not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

LTB 263/20 - COVID-19 RECOGNITION PAYMENT

21 May 2020, 12:26

LTB 263/20

20th May 2020

Dear Colleagues,

£200 COVID-19 Recognition Payment

Further to LTB 254/20 and the attached Joint Statement circulated on 15th May 2020, Branches/colleagues should be aware that the DGS(P) department has received a number of enquiries relating to the qualifying criteria for this payment. I have formally raised these issues with the business and further dialogue is continuing.

Branches/colleagues must however remember that it was only following pressure from the union nationally that management decided to make a payment at all and therefore it is important to point out that the £200 payment is a one-off discretionary, non-contractual payment and not subject to the usual criteria in place for other lump sum payments – the most notable of which being the two Christmas lump sum payments.

The union will of course endeavour to ensure that as many members as possible receive all or part of this discretionary payment, but it must be remembered that the main focus of this payment is to acknowledge colleagues who have worked throughout the current COVID-19 crisis and continue to do so.

We should also not lose sight of the very real challenge the union and its members face due to the loss of letter traffic and the impact this has had on Royal Mail’s financial position. Equally it is of the utmost importance that we establish a framework for high level talks to resolve our current dispute and our 2020 pay claim.

The DGS(P) Department will ensure that Branches are provided with additional updates as further developments occur. In the meantime Branches are asked to circulate this LTB as widely as possible and to please stay safe.

Any enquiries in relation to the content of this LTB should be addressed to the DGS(P) Department.

Yours sincerely,

Terry Pullinger

Deputy General Secretary (Postal)

21 May 2020, 13:30

it must be remembered that the main focus of this payment is to acknowledge colleagues who have worked throughout the current COVID-19 crisis and continue to do so.

Or another way of looking at it is if less people had been stupid and gone to work with symptoms maybe less people would have died.

Just a thought Terry before you start handing out medals for presenteeism.

21 May 2020, 14:19

Loos of letter traffic? I keep seeing this posted here and there but in reality? Do they just listen and believe what RM tell them?

21 May 2020, 14:22

smok3y666 wrote:Loos of letter traffic? I keep seeing this posted here and there but in reality? Do they just listen and believe what RM tell them?

No they have the figures from the machines.

21 May 2020, 14:38

clashcityrocker wrote:
smok3y666 wrote:Loos of letter traffic? I keep seeing this posted here and there but in reality? Do they just listen and believe what RM tell them?

Are these the same figures that they say have been dropping by loads every year? If these figures were correct we would now be delivering about 10 letters per walk each day

21 May 2020, 14:55

ebbzie wrote:
Are these the same figures that they say have been dropping by loads every year? If these figures were correct we would now be delivering about 10 letters per walk each day

Only if you can't do basic maths.

21 May 2020, 15:05

ebbzie wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

How many people/walks have you lost in your office? The letters have dropped and so have the people sorting and delivering them so we don't see much or in some case any reduction in workload

21 May 2020, 15:16

anyone who can't see that the letters have ''dropped off a cliffedge'' is deluding themselves. believe me, i would be the first to say it if it wasn't true. but they have dropped dramatically this last few months.

21 May 2020, 15:43

Woody Guthrie wrote:
it must be remembered that the main focus of this payment is to acknowledge colleagues who have worked throughout the current COVID-19 crisis and continue to do so.

My question is.. If payment is due to people who have worked throughout and I'm guessing not to anyone who went out with symptoms or whatever. What about the ones who actually tested positive for Covid 19 and went sick through no fault of their own?? I for one tested positive and am 100% positive I contracted it on delivery.

21 May 2020, 16:23

daveyeff wrote:anyone who can't see that the letters have ''dropped off a cliffedge'' is deluding themselves. believe me, i would be the first to say it if it wasn't true. but they have dropped dramatically this last few months.

They will have, 70% of companies have been closed since March.

21 May 2020, 16:49

ebbzie wrote:well in the 20 years i ve been here they have been dropping 10% a year , so you do the maths you sarcastic pr**k

Show me where anyone has said they have been dropping by 10% each year.
The figure usually quoted for the past few years is 5/6%.
A drop of 5% for 5 years does not equate to a 25% drop.
It certainly doesn't equate to your 10 letters/walk.

21 May 2020, 17:13

But aren't we officailly "a parcel delivery firm managing a decline in letters"?

21 May 2020, 17:47

daveyeff wrote:anyone who can't see that the letters have ''dropped off a cliffedge'' is deluding themselves. believe me, i would be the first to say it if it wasn't true. but they have dropped dramatically this last few months.

do you think , I must be deluded then as the post boxes I empty on my delivery have been as full as xmas as it was the only way people could contact each other , so are they counts just stamped mail ? and its not just down to the letter counts what about call rates ? I could be going to every house and delivering 1 letter and not 2 - 3 , BUT the parcels have also gone through the roof .

21 May 2020, 18:07

not long ago just about every duty in our office was getting 3 trays each day(some were getting 4) except tuesdays which was 1 and a half. now, we are getting 1 to 1 and a half per day. and tuesdays about 3 quarters full. tuesday gone i had 235 letters in me tray. the only reason i had plenty of work was cos the duty hadn't went out since the previous thursday. our nearest neighbouring offices are exactly the same. yes i definitely think they've dropped massively. packets, as you say though are through the roof. i used to be the first to shout out they were liars and their figures were shite. but now, im afraid its a reality.

21 May 2020, 18:32

In all honesty I don't have a problem with the money only going to those who have actually worked.

At least those isolating are / were safe at home, which is worth a lot at a time like this.

It wasn't announced in advance, so doesn't really encourage presenteeism.

(Disclosure - I don't get the money myself)

21 May 2020, 18:35

daveyeff wrote:not long ago just about every duty in our office was getting 3 trays each day(some were getting 4) except tuesdays which was 1 and a half. now, we are getting 1 to 1 and a half per day. and tuesdays about 3 quarters full. tuesday gone i had 235 letters in me tray. the only reason i had plenty of work was cos the duty hadn't went out since the previous thursday. our nearest neighbouring offices are exactly the same. yes i definitely think they've dropped massively. packets, as you say though are through the roof. i used to be the first to shout out they were liars and their figures were shite. but now, im afraid its a reality.

Did the big drop in trays (I'm assuming you're referring to your sequenced) coincide with when the GDPR regs kicked in?

21 May 2020, 18:36

daveyeff wrote:not long ago just about every duty in our office was getting 3 trays each day(some were getting 4) except tuesdays which was 1 and a half. now, we are getting 1 to 1 and a half per day. and tuesdays about 3 quarters full. tuesday gone i had 235 letters in me tray. the only reason i had plenty of work was cos the duty hadn't went out since the previous thursday. our nearest neighbouring offices are exactly the same. yes i definitely think they've dropped massively. packets, as you say though are through the roof. i used to be the first to shout out they were liars and their figures were shite. but now, im afraid its a reality.

well all I can say if your only getting 1 to 1 and a half trays a day your lucky and 3 quarters on a Tuesday , it just shows that all areas aren't and will never be the same as long as the company have there head up there arse and tye everywhere with the same brush , we get 3 trays everyday , 2 on a Tuesday and as I said call rate , double slots d2ds etc all come into the way of working .

21 May 2020, 18:44

okay the letters have dropped, but still a reasonable amount each day, im sceptical as to exact figures there is still the manual mail , and off course when some sort of "normallity" returns i wonder if we will start getting the matelan go outdoors, etc.As for the packets its christmas plus every day , the money for the increase in the packet amounts that re passing through royal mail well i leave it to you guys , the cry of reduced this profit that profit........... :nana

21 May 2020, 18:46

1 tray a day. Lol

21 May 2020, 19:34

I get three quarters up to a full a tray on the first wagon and a small bundle in an elastic band, sometimes half a tray for my second bundle at the moment...the letter volumes have dropped dramatically at the moment but that is to be expected due to so many companies in lockdown/furlough. The UK economy is in stasis at the moment, we will have to wait to see just what happens when we emerge from these restrictions. My guess is many UK companies will be eager to recapture all the lost business as quickly as possible because once a customer is lost they are much harder to win back later. It is better to try and retain your old customer base so higher marketing budgets will probably be the norm.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5