not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 21:11

Is anyone else stressing over all that is going on
When is Royal Mail going to equip us properly so we can do are job safely

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 21:13

If you dont feel safe at work then nicola told you what to do .

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 21:16

Pokemon49 wrote:Is anyone else stressing over all that is going on

According to cwu rm have bought 2 million pairs of gloves an 200k of sanitizers would like to know who has them.also have said d2ds will only be delivered if the house has mail for it. and only 1 person per van.

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 21:16

According to cwu rm have bought 2 million pairs of gloves an 200k of sanitizers would like to know who has them.also have said d2ds will only be delivered if the house has mail for it. and only 1 person per van.

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 21:23

aiden01 wrote:

We got ONE bottle of sanitiser for the office, nothing for out on delivery.

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 21:25

ssdd wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

We havnt got a single 1 for whole mc lucky to get hot water an soap ffs.

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 21:28

aiden01 wrote:
ssdd wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

Well, you've heard what the union says if you don't have the proper PPE....

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 21:33

ssdd wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
ssdd wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

Well, you've heard what the union says if you don't have the proper PPE....

Dont believe a word they say think they live in cuckoo land.

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 21:35

You know aswell as i know every office would be out if that was true.

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 21:40

aiden01 wrote:also have said d2ds will only be delivered if the house has mail for it.

That would be near enough every house then since I'm covering a pair of walks on alternate days with double mail rather than work with revolving spares as my regular partner is in the high risk group. It's a hell of a workload, and no door to doors instead of two loops every day would have been a big help. Yet again, cheers for that totally unhelpful gesture RM. Anyway, I will do whatever I can to avoid catching this horrid illness while intending to remain as useful to society as possible. The irony is that I'm working harder than normal but unable to earn the overtime I normally do - I bet my wages have dropped in total more than 20%, so I'm worse off financially,still working in this job than the hospitality staff who are off completely and home safe, on 80% of their wages courtesy of the government. *sigh*

A customer did give me a pair of gloves and a bottle of hand sanitiser, and thanked me for still coming out. Most people are being absolutely lovely out on delivery, but the atmosphere is the office is starting to boil over.
Last edited by nuisance on 25 Mar 2020, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 21:40

aiden01 wrote:

That's more than one sanitizer for each employee. Where's mine?

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 21:44

rambo1 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

Well i did say i would like to know who has them.

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 22:03

For goodness sake if we are not delivering essential products i.e.: food, medicines , we are not bothered about how many gloves or sanitiser they have made available. Ask the NHS staff who are on their knee's at the minute, in tears, ask them what they want us to do and not deliver rubbish or stuff that is non essential off the internet. People are dying why some people are trying to profit from this virus.

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 22:09

rambo1 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

no we haven't received any sanitizer either and we have run out of gloves today which we got on Monday , and the joke of the d2ds and there cunting plan , take them to houses where they have mail , so can they explain when your frame has 800 calls and is nearly all double slots how you would do this ? , the company are a joke to be honest and if it wasn't because of the CWU pushing for stuff etc and they are showing how piss poor the company is in dealing with anything.

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 22:14

Yes, very stressed and worried. The two metre rule is more like 20cm, we are still shoulder to shoulder, back to back. Nothing has changed.

Nobody is washing their hands - and I mean nobody. Everyone touching their faces, pens in mouths, PDAs passed around. It is truly frightening.

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 22:20

exetererica wrote:

Yes, very stressed and worried. The two metre rule is more like 20cm, we are still shoulder to shoulder, back to back. Nothing has changed.

Nobody is washing their hands - and I mean nobody. Everyone touching their faces, pens in mouths, PDAs passed around. It is truly frightening.

Get out then. Take note of what's happening.We all have the right to a safe work place and you haven't got one,

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 22:37

That's it. Im out. I will give them tomorrow where I will tell the DOM I will be taking 3 weeks annual leave and see where we are from there. If the situation is still f****d then I will UNHAPPILY take unpaid leave until the situation improves.

My reasons will be that my wife is in the vulnerable bracket with a number of conditions as well as being pregnant. I feel that RM are unwilling and unable to protect our wellbeing and il be damned if I go home and make my wife sick for some f***ing Dominoes leaflets and Screwfix catalogues. RM should be ashamed of themselves and god help Rico if I ever bump into him.

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 22:43

Ren Hoëk wrote:That's it. Im out. I will give them tomorrow where I will tell the DOM I will be taking 3 weeks annual leave and see where we are from there. If the situation is still f****d then I will UNHAPPILY take unpaid leave until the situation improves.

My reasons will be that my wife is in the vulnerable bracket with a number of conditions as well as being pregnant. I feel that RM are unwilling and unable to protect our wellbeing and il be damned if I go home and make my wife sick for some f***ing Dominoes leaflets and Screwfix catalogues. RM should be ashamed of themselves and god help Rico if I ever bump into him.

You do right, I think you’ll be the first of many. All it will take is a few offices to walk then others across the nation will follow. Stay safe

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 22:46

Ren Hoëk wrote:That's it. Im out. I will give them tomorrow where I will tell the DOM I will be taking 3 weeks annual leave and see where we are from there. If the situation is still f****d then I will UNHAPPILY take unpaid leave until the situation improves.

Can we take leave the,even if all slots are filled?

Stressing out

25 Mar 2020, 22:47

It's s**t Ren. I feel for you mate. I would be tempted to do likewise in your circumstances. I'm afraid RM as well as the government are well behind the curve in their response to this crisis. All the best to you, the wife and the little one yet to come.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2