not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Special Deliveries - 1pm or 9pm?

23 Jun 2020, 10:43

I've been off work for a fortnight and I've now just come back and been told that despite starting at 10am in order to social distance unlike rest of the office, I'm now expected to get my Special Deliveries done by 1pm again. I had 20 today. Is this right or is this bollocks? This is the same manager that had us delivering failed mail on Saturdays when we apparently weren't meant to be doing it so I'm wondering if he's just chancing it again.

23 Jun 2020, 10:55

The advice on the website hasn't changed.
Due to increased absence levels, we’ve reviewed our timed guarantees for Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am and 1pm services and will make the following changes. For items posted from Tuesday 31 March 2020 onwards, our guaranteed delivery for Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9.00am the next working day will change to by 12.00pm the next working day*. Our guaranteed delivery for Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1.00pm will change to by 9.00pm the next working day*.

However if the mail had failed on Friday it is correct that delivery should have been made on Saturday during the no-letters Saturday phase.

23 Jun 2020, 10:58

Oh I know, and he knew that it was technically correct so he drew up a rota which meant that we'd have a full day of failed mail to do every Saturday.

24 Jun 2020, 14:31

Ours has been back to normal (pre covid) for two weeks now.

24 Jun 2020, 15:01

Been told that they are being measured on their quality again so SDs are being monitored but as earlier poster said the Customer Service website and RM own Coronavirus Q's document still says 9pm is the time. So deliver them when you can especially if they are still forcing the split shift patterns to cater for supposed social distancing.

26 Jun 2020, 23:17

Depends on their answer to ‘ will you pay me overtime for necessary diversions’ (for the otherwise out of reach 1pm specials )
Most likely ‘No we can’t’ and No I can’t

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1