not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Boss's new plan?

20 May 2020, 20:46

What's the general view on the new boss's strategy now that Rico has been ousted, ie. will we be looking to streamline involving redeployment, voluntarily redundancies, possible forced redundancies? Strikes still on at Christmas OR will Keith Williams hatch a new plan as it's difficult to see things staying as they are/were after CV19?

Boss's new plan?

20 May 2020, 20:55

Reckon it depends how long current measures from Corona last if it drags on for rest of year which is possible then christmas pressure and likely there attacks on jobs will come again afterwards but if its over sooner then probably happen later on summer. Always seems to go quiet for a while when some one new takes the hot seat then suddenly the attacks come

Boss's new plan?

20 May 2020, 21:02

onejontwo wrote:Strikes still on at Christmas OR will Keith Williams hatch a new plan as it's difficult to see things staying as they are/were after CV19?

The likelyhood is we will still be dealing with COVID19 in one way or another at Christmas and with thousands more people about to lose their jobs and a recession around the corner strikes are going to be a very hard call to make.

No idea of the new guys plans but i wouldn't expect much difference from what was in place anyway, i strongly doubt there will be many people paid to leave the company in the future, as people leave for whatever reason they just won't be replaced.

Boss's new plan?

20 May 2020, 22:03

We'll never know but you have to wonder why Rico was forced out now? Was it simply about the stock price? The edging towards a big showdown in the middle of a health crisis? The whole working from home when that home is in Switzerland?

The internet says Keith Williams is 64. You wouldn't think he'd want to devote a whole bunch of years to Royal Mail.

Boss's new plan?

20 May 2020, 23:29

The LTB on the bonus issued today had some interesting wording half way through:

“We should also not lose sight of the very real challenge the union and its members face due to the loss of letter traffic and the impact this has had on Royal Mail’s financial position”

I wonder if the first thing the new boss has done is given them a closer look at the accounts than the last leader.

Boss's new plan?

21 May 2020, 16:05

Daniel Kretlinsky will agitate to spin GLS out of Roysl Mail.
This will be supported as the proceeds can be paid out as a special dividend.
Parcelforce will become the UK division of GLS prior to this.
Rico Back will return as CEO of GLS with share options and 5 mill p.a

Boss's new plan?

21 May 2020, 16:14

britwrit wrote:We'll never know but you have to wonder why Rico was forced out now?

Do we even know he was "forced out"?
Did he resign or was he pushed? I haven't seen anything conclusive to substantiate either statement.

Boss's new plan?

21 May 2020, 16:21

scirocco'r' wrote:Daniel Kretlinsky will agitate to spin GLS out of Roysl Mail.

just as long as hes away from royal mail.

Boss's new plan?

21 May 2020, 17:02

My concern is that the board were quite happy to support Rico’s plan, right up to and after the strike ballots. Whoever takes over won’t mean anything has changed. Their agenda was plain, and I doubt that it will change.

Boss's new plan?

21 May 2020, 17:28

That could well mean that foreign specials go via PF instead of RM.

Possibly UK specials going abroad would go via the local postal operator in each country. Could potentially mean a good drop in the amount of work in MC SD lockers

Boss's new plan?

21 May 2020, 19:14

Do parcelforce do GLS parcels in the UK now? Or do GLS have their own Van's in the UK?

Boss's new plan?

21 May 2020, 20:08

Munchboii wrote:

Do parcelforce do GLS parcels in the UK now? Or do GLS have their own Van's in the UK?

In the UK it's a mix of RM and PF

Boss's new plan?

22 May 2020, 16:37

Bosses new plans... are f**k the work force over.. make their life hell.. by working them into the ground..

For bosses gain.. money and greed..

Bosses want a new yacht... so screw the workers into the ground.. by forcing impossible savings onto delivery...

Bosses get their yacht... and lavish life style..

the planet is doomed..

Boss's new plan?

23 May 2020, 13:43

pinstripe wrote:My concern is that the board were quite happy to support Rico’s plan, right up to and after the strike ballots. Whoever takes over won’t mean anything has changed. Their agenda was plain, and I doubt that it will change.

as Roger Daltry sang.....''meet the new Boss,....same as the old Boss'' :Very Happy

Boss's new plan?

23 May 2020, 14:20

daveyeff wrote:as Roger Daltry sang.....''meet the new Boss,....same as the old Boss'' :Very Happy

But as Marc Bolan sang "You won't fool the children of the revolution."
But he also sang "Telegram Sam" which might be more apt.

Boss's new plan?

23 May 2020, 14:42

London's calling to the faraway town...

Anyone would think he's in the right place at the right time. He was the boss of BA and just look at them now due to circumstances outside of their control with no flights going anywhere and thousands of workers being made redundant. I won't be investing in airlines any time soon.

He's got previous from resolving a dispute with cabin crew unions and will try and resolve the dispute with ours. It's a nice initial gesture to award staff a bonus. I don't think he's the type of bloke to throw his toys out the pram and stop talking to the Union if he doesn't get his own way. It could be his last little business adventure before he retires.

Boss's new plan?

23 May 2020, 17:26

Putting 'letters dropping' aside....better management would help.

-Making rounds equal. Why does it seem like there is a refusal for management to do this, is it too much of a hassle to change, or are they just unwilling to admit rounds need equalling up?

If rounds are more equal you wouldn't have people cutting off as much and then having to pay someone excess or overtime to finish the round.

-If you are going to send someone out blind...give them some guidance, don't just leave them in the dark and hope for the best....they will go over their time or cut off, either way you are going to be paying them extra or someone else extra on overtime.

-Introduce some sort of live tracking system where you can see where Posties are on their rounds and designate any extra post to those who are going to be finishing early and take the post to them so they don't have to come back to the depot.

-Encourage the public to get parcel boxes. Leaflet them about them and sell them/install them ourselves. If 50% of houses had them the amount of time this would save Posties is ridiculous.

Boss's new plan?

24 May 2020, 07:31

norris9 wrote:Snip.

Some good ideas there norris. My own ideas:

The first thing that needs sorting is making everybody work their hours. I can’t think of many businesses letting staff go home early then paying others OT to finish the work.

Rounds need evening up for sure.

An app on our PDA for future when we are back doing park and loops so we can see where our van partner is and can go and help.

I’ve long thought the walk folders are outdated. We need information (either printed or able to be downloaded digitally) showing how to tie up, tricky addresses (eg where on the frame their number is 10 King street but it always comes addressed as The Hollies King Street). Also flat access codes, things like that.

Something needs to be done about the state of the vans inside. Leaving wrappers, half eaten food, bottles, banana skins. Something needs to be done to those consistently doing it.

Last but definitely not least, the holiday pay needs sorting ASAP. When it eventually goes to court RM are going to have to backdate a huge amount of money. An unpopular opinion I know but I’d accept 75% of what I’m owed if it’s paid within a month and going forward I’m automatically paid my average hours when I’m on holiday. By accepting less (but still a big %) I’d hope it doesn’t impact on RMs finances as much and so doesn’t lead to job losses.

RM must know they are going to have to pay it, they can’t keep kicking the can down the road.

Boss's new plan?

24 May 2020, 08:36

HTPostman wrote:Last but definitely not least, the holiday pay needs sorting ASAP. When it eventually goes to court RM are going to have to backdate a huge amount of money. An unpopular opinion I know but I’d accept 75% of what I’m owed if it’s paid within a month and going forward I’m automatically paid my average hours when I’m on holiday. By accepting less (but still a big %) I’d hope it doesn’t impact on RMs finances as much and so doesn’t lead to job losses.

RM must know they are going to have to pay it, they can’t keep kicking the can down the road.

Can I borrow a £1000 off you please mate promise I will pay you back £750 within a month, sound fair?

Boss's new plan?

24 May 2020, 09:12

HTPostman wrote:I’ve long thought the walk folders are outdated. We need information (either printed or able to be downloaded digitally) showing how to tie up, tricky addresses (eg where on the frame their number is 10 King street but it always comes addressed as The Hollies King Street). Also flat access codes, things like that.

:left: Good luck getting them to do that, for some DOs they need to get their A+ updated first (when sequencing some batches get loads of rejects- the best time to check is with a bulk posting where every address gets something)

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2