not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Fear for the future

25 Mar 2020, 23:21

I have to confess, once this has all blown over I think this will spell the end for us as we know it. Post will all but disapear entirely. Many companies have been basically forced to modernise overnight coz of this virus, virtual meetings ect. It'll mean virtually all going paperless. The post is what keeps this job desireable, the uso, our duties ect. Keeps it labour instensive too. Once it's gone, it'll spell the end for many of us I fear.

Fear for the future

25 Mar 2020, 23:25

Seymour Buts wrote:I have to confess, once this has all blown over I think this will spell the end for us as we know it. Post will all but disapear entirely. Many companies have been basically forced to modernise overnight coz of this virus, virtual meetings ect. It'll mean virtually all going paperless. The post is what keeps this job desireable, the uso, our duties ect. Keeps it labour instensive too. Once it's gone, it'll spell the end for many of us I fear.

There won't be much of a workforce left given the companies approach to this epidemic.

Fear for the future

26 Mar 2020, 07:49

I think there will be a rise in packets and parcels as more people buy online rather than in high streets.

Fear for the future

26 Mar 2020, 08:40

Who knows what will happen. Entire businesses will be wiped out but we don’t know what the government will do to stimulate the economy again. They might offer financial support to new businesses once we are through the worst of it, then suddenly parcels take off again.

One things for sure I think it stops us taking anything for granted. Hope every single one of us gets through this.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1