not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

A customer has asked a colleague in my office to have a temperature check before allowing them access to their delivery point, what is our business position on this request?

22 Jun 2020, 16:17

A customer has asked a colleague in my office to have a temperature check before allowing them access to their delivery point, what is our business position on this request?

We continue to follow the Government/Public Health guidelines and temperature checks have not been mandated at delivery points.

It would therefore not be appropriate to ask our employees to comply with these checks unless they wish to. Temperature checks can be an indicator of possible coronavirus however not everyone with coronavirus will have a temperature or develop symptoms.

Where someone has a high temperature it could also be for other reasons.

Having a temperature check can be stressful and if a temperature is raised this needs to be supported through clear signposting to a GP or NHS 111 who will advise next steps.

Where temperature checks are being suggested managers need to engage locally with the company requesting the temperature check and come to a local arrangement to deliver or arrange for mail to be collected.

2nd post PDF in the Global Announcement...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94715

22 Jun 2020, 18:36

Given the warm weather and the physicality of the job won't the body temperature be through the roof

22 Jun 2020, 19:34

Tell them to collect their mail from the office everyday.

22 Jun 2020, 20:02

Joe B wrote:Tell them to collect their mail from the office everyday.

Well said

23 Jun 2020, 16:21

Be worried if it was a rectal thermometer :shock:

24 Jun 2020, 18:05

Just let them do it all they'll do is point a no contact thermometer at you, can't see what the issue is after all it's in your own interest anyway to see what your temperature is.

24 Jun 2020, 20:09

Dindin wrote:
Joe B wrote:Tell them to collect their mail from the office everyday.

Well said

And what happens if their temperature is high for whatever reason?
What do they think they can do with this private information?

UNCLEAN!

The cry goes up! Panic! Don't come near me you infectious bastard! Inform the authorities! Postman with a worrying temperature? Burn Him!! Get him on the track and trace app and lock him down and isolate his friends and colleagues!

Can I just take your temperature?
Are you medically trained and bound by the hippocratic oath and patient confidentiality?
No I'm a nump with a gadget.
Then f**k off with that thing or soon it'll be telling you your own internal temperature.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1