not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Edited title : Strike action? .

09 Oct 2020, 16:41

POSTMAN EDIT: Have taken the post (Changed the post author to me) over as it was originally edited by the post starter and is a good running thread and too good to delete.
Last edited by TheTrolleyMan on 10 Oct 2020, 05:40, edited 1 time in total.

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 16:56

it wouldnt surprise me , as they are just bypassing the cwu and doing what they want now anyway with no fight back , so they must be laughing there tits off , where f****d imo.

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 16:59

The union are done no power in my opinion there will never be another strike.i saved up extra cash for the last two I'm not bothering this time.

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 17:10

They'd not get a strike pasted the courts during Covid anyway.

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 17:16

postieblueshirt wrote:The union are done no power in my opinion there will never be another strike.i saved up extra cash for the last two I'm not bothering this time.

to right and thats my opinion as well , the last straw for me is the company just throwing in van share and still no fight back , and then they take the piss by just telling members not to do it, subs well spent then :crazy:

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 17:23

noggin1969 wrote:They'd not get a strike pasted the courts during Covid anyway.

so if that was or is the case then , could they not ballot for a work to rule ? i dont think that would get anywhere near a court.

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 17:33

Why is everyone on here so determined to have a strike? You have a job, it might not be as good as it once was, but you have an income, im sure a lot of people would be grateful of that right now.

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 19:09

2yearpostie wrote:Why is everyone on here so determined to have a strike?

There isn't a single comment calling for a strike.
You're doing that making s**t up thing again.

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 19:13

Woody Guthrie wrote:

Other than the thread title "Strike" and the first comment asking whether the "CWU are deliberately stalling on a strike vote".

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 19:15

Woody Guthrie wrote:

The very first post is

TheTrolleyMan wrote:Are the CWU deliberately stalling on another strike vote to help Royal Fail get through Xmas ?

If that isnt calling for a strike mandate i dont know what is. ( or maybe i made it up....)

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 19:21

It's a question.
Do we really need to go off topic to do basic English comprehension lessons.

Are the CWU deliberately stalling on another strike vote to help Royal Fail get through Xmas ?

What if the OP wanted the union to stall, what if he didn't want a strike?
Wouldn't the question look exactly the same?

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 19:25

worktotime wrote:

so if that was or is the case then , could they not ballot for a work to rule ? i dont think that would get anywhere near a court.

Can't see that getting past a court either. Don't forget you've got things like covid test kits, etc going through the system, any work to rule would potentially affect that stuff

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 19:45

worktotime wrote:

It’s voluntary, your not being forced to do anything.

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 22:15

Working to rule is an individual's choice the union cant encourage or condone working to rule it has to be done unofficially so to speak.

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 22:34

Do you really think that in the middle of world wide pandemic where Royal Mail are delivering Covid Test kits , PPE , medical supplies and where the government have introduced emergency legislation that there is any chance whatsoever that we would legally be able to be balloted let alone take action ! Get real. If the reason Royal Mail got an injunction in 2019 was on the basis of the general election the pandemic dwarfs that.

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 22:47

So why ballot in March Martin when it was already obvious covid19 was going to be a game changer?
Don't you think that was a waste of time and money?

The fact is this dispute has rumbled on since before the agreement in 2018 precisely because the agreement itself was unsatisfactory for both parties, too complex, too many strings and hoops to jump through and too much wiggle room for the employer.

Going by Royal Mail's behaviour it is looking increasingly unlikely that an agreement is achievable but even if one is how can the union convince members that it will be adhered to?

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 22:59

Woody we never balloted in March we announced the ballot result on St Patrick’s day in March but the ballot timetable was announced in January a time before anyone in the UK realised the impact of COVID.

The reality is that talks are extremely difficult , what the company wants and what we are willing to agree is currently some distance away.

The company wants massive reductions in costs including 5 hour delivery spans , standardising attendance patterns , everyone working above 100 BSi and reductions in sick pay to name just a few demands. For that they are willing to give an unacceptable pay offer based on us accepting all the strings.

So this is not an easy negotiation and there is real pressure for Royal Mail as a result of their future financial position.

If it was easy we would have done the pay deal but nothing is easy in the post COVID world as sadly many employees are finding out through job losses and reductions in terms and conditions.

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 23:08

Martin Walsh wrote:Woody we never balloted in March we announced the ballot result on St Patrick’s day in March but the ballot timetable was announced in January a time before anyone in the UK realised the impact of COVID.

The reality is that talks are extremely difficult , what the company wants and what we are willing to agree is currently some distance away.

The company wants massive reductions in costs including 5 hour delivery spans , standardising attendance patterns , everyone working above 100 BSi and reductions in sick pay to name just a few demands. For that they are willing to give an unacceptable pay offer based on us accepting all the strings.

So this is not an easy negotiation and there is real pressure for Royal Mail as a result of their future financial position.

If it was easy we would have done the pay deal but nothing is easy in the post COVID world as sadly many employees are finding out through job losses and reductions in terms and conditions.

what is BSi?

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 23:12

The company wants massive reductions in costs including 5 hour delivery spans , standardising attendance patterns , everyone working above 100 BSi

To be fair Martin most of the country are already working under those conditions.

STRIKE

09 Oct 2020, 23:28

Acca Dacca wrote:
what is BSi?

It is a measure of productivity.
I didn't think you could go over 100. Not in the real world,

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3