not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

been off work for 4 weeks with confirmed CV19.Sic pay stopped.

16 May 2020, 19:26

Can anyone advise me on the length of Coronavirus related sick pay time.
I ran out of normal sick pay due to another condition and usually receive SSP.

I was hospitalised with confirmed coronavirus related pneumonia and was off from the 14/04 I had been receiving an extra 'sick pay' entitlement which stopped last week.
My GP has been very helpful in providing fit notes with 'Confirmed Coronavirus, recovery from' and has warned me that recovery due to the severity of the attack could take weeks.
My manager is usually sending me letters the day after I have gone sick explaining what entitlement to sick pay I will receive.
Last week I received nothing.
Rep had talk with Dom yesterday and Dom said it was because my non SSP entitlement had run out.
Can anyone confirm the length of entitlement to sick pay for staff with confirmed medical evidence of Coronavirus and, if possible point me to the relevant document so I can email her this weekend.
Many thanks in advance.

16 May 2020, 20:22

lambert246 wrote:Can anyone advise me on the length of Coronavirus related sick pay time.
I ran out of normal sick pay due to another condition and usually receive SSP.

I was hospitalised with confirmed coronavirus related pneumonia and was off from the 14/04 I had been receiving an extra 'sick pay' entitlement which stopped last week.
My GP has been very helpful in providing fit notes with 'Confirmed Coronavirus, recovery from' and has warned me that recovery due to the severity of the attack could take weeks.
My manager is usually sending me letters the day after I have gone sick explaining what entitlement to sick pay I will receive.
Last week I received nothing.
Rep had talk with Dom yesterday and Dom said it was because my non SSP entitlement had run out.
Can anyone confirm the length of entitlement to sick pay for staff with confirmed medical evidence of Coronavirus and, if possible point me to the relevant document so I can email her this weekend.
Many thanks in advance.

Your sick pay has run out if you have had 1 year in the past 4 years off regardless of corona virus or not. You can only apply to furlough if shielding.

16 May 2020, 20:22

It depends on your contract sick pay is for people over 2 years service is 6 months full pay and six months half pay if however you have been off for another illness it will be reduced. SSP is payed by the government you would have to look at that side of it with a benefits expert of which I am not.

17 May 2020, 11:23

Thanks for the advice, appreciated.
My actual sick pay ran out 2 years ago and with disability related absences since then I have been getting SSP.
I started receiving an extra sick pay which I assumed was Corona virus related but I can find no information on this anywhere so maybe I will bite the bullet and ask DOM. Pointless really as said DOm thinks they are eternally clever (or dumb) by giving out misleading info all the time.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1