not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Has the ballot result quietly expired?

22 Sep 2020, 19:08

The ballot closed on 17th March 2020, as far as I can see, the ballot is valid for 6 months. Up until 17th September 2020, which has passed...

The ballot can be extended up to 9 months if the Union and Employer agree to it, but I haven't heard anything about this?

22 Sep 2020, 19:16

NorthernPostman wrote:The ballot closed on 17th March 2020, as far as I can see, the ballot is valid for 6 months. Up until 17th September 2020, which has passed...

The ballot can be extended up to 9 months if the Union and Employer agree to it, but I haven't heard anything about this?

Very True !!

22 Sep 2020, 19:26

Terry admitted on Friday that the ballot had lapsed.

22 Sep 2020, 19:38

It’s a bit of a coincidence that negotiations between Royal Mail and the union have hit some stumbling blocks in the last couple of weeks isn’t it. Almost as if it was planned that way....

22 Sep 2020, 19:48

i think its time for a re ballot asap . and put a stop to the company taking the piss , :evil/mad

22 Sep 2020, 20:00

worktotime wrote:i think its time for a re ballot asap . and put a stop to the company taking the piss , :evil/mad

I'm hoping the business introduce a wage rise by executive action.

22 Sep 2020, 23:28

clashcityrocker wrote:
worktotime wrote:i think its time for a re ballot asap . and put a stop to the company taking the piss , :evil/mad

I'm hoping the business introduce a wage rise by executive action.

Well they generally do for themselves.

23 Sep 2020, 07:51

Woody Guthrie wrote:the ballot had lapsed.

RM will want it lapsing all the way through Xmas now as well.

23 Sep 2020, 16:53

Reps do not seem to be worth a light , after having a heart attack and stroke, i was back at work for 2 weeks before the union decided i neede 140 more calls on my walk , since then i have been harassed about completing , took the grievance option but was told by area rep that he would chat to management 1st , .....not a bean have i heard ...thanks union..il remember this when you want me again to get up and stand on the picket line in the rain .

24 Sep 2020, 10:20

If they need to have a bargaining power for Xmas, etc., now is the time to re ballot..

24 Sep 2020, 17:17

Woody Guthrie wrote:Terry admitted on Friday that the ballot had lapsed.

And din't he also say there would be no re-ballot?

25 Sep 2020, 08:33

What a set of plonka's letting the ballot lapse :crazy: now who didn't see that happening?

25 Sep 2020, 08:36

Sugar wrote:What a set of plonka's letting the ballot lapse :crazy: now who didn't see that happening?

The law was changed a couple of years ago , the union needs to re ballot every 6 months

25 Sep 2020, 09:00

P13 wrote:
Sugar wrote:What a set of plonka's letting the ballot lapse :crazy: now who didn't see that happening?

The law was changed a couple of years ago , the union needs to re ballot every 6 months

And the union should have had a contingency plan to either re-ballot or get rm to agree to another extension. It's quite clear rm have done like the always do and timed it out. The union never learn, the members saw that move coming months ago.

25 Sep 2020, 20:29

And now it has lapsed the talks have run into the sand. Stalled on pay , RM want a 3 yr deal that's less % than the managers got and more strings than the violin section of an orchestra

25 Sep 2020, 21:07

noggin1969 wrote:And now it has lapsed the talks have run into the sand. Stalled on pay , RM want a 3 yr deal that's less % than the managers got and more strings than the violin section of an orchestra

Pay wasn’t part of the dispute. No doubt it will be part of the next one though.

25 Sep 2020, 22:04

noggin1969 wrote:And now it has lapsed the talks have run into the sand. Stalled on pay , RM want a 3 yr deal that's less % than the managers got and more strings than the violin section of an orchestra

The problem is the managers deal was a two year deal the second year of which has just been paid. I suspect if it was negotiated now it would have been nowhere near the same. A lot has changed in six months. Wasn’t there a pay deal offered before CV19 that the CWU didn’t feel was appropriate to give members the vote?

If the business refused to honour a pay deal that had already been agreed that would have been the beginning of the end for every future agreement.

26 Sep 2020, 21:07

What the hell re-ballot, bunch of buffoons the lot of them,the local reps have been treated like dumbo's by the guys up top i reckon there should be a national walk out a vote of no confidence against union headquarters and Royal Mail ,what they going to do sack 120000 workers ,we hold all the cards are we going to deal them or just fold.

26 Sep 2020, 22:01

Terry also said he wouldn't urge a reballot now given COVID and everything, as it would be a public image disaster.

So basically, unless something drastic happens and COVID goes away, that's it.

27 Sep 2020, 00:05

We need a consistent response on the eradication of our terms and conditions not a mealy mouth response on Facebook this is not a media campaign for a seat in the house of commons but a fight for our terms conditions. The right not to be bullied at work not to be subjected to endless lapsing/absorbsion and how we deal with the future of us all!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2