not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Shared Van ok?

05 Apr 2020, 16:19

So we have 1 guy who uses hct on a walk of shops at beginning then works his way back to office picking bags up at residential addresses,he gets dropped off at beginning of his walk by van and this is still happening despite Royal Mail saying this shouldn’t happen, I complained to manager about this particularly as his frame is near mine and he could pass it to me,he just says it’s not possible for him to walk to start of delivery as it’s. 3 miles away! And it’s ok because it’s a 3 seated van and he is in the corner!The Manager himself took him up on Saturday as regular driver was off,he says it’s ok because it’s only 5 mins in van,we have no rep and I am concerned that people have a careless attitude towards virus and no one else in our office is worried about it! Is it still ok then for a short journey as I know some guys doing it away from office! Surely this manager is wrong and what can I do about it?

Shared Van ok?

05 Apr 2020, 16:23

It is not ok. No van sharing at all. We use three seater vans and are not allowed to carry a passenger. Less than 2 meters in the van with driver and passenger. Consult union rep if you have one.
Last edited by Cichlid on 05 Apr 2020, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

Shared Van ok?

05 Apr 2020, 16:24

How are others doing it with far away walks?

Shared Van ok?

05 Apr 2020, 16:28

matthew68 wrote:So we have 1 guy who uses hct on a walk of shops at beginning then works his way back to office picking bags up at residential addresses,he gets dropped off at beginning of his walk by van and this is still happening despite Royal Mail saying this shouldn’t happen, I complained to manager about this particularly as his frame is near mine and he could pass it to me,he just says it’s not possible for him to walk to start of delivery as it’s. 3 miles away! And it’s ok because it’s a 3 seated van and he is in the corner!The Manager himself took him up on Saturday as regular driver was off,he says it’s ok because it’s only 5 mins in van,we have no rep and I am concerned that people have a careless attitude towards virus and no one else in our office is worried about it! Is it still ok then for a short journey as I know some guys doing it away from office! Surely this manager is wrong and what can I do about it?

Our office is the same people flouting the rules and picking partners up around the corner !! Basically they dont care about their families and workmates - SELFISH TOSSERS

Shared Van ok?

05 Apr 2020, 16:39

POSTMAN wrote:How are others doing it with far away walks?

They drive there car to first loop then just use van as usual after that as some ot the loops start on a road with only 1 side populated then driver drops them off to at the end of walk.They actually admitted this to me and said they would not walk that far!

Shared Van ok?

05 Apr 2020, 16:41

CRIBMAD wrote:
matthew68 wrote:So we have 1 guy who uses hct on a walk of shops at beginning then works his way back to office picking bags up at residential addresses,he gets dropped off at beginning of his walk by van and this is still happening despite Royal Mail saying this shouldn’t happen, I complained to manager about this particularly as his frame is near mine and he could pass it to me,he just says it’s not possible for him to walk to start of delivery as it’s. 3 miles away! And it’s ok because it’s a 3 seated van and he is in the corner!The Manager himself took him up on Saturday as regular driver was off,he says it’s ok because it’s only 5 mins in van,we have no rep and I am concerned that people have a careless attitude towards virus and no one else in our office is worried about it! Is it still ok then for a short journey as I know some guys doing it away from office! Surely this manager is wrong and what can I do about it?

Our office is the same people flouting the rules and picking partners up around the corner !! Basically they dont care about their families and workmates - SELFISH TOSSERS

It’s disgraceful that some many people are just thinking of themselves, we need health and safety reps checking walks whilst people are delivering it should be a sacking offence

Shared Van ok?

05 Apr 2020, 16:41

matthew68 wrote:

They drive there car to first loop then just use van as usual after that as some ot the loops start on a road with only 1 side populated then driver drops them off to at the end of walk.They actually admitted this to me and said they would not walk that far!

Some are using buses and bikes...

Shared Van ok?

05 Apr 2020, 16:43

Cichlid wrote:It is not ok. No van sharing at all. We use three seater vans and are not allowed to carry a passenger. Less than 2 meters in the van with driver and passenger. Consult union rep if you have one.

No rep and no local rep has been in to sort it out properly, our manager has just put up signs for social distance and says no shared vans, but he still uses it to drop some guys at first delivery points!

Shared Van ok?

05 Apr 2020, 17:48

The only van sharing in my office is by couples already who live together

Shared Van ok?

05 Apr 2020, 17:53

matthew68 wrote:

Have they got business use on their car insurance?

Shared Van ok?

05 Apr 2020, 18:01

SpacePhoenix wrote:
matthew68 wrote:

Have they got business use on their car insurance?
not sure but Dom did hand out forms to fill in for use of car he did say no carrying Mail in car but you can use it to follow round the van but they still jump in van in some loops so it’s clearly not working properly and no doubt the damage has already been done just got to hope if we get the virus it’s not too bad, I feel management are a disgrace with there attitude could actually be causing the spread of Covid 19 and potentially killing someone. The company from the top have not done enough and have not taken this seriously enough.but it looks like the damage has been done and we will get many cases in the Royal Mail in the coming weeks.But it’s ok as long as the shareholders make there money it appears they couldn’t care less,it’s such a shame because it used to be a good business to work for but this period has shown them in a very bad light

Shared Van ok?

05 Apr 2020, 21:12

barcajr wrote:The only van sharing in my office is by couples already who live together

If I work with my partner/housemate can we share a van to our delivery point or for other business?
No, in line with ‘social distancing’ guidelines from Public Health, the business has moved to one person in a vehicle during work/shifts until further notice.

2nd post PDF in the Global Announcement...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94715

Shared Van ok?

06 Apr 2020, 16:00

barcajr wrote:The only van sharing in my office is by couples already who live together

WTF ??? That just doubles the chance of it being spread round the office doesn’t it? Who the F authorised that in Your office? :arrrghhh

Shared Van ok?

15 Apr 2020, 16:24

Have RM said point blank “no van sharing” or “if you want to share that up to you?”

I have spotted 2 crews swanning around side by side on delivery today :arrrghhh

Shared Van ok?

15 Apr 2020, 17:15

Royal Mail have said point blank - One person, one van.

Shared Van ok?

15 Apr 2020, 17:40

twoloops wrote:I have spotted 2 crews swanning around side by side on delivery today :arrrghhh

They probably think no one cares.
They probably think if they're pulled up they'll just deny it.
They're probably too stupid to realise their PDAs are van sharing with them.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1