not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Letter to show the 'authorities'

26 Mar 2020, 00:02

Anyone been given the letter to show the police/army that we are key workers and need to be out and about? I'm guessing this is the same thing like the 'permit' they are using in Italy and France.

26 Mar 2020, 00:10

Stormproof wrote:Anyone been given the letter to show the police/army that we are key workers and need to be out and about? I'm guessing this is the same thing like the 'permit' they are using in Italy and France.

Yes, but it is a letter rather than a permit. It confirms to anyone who reads it that postal workers have been classed as keyworkers, remember without your photo id security pass, it is merely a piece of paper.

26 Mar 2020, 00:11

Williaal2 wrote:
Stormproof wrote:Anyone been given the letter to show the police/army that we are key workers and need to be out and about? I'm guessing this is the same thing like the 'permit' they are using in Italy and France.

Yes, but it is a letter rather than a permit. It confirms to anyone who reads it that postal workers have been classed as keyworkers, remember without your photo id security pass, it is merely a piece of paper.

True.

26 Mar 2020, 00:24

We were given it today in case a school/nursery were to query us being key workers

26 Mar 2020, 08:51

It won't get you a time slot in a supermarket though.

26 Mar 2020, 09:40

tractorboy2 wrote:It won't get you a time slot in a supermarket though.

Exactly key workers but,not really.

26 Mar 2020, 10:50

Where has it been designated that we are 'key workers' anyway?
And I thought the designation of key workers was to allow the provision of education and childcare of that section of the community so the workers did not have to take time off work to look after their children.
I'm not aware that it was to enable companies to flaunt the rules on whether they should be closed or not.

26 Mar 2020, 11:05

ripio wrote:

Where has it been designated that we are 'key workers' anyway?
And I thought the designation of key workers was to allow the provision of education and childcare of that section of the community so the workers did not have to take time off work to look after their children.
I'm not aware that it was to enable companies to flaunt the rules on whether they should be closed or not.

Workers in the postal industry have been officially classed as key workers. Along with other delivery workers.

26 Mar 2020, 11:24

Letter here, you would have to get it filled out/signed by your........well one of them....you know.

Key workers letter 24 March.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

26 Mar 2020, 12:04

Yeah whilst they are reading we put non essential crap through the letterbox.

26 Mar 2020, 12:39

But the key worker list is for the provision of education and childcare
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -provision

And in Scotland the detailed definition of key workers has been devolved to local authorities with an initial list provided by the Scottish Government, and makes no mention of postal workers.
Screenshot_20200326-113440.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

26 Mar 2020, 12:59

Why is this being questioned, it's done, that is why you are still working, the letter say's it all.

26 Mar 2020, 13:24

ripio wrote:But the key worker list is for the provision of education and childcare
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -provision

And in Scotland the detailed definition of key workers has been devolved to local authorities with an initial list provided by the Scottish Government, and makes no mention of postal workers.
Screenshot_20200326-113440.png

And their definition appears to exclude all delivery workers, so they better all stay at home.

26 Mar 2020, 13:28

POSTMAN wrote:Why is this being questioned, it's done, that is why you are still working, the letter say's it all.

If I get a letter from the Government (both UK and Scottish) telling me my job is essential for the health and welfare of the nation, fair enough.
But a letter from Royal Mail doesn't cut it in times like these.
And I'm not still working, I'm on holiday, due to go back next week.

26 Mar 2020, 15:54

I didnt get any letter from Royal Mail saying that I’m ok to work. Do I still go to work or just wait for the letter? Im angard worker.

26 Mar 2020, 16:58

Sunsster198770 wrote:I didnt get any letter from Royal Mail saying that I’m ok to work. Do I still go to work or just wait for the letter? Im angard worker.

I don't think any of us have (officially) yet......we might get them by Christmas based on the performance of management in this crisis so far, but
on the other hand if it's needed for us to be able to deliver pointless D2D leaflet's they'll get them sent pretty quickly.......

26 Mar 2020, 17:36

POSTMAN wrote:Why is this being questioned, it's done, that is why you are still working, the letter say's it all.

Because you can't please All of the Posties... All of the Time. Whatever is done during this difficult situation never seems to be enough for some colleagues. :cuppa

26 Mar 2020, 17:38

Sunsster198770 wrote:I didnt get any letter from Royal Mail saying that I’m ok to work. Do I still go to work or just wait for the letter? Im angard worker.

When you're next in work, ask a manager.

26 Mar 2020, 17:45

If I get stopped riding my bike to work and they tell me I should not be out I will gladly go home bollo##s to them . :nana

26 Mar 2020, 18:08

Will this exempt us from any fines out of work hours? I have been staying at my girlfriends house 40 miles away for last 6 months but worried about getting stopped on the way home as its an hours drive? If not ill have to go back to my house which is near the office.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2