not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 20:44

FacesOfStone wrote:Exactly. I think what makes the lack of central communication on the matter worse is that they'll know that there will be a massive discrepancy in how managers will handle it. As things stand, workers in some offices will be treated in an even-handed and compassionate way, whereas many others will just be hoping that working through it doesn’t lead to pneumonia, hospitalisation and dismissal.

Yepp, and what underpins the silence. Is the fact the management thinks if they say self-isolation doesn't count towards stages. Then posties will just take the piss and all go off on the sick.

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 20:50

Rm silence means they secretly hope for the virus to go away, they just hide their heads in the sand :arrrghhh

We have the potential to spread the virus everywhere and still Rm doesn`t take it seriously and does nothing, this is inaceptable !

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 20:59

Murdoch wrote:
FacesOfStone wrote:Exactly. I think what makes the lack of central communication on the matter worse is that they'll know that there will be a massive discrepancy in how managers will handle it. As things stand, workers in some offices will be treated in an even-handed and compassionate way, whereas many others will just be hoping that working through it doesn’t lead to pneumonia, hospitalisation and dismissal.

Yepp, and what underpins the silence. Is the fact the management thinks if they say self-isolation doesn't count towards stages. Then posties will just take the piss and all go off on the sick.
you
come to work with covid 19 some have other health conditions your not just putting there health at risk you could be putting there lives at risk also if you have got it so will most you work with so you will be on the sick anyhow god help us all if this is the attitude towards this virus within rm :arrrghhh

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 21:02

FacesOfStone wrote:
viking1488 wrote:
you
come to work with covid 19 some have other health conditions your not just putting there health at risk you could be putting there lives at risk also if you have got it so will most you work with so you will be on the sick anyhow god help us all if this is the attitude towards this virus within rm :arrrghhh

Again, managers who tell people they’ll be issued with stage 3s will know that. It’s not the fault of the worker who has been told they face losing their job if they don’t turn up and put themselves, their colleagues and customers at risk.

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 21:11

viking1488 wrote:you come to work with covid 19 some have other health conditions your not just putting there health at risk you could be putting there lives at risk also if you have got it so will most you work with so you will be on the sick anyhow god help us all if this is the attitude towards this virus within rm :arrrghhh

Attendance policies directly effect worker's behaviours. lets take an extreme example. People that have zero hour contracts, and no sick pay entitlement beyond SSP, but have children to feed and rent to pay, aren't going to take time off work if they have the sniffles, which may or may not be Covid-19 (they're unlikely to be tested unless they symptoms are severe). That is unless their employer specifically has a policy on it, for example full pay for the 7 days of self-isolation (which many employers are doing already).

So don't sit there putting this all on the individual to make the tough decision whether to take time off work, for what could just be a cold.

The government too, are being far too complacent on this matter. If you want people to self-isolate to protect the vunerable, protect the workers from disciplinary action for doing so.

On the plus, the latest RMTV has at least relaxed the PDA signing rules, to lessen contact with the public.

Coronavirus?

15 Mar 2020, 12:25

Update from my DO regarding RM stance towards Coronavirus

There are on average across our 6 postcodes/sections at least one worker with flu/common cold/coronavirus symptons.

They have been told that they are welcome into work, embrassed even, and section managers are not sending them home, but instead are telling them that they can talk to an inhouse health advisor - not there especially, I think someone who is designated and paid extra to be trained in first aid etc, and there all year round.

They are NOT telling workers to go home and self isolate as the government advises.

They are knowingly allowing workers with possible signs of coronavirus (might turn out to be flu/cold, but may also be coronavirus) to go back to their sections and possibly infect co workers and customers with whatever virus they actually have.

Our Union rep is taking no steps to stand up for these people or the other workers they mat infect.

The official line from RM is that they will get sick pay if the self isolate but will get a stage on their return - unless they can prove they had coronavirus.

If the illness turns out to be flu/cold then they will get staged. They will also get staged if they cannot prove they had coronavirus, even though gps don't do testing now, let alone allow anyone with as much as a trickley nose near their practices. They are saying call 111 and get proof that way but workers are saying that they cant prove a phone call and that calling 111 is not a shortcut to a test as 111 are saying self isolate!

So if you get symptoms and self isolate, and it turns out not to be coronavirus, you get punished anyway! Not condusive to allowing workers to act responsibly.
I

so the upshot of it all is workers who may be infected but on a stage, be it on a 1 or 2, are still comimg into work, and infecting co workers with whatever virus they do have. This leads to the possibility that they infect a co worker, who then goes home and infects their family members, who can infect others and so on. My co worker turned up looking like sh*t, temperature, coughing, feeling poorly etc but said they had no choice but to turn up as they were on a stage 1 already, which end in a few weeks, and so had no choice - YES they did, its called personal responsibility!

The manager just shrugged their shoulders and laughed.

I had to share a van with this person and our walk.

The current actions and policy by RM on corona virus is disgusting and far removed from government policy and the wider community interests. They are punishing people with stages for being honest and following government guidelines. DOMS and section managers are turning a blind eye to possibly infected workers. They don't care. My union rep is also allowing this to happen.

What a fuc*ing joke!

p.s we have no antiseptic wipes, no hand sanitiser, no gloves, absolutely nothing, and never have. Just get the mail out! Me suspects the managers are keeping any they may have, if indeed they ever had any, for themselves, prob in a locker in their cosy office.

Coronavirus?

15 Mar 2020, 12:38

sardonicus wrote:Update from my DO regarding RM stance towards Coronavirus

There are on average across our 6 postcodes/sections at least one worker with flu/common cold/coronavirus symptons.

They have been told that they are welcome into work, embrassed even, and section managers are not sending them home, but instead are telling them that they can talk to an inhouse health advisor - not there especially, I think someone who is designated and paid extra to be trained in first aid etc, and there all year round.

They are NOT telling workers to go home and self isolate as the government advises.

They are knowingly allowing workers with possible signs of coronavirus (might turn out to be flu/cold, but may also be coronavirus) to go back to their sections and possibly infect co workers and customers with whatever virus they actually have.

Our Union rep is taking no steps to stand up for these people or the other workers they mat infect.

The official line from RM is that they will get sick pay if the self isolate but will get a stage on their return - unless they can prove they had coronavirus.

If the illness turns out to be flu/cold then they will get staged. They will also get staged if they cannot prove they had coronavirus, even though gps don't do testing now, let alone allow anyone with as much as a trickley nose near their practices. They are saying call 111 and get proof that way but workers are saying that they cant prove a phone call and that calling 111 is not a shortcut to a test as 111 are saying self isolate!

So if you get symptoms and self isolate, and it turns out not to be coronavirus, you get punished anyway! Not condusive to allowing workers to act responsibly.
I

so the upshot of it all is workers who may be infected but on a stage, be it on a 1 or 2, are still comimg into work, and infecting co workers with whatever virus they do have. This leads to the possibility that they infect a co worker, who then goes home and infects their family members, who can infect others and so on. My co worker turned up looking like sh*t, temperature, coughing, feeling poorly etc but said they had no choice but to turn up as they were on a stage 1 already, which end in a few weeks, and so had no choice - YES they did, its called personal responsibility!

The current actions and policy by RM on corona virus is disgusting and far removed from government policy and the wider community interests. They are punishing people with stages for being honest and following government guidelines. DOMS and section managers are turning a blind eye to possibly infected workers. They don't care. My union rep is also allowing this to happen.

What a fuc*ing joke!

p.s we have no antiseptic wipes, no hand sanitiser, no gloves, absolutely nothing, and never have. Just get the mail out! Me suspects the managers are keeping any they may have, if indeed they ever had any, for themselves, prob in a locker in their cosy office.

Maybe a little leak to the press is needed..

Coronavirus?

15 Mar 2020, 12:55

How can you prove it was Corona virus, unless you are tested. They as yet are not testing everyone, as there are far to many people showing symptoms? You would think that should you trigger a stage warning, then this should be disregarded.

Coronavirus?

15 Mar 2020, 12:59

2yearpostie wrote:

I

What a fuc*ing joke!

i agree this needs leaking to the press rm are showing there true colors and how they really think about the workforce

Coronavirus?

15 Mar 2020, 13:06

viking1488 wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

I

What a fuc*ing joke!

i agree this needs leaking to the press rm are showing there true colors and how they really think about the workforce

And beyond that, what of the public? Can’t blame a worker with bills to pay and a house to keep over their family's head for coming in if the alternative is possible dismissal, can you? Yet what if such people, essentially forced to work, have to deliver to, say, sheltered housing or an old people's home?

Coronavirus?

15 Mar 2020, 13:26

Well I'm on a stage 2 and just been told too self isolate. So will let you k now what happens. If they issue me a stage 3 I will fight it all the way.

Coronavirus?

15 Mar 2020, 13:35

CPTNemoUK wrote:Well I'm on a stage 2 and just been told too self isolate. So will let you k now what happens. If they issue me a stage 3 I will fight it all the way.

Use your time in isolation to write a letter to your MP about RM's stance. Don't worry about it too much. When it comes down to it even the ar!!!!!es in RM management won't dismiss someone for refusing to potentially kill a number of colleagues and customers.

Coronavirus?

15 Mar 2020, 13:50

Schiff wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:Well I'm on a stage 2 and just been told too self isolate. So will let you k now what happens. If they issue me a stage 3 I will fight it all the way.

Use your time in isolation to write a letter to your MP about RM's stance. Don't worry about it too much. When it comes down to it even the ar!!!!!es in RM management won't dismiss someone for refusing to potentially kill a number of colleagues and customers.

I'm expecting fun and games. Already spoke to union rep and he said it shouldn't count towards my sick. But said hes ready for a fight and will let the area rep know on monday . I've also got work colleges who will back my up because some have vulnerable relatives at home. So got my troops ready for a war before I've even called work up too tell them :left:

Coronavirus?

15 Mar 2020, 14:18

Well they sent people home in office,one guy complained to management and they sent his walk partner home.Althrough theres other staff sneezing, coughing etc.Our union rep is useless he dont even speak in meetins his sub does.So wots the rule, we can be Sent home if somebidy runs to management does that mean u cant go on stage as they have been Sent home.Wait to two to three weeks i think we will all b off.If some kind of clarity is not done monday i think u should all speak to your MP.

Coronavirus?

15 Mar 2020, 16:48

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-04/can ... ronavirus/

Coronavirus?

15 Mar 2020, 17:58

Yes read wot govermenthas saud.Nobody has mentioned about displinary or stages.

Coronavirus?

15 Mar 2020, 18:09

borders wrote:https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-04/can-i-claim-sick-pay-if-i-am-off-work-because-of-coronavirus/

This primarily relates to statutory sick pay (SSP)

Royal Mail sick pay terms are actually very good, far beyond what you'd get if it were just SSP. Royal Mail have also extended that to people working here under a year, so nobody that's permanently employed by Royal Mail will need to worry about only getting SSP if they have to self-isolate, they will get full pay as normal. They have also made that crystal clear by stating that if you are advised by the NHS to self-isolate you will be paid.

However, what has not been estalished, is how this applies to the usual stages part of the attendance policy. Some people have stated that managers are saying they need proof you've been off with coronavirus (then it won't be counted towards a stage), but the NHS has stopped testing people in the wider community, and are only testing people that are hospitalised. So it's going to be nigh on impossible to establish whether you have coronavirus, or some other respiritory illness like the common cold.

So people are obviously worried about falling foul of the attendance policy. Especially those already on a stage 1 or 2.

Coronavirus?

19 Mar 2020, 19:24

dom told one of the lads today that royal mail are having meets on how to proceed, rumor has it that they on about tell any high risk people folk with asthma etc etc that they should stay home for the forseeable on full pay, they also going to be very flexible letting folk take their full six week hols in one go or work couple of days on couple off. just what he said says that they will let everyone know at the weekend or early next week

Coronavirus?

19 Mar 2020, 19:31

Harv12 wrote: rumour has it that they on about tell any high risk people folk with asthma etc etc that they should stay home for the forseeable on full pay,

Full pay for a significant portion of the workforce isn't a living wage.

Coronavirus?

19 Mar 2020, 21:04

clashcityrocker wrote:
Harv12 wrote: rumour has it that they on about tell any high risk people folk with asthma etc etc that they should stay home for the forseeable on full pay,

Full pay for a significant portion of the workforce isn't a living wage.

What has got into you? You seem openly combative lately. If RM were to allow people to stay off on full pay then we should bite their hands off. Very generous compared to the situation other people are finding themselves in.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3