not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Self Isolation

09 Oct 2020, 15:25

Afternoon,
I currently work in an area of the UK with a large explosion of CV19 cases in the last couple of weeks resulting in us probably having our pubs etc closed and a semi lockdown.

I have underlying health conditions and want to know if I can self isolate on zero pay until the numbers start to fall again?

I have already done so for 8 weeks during the height of the first wave, but went back when the numbers dropped but not they are higher than ever before I want to know could RM sack me for self isolating?

Cheers

Self Isolation

09 Oct 2020, 16:15

Did you previously have the letter? (https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94862)

Either way, if you're that worried I really can't see RM doing you for it.

Also see this...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 62#p916971

Self Isolation

09 Oct 2020, 16:47

no I did not get the letter last time due to my underlying problem's last flair up being over 4 years ago lol.

I would imagine that if there is another major shielding letter being sent out anytime soon then I may be included this time as the government have stated over 1.5m more people will be included.

As I said above, I have used special leave c (unpaid) for 8 weeks before, and I feel that I need to self isolate, even if it's only for my sanity.

I don't want to let RM force me into work and maybe catch the bloody thing, Although if they do refuse I could just go to the papers with the story ;)

Self Isolation

09 Oct 2020, 16:57

doorstepped wrote:no I did not get the letter last time due to my underlying problem's last flair up being over 4 years ago lol.

I would imagine that if there is another major shielding letter being sent out anytime soon then I may be included this time as the government have stated over 1.5m more people will be included.

As I said above, I have used special leave c (unpaid) for 8 weeks before, and I feel that I need to self isolate, even if it's only for my sanity.

I don't want to let RM force me into work and maybe catch the bloody thing, Although if they do refuse I could just go to the papers with the story ;)

It sounds to me as if you are suffering from extreme stress or anxiety that may require some time off sick (with pay). A conversation with your doctor might be worthwhile.

Self Isolation

11 Oct 2020, 01:05

Part of my beef about lock down is people are being paid for not working because of the terms of furlough and it's implications on people like you who need support more than them and the future of all of this we should support those who need it and business's that need to closed and not just hand out loans to anybody with a name!

Self Isolation

13 Oct 2020, 21:10

doorstepped wrote:no I did not get the letter last time due to my underlying problem's last flair up being over 4 years ago lol.

Shielding is not being reintroduced in England, despite rising levels of coronavirus across most of the nation.

Government advisers say that, unlike in March, there are other protective measures in place - such as the rule of six and the wearing of face coverings in shops - to help reduce the spread...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 40#p919140

Sorry.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1