not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Future shielding on nil pay

01 Aug 2020, 10:03

Any future shielding for myself (clinically vulnerable) and probably quite a few employees is likely to be on nil pay, why does Royalmail link your sickleave entitlement to shielding which is entirely different ?

Future shielding on nil pay

01 Aug 2020, 15:38

You say "likely" ? So is your post based on hearsay or your imaginings... or is it knowledge based and going to be reality ???
Looks like "Fake News" to me. Why Post such nonsense ???

Future shielding on nil pay

01 Aug 2020, 16:31

Decky Boy wrote:You say "likely" ? So is your post based on hearsay or your imaginings... or is it knowledge based and going to be reality ???
Looks like "Fake News" to me. Why Post such nonsense ???


Since the government is flipping out over the risk of a resurgence or second wave or whatever they're calling it today the possibility of a return to shielding for clinically vulnerable people is entirely plausible and hardly fake news.

If you can't post anything constructive why post such nonsense?

Future shielding on nil pay

01 Aug 2020, 16:47

Look at what is occurring in parts of the country why make uninformed comment "think a bit more"

Future shielding on nil pay

01 Aug 2020, 17:41

I think if there is a major resurgence over the winter the government will probably step in with a version of furlough designed specifically for the high risk clinically vulnerable group.

Future shielding on nil pay

01 Aug 2020, 18:01

Decky Boy wrote:You say "likely" ? So is your post based on hearsay or your imaginings... or is it knowledge based and going to be reality ???
Looks like "Fake News" to me. Why Post such nonsense ???

Oh, for the love of God. :roll:

Dr. Fauci.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Future shielding on nil pay

01 Aug 2020, 21:02

I don't think this virus is going anywhere atlest few years wave is going to be up and down

Future shielding on nil pay

01 Aug 2020, 21:31

koolishy67 wrote:I don't think this virus is going anywhere atlest few years wave is going to be up and down

I was called a nice name when i posted something similar a few months ago but i totally agree with your post.

Future shielding on nil pay

01 Aug 2020, 21:34

Decky Boy wrote:You say "likely" ? So is your post based on hearsay or your imaginings... or is it knowledge based and going to be reality ???
Looks like "Fake News" to me. Why Post such nonsense ???

Probably based on scientific advice which is emerging daily or maybe you only like (fake news) any chance your a trump supporter :hmmmm

Future shielding on nil pay

01 Aug 2020, 21:46

aiden01 wrote:
Decky Boy wrote:You say "likely" ? So is your post based on hearsay or your imaginings... or is it knowledge based and going to be reality ???
Looks like "Fake News" to me. Why Post such nonsense ???

Probably based on scientific advice which is emerging daily or maybe you only like (fake news) any chance your a trump supporter :hmmmm


It's the assumption that those " shielding" will not recieve pay from Royal Mail that I have taken issue with. The virus ain't going anywhere anytime fast. We all know how to limit transmission yet many out there are throwing caution to the wind and playing fast and loose with hand hygiene and social distancing. Let's call them " dafties" because that's what they are !

Future shielding on nil pay

02 Aug 2020, 06:21

Decky Boy wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Decky Boy wrote:You say "likely" ? So is your post based on hearsay or your imaginings... or is it knowledge based and going to be reality ???
Looks like "Fake News" to me. Why Post such nonsense ???

Probably based on scientific advice which is emerging daily or maybe you only like (fake news) any chance your a trump supporter :hmmmm


It's the assumption that those " shielding" will not recieve pay from Royal Mail that I have taken issue with.


The assumption is based on logic.
The normal rules on sick pay apply.
It isn't unlimited.
After already going through 14 weeks of shielding many members may start to run out of sick pay entitlement soon or already have.
As far as I'm aware those in the first year of their employment had their sick pay entitlement withdrawn yesterday.

Even without a change in policy if there is another prolonged period of shielding the scenario where some extremely vulnerable members end up on nil pay is inevitable and I would be surprised if it hasn't happened already.

Future shielding on nil pay

02 Aug 2020, 06:52

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Even without a change in policy if there is another prolonged period of shielding the scenario where some extremely vulnerable members end up on nil pay is inevitable and I would be surprised if it hasn't happened already.

From reading around the news sites it looks like shielding could be going to return quite soon but in a slightly different form

Future shielding on nil pay

02 Aug 2020, 12:12

Decky Boy wrote:The virus ain't going anywhere anytime fast. We all know how to limit transmission yet many out there are throwing caution to the wind and playing fast and loose with hand hygiene and social distancing. Let's call them " dafties" because that's what they are !

Now that sentence I definitely agree with. Our office has done away with social distancing, masks and hand sanitizer. Our managers are dafties there, too.

Sky News (July 31, 2020): Coronavirus: The Rising Infectious Hotspots in England...



At least the Scottish government are taking precautions more seriously. They've advised the Scottish public to avoid visiting parts of England. On the other hand, the Scottish have been warned to avoid all of England for centuries. :wink:

And what the hell is this? Daily Mail (August 2, 2020) ~ Millions of Over 50s Could be Told to Stay at Home to Avoid a Blanket Second Lockdown Under 'Nuclear Plans' Drawn up by Boris Johnson After Bubble Bursts on Easing Lockdown

One more thing. Why are American travelers allowed to enter the United Kingdom (while UK travelers to the U.S. are mostly barred) but American travelers planning to fly directly to European Union nations are banned? American travelers are now using a loophole to enter the E.U. by changing planes at Heathrow and flying from London to their EU destination. Once again, the Johnson administration is a pathetic circus.

Future shielding on nil pay

02 Aug 2020, 20:21

aiden01 wrote:
Decky Boy wrote:You say "likely" ? So is your post based on hearsay or your imaginings... or is it knowledge based and going to be reality ???
Looks like "Fake News" to me. Why Post such nonsense ???

any chance you're a trump supporter :hmmmm

No, Decky Boy isn't a MAGAt. :Very Happy I mean, Trump supporters are dangerous sociopaths. Like this guy in Florida (filmed yesterday):


[Caution: Strong language]

T.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Future shielding on nil pay

03 Aug 2020, 08:53

We'll probably be seeing trump for 4 more years, batten down the hatches :nana

Future shielding on nil pay

03 Aug 2020, 21:39

Pathfinder wrote:We'll probably be seeing trump for 4 more years

Ya think? :wink:

Fox News Sunday Host Chris Wallace: “Despite what you say about the Biden campaign, the fact is it is the Trump campaign that just replaced your campaign manager. It’s the Trump campaign that just paused all television advertising for six days to re-calibrate."
[...] How do you turn this around, because at this point, Jason, you’re losing."


Trump Campaign Adviser And a Stinking Pile Of Feces Jason Miller: "Well, we think we’re in great shape and well positioned to win this. He’s either leading or within the margin of error."

Wallace: "I think the Fox poll compares very favorably to the Rasmussen poll in terms of accuracy. I knew you were going to attack one poll. As I said the national poll is based on nine polls. The state polls, based on multiple polls as well. Are you really going to blame this—it seems to me that you hurt your credibility if you don’t admit, yeah, we’re losing and we’ve got to turn things around."

Future shielding on nil pay

03 Aug 2020, 21:58

Meanwhile (and back on topic)...

Mirror (Aug. 3, 2020): Boris Johnson Warned Against 'Ageist and Ill Thought Out' Plans to Shield Over-50s
Boris Johnson has been warned against "ageist and ill thought out" reported plans to avert a second coronavirus wave by shielding older people. Instead of potentially advising millions of over-50s to stay at home to prevent another full nationwide lockdown, critics are urging the Prime Minister to clampdown on youths.
[...]
Former Labour government adviser Joan Bakewell said ministers need to get the message across to Britain's youth about the importance of social distancing.

Phew! I bet that's a relief for some of you dinosaurs here. Lock up those delinquent little brats! :wink:

Still, knowing Joris Bohnson he'll say one thing and do something else. Phuquing confused pillock. :crazy:

Future shielding on nil pay

03 Aug 2020, 22:17

PostmanBitesDog wrote:
Pathfinder wrote:We'll probably be seeing trump for 4 more years

Ya think? :wink:

Fox News Sunday Host Chris Wallace: “Despite what you say about the Biden campaign, the fact is it is the Trump campaign that just replaced your campaign manager. It’s the Trump campaign that just paused all television advertising for six days to re-calibrate."
[...] How do you turn this around, because at this point, Jason, you’re losing."


Trump Campaign Adviser And a Stinking Pile Of Feces Jason Miller: "Well, we think we’re in great shape and well positioned to win this. He’s either leading or within the margin of error."

Wallace: "I think the Fox poll compares very favorably to the Rasmussen poll in terms of accuracy. I knew you were going to attack one poll. As I said the national poll is based on nine polls. The state polls, based on multiple polls as well. Are you really going to blame this—it seems to me that you hurt your credibility if you don’t admit, yeah, we’re losing and we’ve got to turn things around."



Stopped Reading at "Fox News" :left: :arrrghhh

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1