not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Childcare

14 May 2020, 22:11

Anyone else having childcare problems?

We were told today that we weren't in "the correct keyworker bracket" to qualify for childcare in northern ireland despite both being keyworkers (railways and postie).

We've never had to put kids into care until now and we thought we had it all sorted until the carer got back to us today and she had been told it would be illegal to watch our children because we don't qualify.

Our bosses won't let us work different shifts. I'm on collections in the evenings and have been told there's no option for me to work on delivery on the weeks she has to work lates.

I was once told directly by the manager "If you can't do that shift then you have to look for a different job" back before the pandemic hit when I was hoping to get off collections and move to deliveries. So I knew it was going to be pointless approaching him again.

On my wife's side someone seems to have complained that they had been letting her work hours to suit us so now she has to do the shifts they give her.

Really out of options now. How can we work at all when we can't change our shifts or get childcare?

Childcare

15 May 2020, 06:03

That's ridiculous surely your DOM should give you a delivery or let you work in an office that needs your for delivery seeing as most offices are failing rings around them. Do you have a rep?

Childcare

15 May 2020, 09:16

picture123 wrote:That's ridiculous surely your DOM should give you a delivery or let you work in an office that needs your for delivery seeing as most offices are failing rings around them. Do you have a rep?

Yeah we do, going that have to be my next step I guess. Our office is the same but there is no one to do my collection supposedly.

Childcare

15 May 2020, 11:00

They would most likely have to offer you to take your leave or unpaid leave
That’s the only solution at the min
The union will surely look into some of these situations now rico has gone

Childcare

15 May 2020, 11:59

wf wrote:They would most likely have to offer you to take your leave or unpaid leave
That’s the only solution at the min
The union will surely look into some of these situations now rico has gone

If I take unpaid leave or use holidays he still has to cover the duty so I've no idea why it makes a difference. Surely being allowed to work an early shift the odd time (keeping me at work) makes more sense. Spoke to him today again, absolutely pointless.

Childcare

15 May 2020, 16:06

I would consider going on sick with "work related stress". This normally goes above the DOMS head to his manager, who tells him to resolve the work related stress and if he does you are expected back in work the next day. Explain the stress is because of the hours you're working and the only way to solve it is to change you to early.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1