not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Anyone refused entry?

24 Jul 2020, 19:20

Any of you forgot to take enough masks to deliver to shops/collect from post offices and been refused entry to deliver?

Anyone refused entry?

24 Jul 2020, 19:27

Nope. Fully equipped and everything was fine in all the shops I delivered to today. Actually, I politely informed an elderly customer who entered a convenience store ahead of me that she forgot to pull the face mask up over her face. She had it hanging down around her neck, perhaps to sneeze at somebody on the street outside.

The silly old duck smiled at me and said, "Oh dear, I forgot. Thank you, young man."

Anyone refused entry?

24 Jul 2020, 23:33

No I did not encounter any resistance was wearing one of these though https://www.wondercostumes.com/elephant-mask.html

Anyone refused entry?

26 Jul 2020, 11:16

Just throw it at the counter from the entrance :wink:

Anyone refused entry?

26 Jul 2020, 21:11

No bodies enforcing it, so why bother wearing one.

Anyone refused entry?

27 Jul 2020, 17:43

Regal wrote:No bodies enforcing it, so why bother wearing one.

Would you not wear one because others aren't?
But in reply to your question, it's because it's the right thing to do.

Anyone refused entry?

28 Jul 2020, 16:40

I forgot to take a mask out today, when I delivered the local collect to the post office I apologise for not having one on, he said we don’t enforce it, just advise it?

Anyone refused entry?

28 Jul 2020, 18:09

Regal wrote:Nobody's enforcing it, so why bother wearing one?

twoloops wrote:when I delivered the local collect to the post office I apologise for not having one on, he said we don’t enforce it, just advise it?

It's actually the law in England since July 24th, but the problem is how it's being enforced. Police can be called to a store by store owners to fine a shopper £100 for not wearing a mask and remove that shopper from the premises. But some shops don't want to go to that trouble (Costa Coffee, Asda and Sainsbury's aren't going to refuse customers from entering their establishments if they enter without a mask). And some police branches are only going to enforce the law as a last resort.

Other retail outlets like Tescos will offer masks at their entrances.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1