not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Being asked to self isolate

11 Sep 2020, 14:15

IN Scotland the new track and and trace app has launched, if I get notified by the app to self isolate as I've been in close proximity to someone who's tested positive will royal mail still pay even though I've no symptoms?

11 Sep 2020, 14:27

Postiebear wrote:IN Scotland the new track and and trace app has launched, if I get notified by the app to self isolate as I've been in close proximity to someone who's tested positive will royal mail still pay even though I've no symptoms?

I'd imagine they'll just ask you to get tested?

11 Sep 2020, 15:28

The usual way in Scotland is for the management to ignore all agreement. And for the union to let them. So no idea.

11 Sep 2020, 15:37

I don't know the official answer,but gut feeling knowing what morally corrupt buggers we work for is that it's no pay.

11 Sep 2020, 17:03

We have a Coronavirus forum with all the answers.

The answer is yes.

Post moved to the Coronavirus forum.

Global Announcement : NHS Test and Trace: if you've been in contact with a person who has coronavirus

An email from coronavirus.support@royalmail.com...
Royal Mail
General rule of thumb is that if the medical advice has been sought and this advice states that you must self-isolate, then this is likely to constitute as sick absence and you should provide your manager with the evidence of this advice.

Self-isolation, testing, reporting and pay : **Update 3 July**

11 Sep 2020, 18:35

It's very unlikely to happen because not only does the person have to have had a positive test result they also have to put a code in their version of the app to tell you they've had one.

So first of all you have to have the app.
Then they have to have the app.
Then they need to catch the virus.
Then they need to get a test.

Then and this is where it gets tricky, they need to be stupid enough to input their positive test code and then go walking about the place with their phone in their pocket, if you were going to ignore the self isolation rules would you a) bother to get the test and b) tell the whole world you had tested positive and c) not just leave your phone at home?

And then you would need to trigger the 'close contact' parameters of the app which given the limitations of Bluetooth and the crap some people carry around in their pockets or handbags might require intimate relations to trigger the thing.

Technology sucks.

12 Sep 2020, 03:33

There is a simple answer to your question. If the powers that be don't put the fund's ie wages what good is testing and for what good is test and trace moonshot your self in the arse if you will but how many will chose not the big state and a big stick to compile with out restitution or recompense?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1