not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

How understanding are the managers in your office?

06 Apr 2020, 22:51

If you want to isolate for a health condition but don't have an NHS note.

Or you have a vulnerable person at home.

Or you have other issues because of the virus, eg childcare or overtime.

Or concerns about the general conditions in your office.

07 Apr 2020, 08:16

Management in my office understand, they just don’t care.

07 Apr 2020, 08:20

My manager understand me and gave me 12 weeks unpaid leave I don't have any problem I can cover this money with overtime while everything is settled but at the moment our office atmosphere is not good

07 Apr 2020, 08:38

Isolating without an NHS note or with someone vilnerable at home is no problem (but on unpaid leave or as holiday, which is a business thing not down to individual managers)

They seem to be accommodating people with other issues as much as they can.

So far as social distancing goes, not so good. They've put in measures and do have a word with people who they see persistently break them, but (even about 1/3 of staff down), some of the aisles are just too narrow for the number of staff they have in them.

No issues whatsoever with people doing overtime or wanting to finish on time. Overall, they've been fairly classy about things, to be fair to them.

07 Apr 2020, 10:15

Been told by doc to isolate for 12 weeks but can’t get a letter or anything. So been told I have to work

07 Apr 2020, 10:27

Fully understanding. Lack the balls to have a go at senior managers in defence of their workforce.

07 Apr 2020, 10:31

fatboypaul wrote:Been told by doc to isolate for 12 weeks but can’t get a letter or anything. So been told I have to work

Did they offer unpaid leave, or just say "work or else"?

07 Apr 2020, 10:42

sindba wrote:
fatboypaul wrote:Been told by doc to isolate for 12 weeks but can’t get a letter or anything. So been told I have to work

Not offered any alternative

07 Apr 2020, 10:44

fatboypaul wrote:
sindba wrote:

Not offered any alternative

I’m happy to use annual leave or go on ssp
Last edited by fatboypaul on 07 Apr 2020, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

07 Apr 2020, 10:55

PARCELHORSE wrote:Fully understanding. Lack the balls to have a go at senior managers in defence of their workforce.

The company have reinforced this stance.

In the managers briefing document posted on this site, there was a list of guidance for managers and then right at the very end of the document....managers are still subject to performance review.

Lots of other snide diktats in those briefings that accumulate to put posties at risk.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1