not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

TWO ROYAL MAIL WORKERS HAVE NOW DIED OF COVID-19

06 Apr 2020, 20:29

CWU confirm this so what are the union now doing ? writing to royal mail asking if we can have next Saturday off - what a joke !

06 Apr 2020, 20:51

Postman and women are dying delivering leaflets and non essential items there should be outrage amongst all posties and the public

06 Apr 2020, 21:04

mybackhurts wrote:Postman and women are dying delivering leaflets and non essential items there should be outrage amongst all posties and the public

they were not posties but at the hubs not that it matters its a disgrace

06 Apr 2020, 21:09

Then they are posties

That’s awful

06 Apr 2020, 21:17

Given the lack of social distancing, and protective measures in a lot Delivery Offices. I dread to think how bad a lot of the parcel hubs and mail centres are.

Covid-19 will run rampant, if we let it. I think now would be the time for mass walk outs, if safety measures aren't implemented.

RIP to the two colleagues that have lost their lives. Deeply sad.

06 Apr 2020, 21:21

Murdoch wrote:Given the lack of social distancing, and protective measures in a lot Delivery Offices. I dread to think how bad a lot of the parcel hubs and mail centres are.

Covid-19 will run rampant, if we let it. I think now would be the time for mass walk outs, if safety measures aren't implemented.

RIP to the two colleagues that have lost their lives. Deeply sad.

It's coming.

We've seen how it's ripped through Westminster / Parliament once it got in. And they've got a lot better conditions than us!

06 Apr 2020, 21:52

Do you have a link to this?

06 Apr 2020, 21:55

RTP wrote:Do you have a link to this?

It came out as CWU LTB 183/20 - COVID 19 - UPDATE

https://www.cwu.org/ltb/ltb-183-20-covid-19-update/

06 Apr 2020, 22:00

s**t. Thanks for the link and condolences to their familys.

06 Apr 2020, 23:46

There needs to be the utmost swift and severe response to this from the union!

07 Apr 2020, 08:16

Condolences.

I am not sure what is happening in other depots, but ours is following 2m distancing guidelines. If yours is not then people need to speak up or maybe even walk out.

Posties need to play their part too and not go and chat to their work mates. Go in, keep the distance, get on with the job.

Managers should be making the day easy as possible for you so you don't have to stand their arguing for 5 minutes about what to take out. They should ideally be making it so you definitely finish before your time. So you just go in and get on with your job without barely interacting with anyone else.

07 Apr 2020, 08:20

With the amount of people dying, it was always going to be the case that postmen would too. It doesn't mean their job made them any more likely to be victims. Condolences to their families.

07 Apr 2020, 08:28

norris9 wrote:Condolences.

I am not sure what is happening in other depots, but ours is following 2m distancing guidelines. If yours is not then people need to speak up or maybe even walk out.

Posties need to play their part too and not go and chat to their work mates. Go in, keep the distance, get on with the job.

Managers should be making the day easy as possible for you so you don't have to stand their arguing for 5 minutes about what to take out. They should ideally be making it so you definitely finish before your time. So you just go in and get on with your job without barely interacting with anyone else.

Is it really, truly possible to maintain 2 meters distance though? How wide are your alleys?

07 Apr 2020, 08:45

mjd24 wrote:

Is it really, truly possible to maintain 2 meters distance though? How wide are your alleys?

At all times, no. We are doing a thing where half the office starts early, the other half start a few hours later. So doing it this way there should be nobody around you..... but when you or they need to go off to get something.....then they are going to walk past you.

07 Apr 2020, 09:04

norris9 wrote:
mjd24 wrote:

At all times, no. We are doing a thing where half the office starts early, the other half start a few hours later. So doing it this way there should be nobody around you..... but when you or they need to go off to get something.....then they are going to walk past you.

The answer is no then.

07 Apr 2020, 10:00

For how our office has been since I started back work last Thursday I am actullay genuinely worried now.

07 Apr 2020, 10:06

Last edited by exetererica on 22 Apr 2020, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.

07 Apr 2020, 10:11

exetererica wrote:
LouBarlow wrote:With the amount of people dying, it was always going to be the case that postmen would too. It doesn't mean their job made them any more likely to be victims. Condolences to their families.

People who are following government advice and staying home won't die.

It is key workers who are at most risk.

And now the Govt stuff has mostly been delivered in our office at least iot's back to delivering 99% parcels, d2ds and junk.

07 Apr 2020, 11:32

LouBarlow wrote:It doesn't mean their job made them any more likely to be victims.

Sadly we won’t know for quite a while but I can describe some of the London mail centre’s working conditions which seem to tally with a lot of what is being posted about other mc’s, do’s and hubs:

A large percentage of 55-65 year old workers limping on to retirement with no “obvious” health conditions.

Dozens of Angard casuals who continuously change in personnel, are often desperate to work, and have no direct dialogue opportunity with RM to discuss whether they have been ill or have health needs.

Overtime junkies who work 13 hours a day who don’t really care about anything other than money

Managers, promoted above their intelligence, being briefed that their performance is still subject to review

All working side by side and on top of each other.

Half the employees travelling in on crowded public transport with other key workers who have been directly exposed to the disease.

I could go on...

07 Apr 2020, 11:49

nutcracker wrote:
LouBarlow wrote:It doesn't mean their job made them any more likely to be victims.

Sadly we won’t know for quite a while but I can describe some of the London mail centre’s working conditions which seem to tally with a lot of what is being posted about other mc’s, do’s and hubs:

A large percentage of 55-65 year old workers limping on to retirement with no “obvious” health conditions.

Dozens of Angard casuals who continuously change in personnel, are often desperate to work, and have no direct dialogue opportunity with RM to discuss whether they have been ill or have health needs.

Overtime junkies who work 13 hours a day who don’t really care about anything other than money

Managers, promoted above their intelligence, being briefed that their performance is still subject to review

All working side by side and on top of each other.

Half the employees travelling in on crowded public transport with other key workers who have been directly exposed to the disease.

I could go on...

well said ! yeah overtime junkies they disgust me making money from other peoples misery !

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2