not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

HEALTH ISSUES AFTER RECOVERY OF COVID-19

13 Sep 2020, 21:42

I am a postman ( since 14 years) infected with COVID-19 in April and was admitted in the hospital about a week. I am over 58 years and a type-2 diabetic patient. After the covid recovery I got health issues such as numbness on fingers, joint pain, burning sensation and numbness at my buttock and radiating bottom down to both of my feet. Because these I am unable to walk or stand not even 15 minutes and losing my body control and I need support to walk. I am really struggling. One more complication stared on top of these issues that since one week I am struggling to control my urine and very frequently I have go wash room. While passing the urine I have burning sensation. I have contacted the GP given antibiotic. since one week I am taking the medication but no improvement. For burning sensation and numbness also I am taking medication since 2 months and only have a bit improvement but still struggling.

Anybody having the above kind of complications after Covid-19. i have not joined my duty so far and sick not will expires on 18th Sep,2010. My manager refer my case to occupational health twice. 1st time the OH recommendation that I would be considered as disabled under the Equality Act.

2nd time OH in the option that I am fit to joint my duty on 19th Sep with 25% hours week one, second week 50%, 75% hrs and full time after at 4th weeks. with advice for indoor duty. I do not think I can join my duty on 19th Sep. because of the condition mentioned above.

Please advice me what is the best option available for me

14 Sep 2020, 17:35

I’m sorry to hear about your struggle,you certainly do not sound to be fit for work!
Forget what OH says only go back when you feel up to it.
When your sick note expires contact your GP they will issue another.
Try not to stress over it .
Hope you recover soon.

14 Sep 2020, 17:44

Try to get a face to face appointment with your GP, you are clearly not fit for work yet.
Feel for you, good luck.

19 Sep 2020, 18:06

Yes you need to see a doctor the thing with this virus is it makes blood problems and those with Diabetes also have blood problems this is why the NHS was Keen on check ups for blood pressure/diabetes and other complications just a few years ago. Now you cannot see a GP face to face as the fear of pandemic rears it's head thing is people do still have the same conditions as before people do get cancer and people do develop mental illness an probably more so since Lockdown. More People will die because of the virus than the virus it's self because people are not going to hospital/GP practices with heart attacks and strokes or accidents or childbirth and treatable conditions that they had long before Covid-19!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1