not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

LTB 254/20 - CWU/ROYAL MAIL JOINT STATEMENT - CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION PAYMENT/FUTURE TALKS

15 May 2020, 14:12

LTB 254/20 - CWU/ROYAL MAIL JOINT STATEMENT – CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION PAYMENT/FUTURE TALKS

LTB 254/20

15th May 2020

Dear Colleague,

CWU/ROYAL MAIL JOINT STATEMENT – CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION PAYMENT/FUTURE TALKS

We have attached to this LTB a JOINT STATEMENTwhich builds on the recent reassuring exchange of correspondence between the union and the company over temporary changes to the USO.

Following the recent exchange of correspondence, the union has been in talks with the company about a recognition payment for the huge effort our members continue to make in maintaining services during the COVID19 pandemic.

You will see from the statement that Royal Mail has now agreed to pay a £200 lump sum to CWU represented grades. The payment will be made in June and will be on a pro rata basis for part time working, absence and unpaid leave.

We have also been discussing a framework for talks to resolve all issues in the current national dispute and ultimately agree a strategy for the future of the company and our members. The Joint Statement also confirms this point. These discussions are ongoing and we hope to be in a position in the near future to provide all Branches, representatives and members with an update.

In the meantime, please ensure our representatives and members are advised of these developments. We understand that in conjunction with this the company are also making an external announcement to the markets. Any enquiries on the above should be address to hford@cwu.org.

Yours sincerely,

Terry Pullinger
Deputy General Secretary (Postal)

Dave Ward
General Secretary

LTB 254/20 – CWU-ROYAL MAIL JOINT STATEMENT – CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION PAYMENT-FUTURE TALKS https://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-mdikdtl-jtfowtu-d/

View Online https://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-mdikdtl-jtfowtu-h/

LTB 254/20 - CWU/ROYAL MAIL JOINT STATEMENT - CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION PAYMENT/FUTURE TALKS

15 May 2020, 15:55

very nice - but part-timers shafted again - esp those of us doing 40+ hours covering FT staff who ducked out at the start of lockdown... nothing ever change.

15 May 2020, 16:03

JKSmudge wrote:very nice - but part-timers shafted again - esp those of us doing 40+ hours covering FT staff who ducked out at the start of lockdown... nothing ever change.

It doesn't say clearly whether it is pro rated on your contracted hours or the actual hours worked. Maybe I haven't read it properly.
Given that the part time annual leave reserves were shafted on the later starts (making overtime impossible) and then all part time overtime was banned (in my area at least) it is a double shafting of epic proportions.

15 May 2020, 16:34

it is a double shafting of epic proportions.

If it penalises members for following Government guidance and self isolating it's a triple shafting.

If it penalises members for taking unpaid leave to protect family members it's a quadruple shafting.

Epic might not do it justice.

15 May 2020, 16:59

And of course if we do have a second wave then people are going to think twice about not going to work if they think it will mean them losing a potential second bonus.
Piss poor effort all round.

15 May 2020, 17:14

If people were self isolating/shielding whatever,They weren't having to go through the absolute maelstrom of crap we've had these last few weeks infact their absence added to it for the rest of us.(through no fault of their own obviously).
I fully agree that any p/t staff that were doing f/t hours should get it though.

15 May 2020, 17:22

wallop wrote:If people were self isolating/shielding whatever,They weren't having to go through the absolute maelstrom of crap we've had these last few weeks infact their absence added to it for the rest of us.(through no fault of their own obviously).
I fully agree that any p/t staff that were doing f/t hours should get it though.

Works all ways though.

Plenty staff not doing anything like their contracted hours through this either.

15 May 2020, 17:56

wallop wrote:If people were self isolating/shielding whatever,They weren't having to go through the absolute maelstrom of crap we've had these last few weeks infact their absence added to it for the rest of us.(through no fault of their own obviously).

But they were having to go through the maelstrom of stress and worry about having a potentially fatal illness while they were self-isolating, possibly having caught the illness at work due to the half hearted implementation of health and safety measures such as non existent social distancing.

15 May 2020, 18:28

Imagine if every office got got £200 per member of staff and put money in a pot.

Everyone pad pro rata the hours they have worked up to a maximum of 45hrs per week - to reflect the efforts of those who have done OT.

Fair?

15 May 2020, 18:42

I've been doing 30-38 hours a week at my mail centre throughout this coronavirus but, because I am a cwu-represented Angard member, I may not get the same respect for my work effort in this time and could not be getting a bonus?!

I hope I do qualify for a bonus as I already have to miss out on christmas bonus payments when I've been doing 40-60 hours a week in previous years during the christmas pressure weeks. :pray

15 May 2020, 18:48

It is interesting how this statement is phrased. It makes it sound like only CWU members are getting the payment.

15 May 2020, 19:05

ripio wrote:

But they were having to go through the maelstrom of stress and worry about having a potentially fatal illness while they were self-isolating, possibly having caught the illness at work due to the half hearted implementation of health and safety measures such as non existent social distancing.

Yeah sorry, you're right we had people that actually had covid that they caught in the workplace they shouldn't be punished,My views are a bit skewed at the moment after we had one of them pass away the other week.
There's a bit of grumbling resentment for the usual suspects in our office that all suddenly developed bad backs/stress etc when the lockdown started leaving the rest of us somewhat high and dry.Most of them had nice sun tans when they returned.
A couple of them are almost boasting that they were sodding about whilst we were running the virus gauntlet.

15 May 2020, 19:12

Xeonus wrote:I've been doing 30-38 hours a week at my mail centre throughout this coronavirus but, because I am a cwu-represented Angard member, I may not get the same respect for my work effort in this time and could not be getting a bonus?!

I hope I do qualify for a bonus as I already have to miss out on christmas bonus payments when I've been doing 40-60 hours a week in previous years during the christmas pressure weeks. :pray

Unfortunately you probably won't as you are not a Royal Mail employee and the union would have to take this up with Angard on your behalf.

It is the same as any perfomance bonus, Delivery supplement etc...
These are the reasons that RM have employed Angard to recruit and supply a workforce on demand.

15 May 2020, 19:15

£25 quid a week (if your lucky) for approx 8 weeks of work. When you take in to account the Christmas Bonus(es) are for approx 2-3 weeks of work, this payment is an insult when you consider the dangers that you guys have had to endure and the additional parcels plus now delivering and collecting Covid Tests. I would have thought a fairer reflection would have been a non taxable payment or tax paid payment of £100 per week. This would give you £800 in your pocket which could be spent on giving your families a few days out once it is safe to do so.

15 May 2020, 19:18

LouBarlow wrote:It is interesting how this statement is phrased. It makes it sound like only CWU members are getting the payment.

No is the answer, "You will see from the statement that Royal Mail has now agreed to pay a £200 lump sum to CWU represented grades." is just a term of phrase to indicate grades (Not management) who could be represented by the union i.e OPG (Postman), Letter Administrators, Drivers and MDEC etc...

15 May 2020, 19:47

We all get the Xmas bonus irrespective of sickness, why should this recognition payment be any different to those who have taken the government's advice to self-isolate so that staff don't infect their fellow colleagues?

As for part-timers, pro-rata ain't going to change. I know some part-timers often work full-time hours but then there are also full-timers who also do many extra hours as well - would you expect them to get more than the standard payment???

15 May 2020, 19:56

Agree with you . Amount of people off sick in my office with sore backs/ stress etc is ridiculous. The payment is for working through this crisis. If you have worked through it u deserve it. If you haven't you don't.

15 May 2020, 19:58

hero22 wrote:

Agree with you . Amount of people off sick in my office with sore backs/ stress etc is ridiculous. The payment is for working through this crisis. If you have worked through it u deserve it. If you haven't you don't.

What a Hero :left:

15 May 2020, 20:04

I spent today whilst working thinking it was a great idea. Then I come on here, and most seem very negative towards it.

15 May 2020, 21:31

hero22 wrote:

The last thing any responsible union should be doing is endorsing a financial incentive to come to work when you're sick, especially in the middle of a lethal pandemic.

It's pretty unbelievable to be honest.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3