve been looking at van sharing for quite some time,’ said Shaun. ‘We’ve had an enormous number of requests and support for a return to shared vans. We’ve put in place a risk management strategy, along with other Covid-secure guidance, policy standards, checklists and manager support.

‘We go through a really robust process of scrutinising all the communications and data we have. So, you can trust the information we provide you has gone though some very rigorous testing.’

Also, in the programme, there’s an update on developments with our Midlands parcel hub and Anne-Marie, a driver from Stockport, takes us behind the scenes of a typical night shift on the road.

There’s also a brilliant example of good safety in action, as Vince Knox from Alnwick Delivery Office, shares how he avoided a potentially disastrous rollaway accident.

The programme is now live across our channels. This includes Content on Demand for those safe and able to watch on that channel, socially distanced.

MRM.COM : Shared vans WATCH: How we're reintroducing shared vans on a ""voluntary"" basis

12 Oct 2020, 17:48

I hope all these people that want to share vans again don't mind sharing the virus ( not for me thanks)

12 Oct 2020, 18:02

POSTMAN wrote:Shared vans stuff is at 2mins, interview with Mr Davis...who is at home.

There's quite a long discussion about that RMtv clip here. :wink:

12 Oct 2020, 18:41

I wish they wouldn't use the term 'voluntary' like it's not without any strings attached. Yes you could say no... but if you haven't got rearing children to bail you out, you'll most likely be looking at being forced into a change of duty and hours avoiding the muggers/druggies/delinquents in the dark hours of a winter night on a walk you've never done before and haven't got a clue were one drop-off is from the next.

13 Oct 2020, 15:12

So it's as simple as that?
Loads of people ask for something and RM give it out?
Why have they given no official reason for its return, the same way they gave a reason for the cessation?

13 Oct 2020, 15:24

Manager today pestering van share people who currently walk out to delivery to read the rules for van share and sign that they have done so. Apparently the managers are keen for it to come back because:

1. they are concerned about the amount of walking people do - ahhh, isn't that thoughtful of them. Although they haven't given a s**t for the last 7 months.
2. they are concerned about the weather changing and us walking so much in bad weather - ahhh, isn't that thoughtful of them. Although they didn't give a s**t in the heat.
3. it will soon be getting busier - oh, the real reason. Something they do give a s**t about!

They weren't happy with those refusing to van share again, even suggesting that they sign to say they'd read the rules now in case they changed their mind later.

13 Oct 2020, 15:28

PostmanBitesDog wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Shared vans stuff is at 2mins, interview with Mr Davis...who is at home.

There's quite a long discussion about that RMtv clip here. :wink:

I know, I saw it after, this is a news item though.

15 Oct 2020, 17:19

For those interested, and I'm sure you are, there is now a shorter video in the 1st post with just a news item on shared vans itself.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1