not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Scotland v england (lockdown)

22 Jun 2020, 21:31

To my fellow colleagues south of the border as you're lockdown is being lifted much quicker than ours is it getting any better parcels wise.I hope so as it's still crazy up here and I'm just hoping that it returns to some kind of normality soon.If sturgeon doesn't end her intent to do it different from everyone else just to be different lol.

23 Jun 2020, 09:31

postieblueshirt wrote:To my fellow colleagues south of the border as you're lockdown is being lifted much quicker than ours is it getting any better parcels wise.I hope so as it's still crazy up here and I'm just hoping that it returns to some kind of normality soon.If sturgeon doesn't end her intent to do it different from everyone else just to be different lol.

No parcel levels still very high down here but letters very low and I agree about Sturgeon she has been playing politics with her decisions.

23 Jun 2020, 11:22

If sturgeon doesn't end her intent to do it different from everyone else just to be different

Who is "everyone else" ?
As far as I can see England is forging its own path completely independently to the rest of the world apart perhaps from the US and Brazil.

That's completely up to them but surely it places England as the outlier not "everyone else".

Sturgeon is being cautious, she knows the danger of a second wave and how difficult it would be to go into a second lockdown. Luckily in Scotland we're not driven by the non scientific rantings of Daily Mail and Sun readers literally dying to go back to the pub.

23 Jun 2020, 11:48

Woody Guthrie wrote:
If sturgeon doesn't end her intent to do it different from everyone else just to be different

Who is "everyone else" ?
As far as I can see England is forging its own path completely independently to the rest of the world apart perhaps from the US and Brazil.

That's completely up to them but surely it places England as the outlier not "everyone else".

Sturgeon is being cautious, she knows the danger of a second wave and how difficult it would be to go into a second lockdown. Luckily in Scotland we're not driven by the non scientific rantings of Daily Mail and Sun readers literally dying to go back to the pub.

yes i meant england or rest of the uk as a whole nation,i dont need to word it perfectly or it to be picked apart the title says what is meant.i you we work for royal mail a british company i only wanted to find out if things are getting easier.

23 Jun 2020, 12:14

Woody Guthrie wrote:Sturgeon is being cautious, she knows the danger of a second wave and how difficult it would be to go into a second lockdown. Luckily in Scotland we're not driven by the non scientific rantings of Daily Mail and Sun readers literally dying to go back to the pub.

Hmm...I think I'd even take these alleged Sun readers "dying to get back to the pub" over anything that nice Mrs Sturgeon has said. Ever.
"Sturgeon" "cautious" and "knows". Three words that have never appeared in one sentence before.

23 Jun 2020, 14:02

Tman wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:Sturgeon is being cautious, she knows the danger of a second wave and how difficult it would be to go into a second lockdown. Luckily in Scotland we're not driven by the non scientific rantings of Daily Mail and Sun readers literally dying to go back to the pub.

Hmm...I think I'd even take these alleged Sun readers "dying to get back to the pub" over anything that nice Mrs Sturgeon has said. Ever.
"Sturgeon" "cautious" and "knows". Three words that have never appeared in one sentence before.

I'm shocked Tman.
You've jumped in at the mention of Sturgeon with a less than witty put down.
It's not like you.
Oh wait....

23 Jun 2020, 14:59

If you are a unionist you will moan about Sturgeon doing things differently from England and if she did the same as England would moan about that too
If you are pro-independence you will defend Sturgeon doing things differently from England and id she did the same would defend that too

Lets not pretend otherwise whatever side yer on - its the footballification of politics

The reality is generally somewhere in the middle like most things

23 Jun 2020, 15:04

What if you're neither pro-unionist or pro-independence?
What if you're just pro-health, pro-evidence and pro-science?
Is my opinion still valid?

23 Jun 2020, 15:07

Woody Guthrie wrote:What if you're neither pro-unionist or pro-independence?
What if you're just pro-health, pro-evidence and pro-science?
Is my opinion still valid?

Everybodys opinion is valid

The problem is producing opinion as facts

23 Jun 2020, 15:41

Tman wrote:

Because Bojo and his govt have been straight with everyone from the word go, haven't they?.... :roll:

23 Jun 2020, 17:47

Sturgeon has chosen a different path to England ( Scotland does have a lot of autonomy ) but whenever anything goes wrong, you can guarantee it will be the fault of Boris/Westminster/England.

However, going back to the original question, things are slightly better here parcel-wise ( Today was the first time in over 3 months that I managed to load my walk into ONE York :nana ).

23 Jun 2020, 18:16

JKSmudge wrote:Sturgeon has chosen a different path to England ( Scotland does have a lot of autonomy ) but whenever anything goes wrong, you can guarantee it will be the fault of Boris/Westminster/England.

However, going back to the original question, things are slightly better here parcel-wise ( Today was the first time in over 3 months that I managed to load my walk into ONE York :nana ).

thats encouraging and exactly what i wanted to know lol thanx

23 Jun 2020, 20:17

Parcels are still absolutely manic but on a positive note we have now employed packet drivers now to help deliver them - whereas up until a week ago normal and recorded parcels were just being "stockpiled" for the following day/s.

I don't really do politics but Sturgeon is absolutely right in being cautious. According to medical history, global pandemics on this sort of scale are very rare indeed and apart from the swine flu "epidemics" which led to 138 deaths in England between June and November 2009 our last major "Pandemic" was the 1918/19 Spanish flu which killed 228,000 people in Britain. Considering the UK death toll from Covid19 has now 'allegedly' reached over 43,000 and there's a possible 2nd wave with a recent epidemic in Germany, Sturgeon is trying to do things in the right way. Its worth pointing out that England only decided to close their schools early in the pandemic after Scotland closed theirs. Boris is also under great pressure to ease the lockdown restrictions from businesses.

24 Jun 2020, 19:19

Woody Guthrie wrote:Sturgeon is being cautious, she knows....

Yep, she knew so much and was so cautious Woody that she waited a matter of hours before following Johnson's lead on easing lockdown.

24 Jun 2020, 19:49

Tman wrote:

Yep, she knew so much and was so cautious Woody that she waited a matter of hours before following Johnson's lead on easing lockdown.

She announced last week that the lockdown measures would be reviewed today.

24 Jun 2020, 23:23

Tman wrote:

Why try an out people??

25 Jun 2020, 08:41

aiden01 wrote:
Tman wrote:

Why try an out people??

PM sent to Tman

26 Jun 2020, 22:03

Too much idiots, selfish ppl ,the beaches in bournemoth , queuing for mcdonalds, desperate to get into primark, (and some) ))mindless protests its going to bring on a second wave anyway. Still no social distancing being correctly adhered to in my office and others.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1