not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

LTB 459/20 – JOINT STATEMENT – PAY AND SHORTER WORKING WEEK

22 Sep 2020, 08:05

heapsy wrote:So to cap it all, negotiations seem to be back to square one. Long, hard winter anyone? :cuppa

Yeah
After a year of "intense" negotiations. RM put forward offer, Union say we are open to some of it, but what about previous agreement.And that's it. Am I missing something. Sounds like complete farce.

22 Sep 2020, 12:32

Newbie001 wrote:
heapsy wrote:So to cap it all, negotiations seem to be back to square one. Long, hard winter anyone? :cuppa

Yeah
After a year of "intense" negotiations. RM put forward offer, Union say we are open to some of it, but what about previous agreement.And that's it. Am I missing something. Sounds like complete farce.

Actually in a worse position because we no longer have the threat of a live ballot.

LTB 459/20 - JOINT STATEMENT - PAY AND SHORTER WORKING WEEK

22 Sep 2020, 14:00

When are the next ballot papers sent out?

22 Sep 2020, 19:59

Been told by a lino this morning that base 6 frames will be in shortly in our office and the packet bag drop frames being replaced by/with a smaller type hooded york..packets/parcels for the base 6 frames will be thrown into these yorks then wheeled round to them.. Also it seems with the extra space created that at least 2-3 smaller outlying offices will be moved in..All apparently with the unions agreement ! WTF is going on ?

22 Sep 2020, 22:17

Okay, I realise there is a lot to get through and am a fairly patient person, but ffs.

We have worked right through this pandemic. At the very least we where due a pay rise in April. It is close to October now and us key workers haven't had so much as a pay rise. Is this how much we are really valued and and is this the best our union can do to negotiate one. It's pathetic.

22 Sep 2020, 23:07

claystones wrote:what is warm calling

So any you don't do Tue-Fri You Cold call on Saturday anyone anyone any takers.

23 Sep 2020, 09:55

meako wrote:Been told by a lino this morning that base 6 frames will be in shortly in our office and the packet bag drop frames being replaced by/with a smaller type hooded york..packets/parcels for the base 6 frames will be thrown into these yorks then wheeled round to them.. Also it seems with the extra space created that at least 2-3 smaller outlying offices will be moved in..All apparently with the unions agreement ! WTF is going on ?

Relocating SPDO,s ?

23 Sep 2020, 16:13

After reading that its clear nothing has changed and rm are still pushing ahead with their pre covid rico black agenda. A 35 hour week looks like a no go especially if they are now adding parcel collections to deliveries and also the additional post-box collections they are wanting to hive off of collections. And that wonderful idea of a two bundle system has obviously come about by somehow coming to the conclusion using pie charts, flow charts and runes to show you are all hanging around waiting for the second wave of mail to turn up in the office so you can better utilise that time by bundling up whilst you wait for the 2nd wave and just add it in when out of delivery. That'll save (in their minds) oodles of indoor time so you'll have more time out on delivery to do more, complete and not book any overtime. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Collections are going to get a hammering and thinned right down. Time will tell if they go after Parcelforce in the near future and deliveries are just going to get longer and longer by doing everything from delivering mail, to collections along with some care in the community work all within a 6 hour delivery. Probably won't see a pay rise this side of Christmas.

And its all your own faults because you wouldn't let them modernise the clocking in system :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

23 Sep 2020, 19:27

I must admit I'm getting to feel about as interested in this on-going saga as I am about the continuing Covid Cock Up! FFS just give us a payrise and start building some of that Trust again! :cuppa

23 Sep 2020, 21:51

Sugar wrote:After reading that its clear nothing has changed and rm are still pushing ahead with their pre covid rico black agenda. A 35 hour week looks like a no go especially if they are now adding parcel collections to deliveries and also the additional post-box collections they are wanting to hive off of collections. And that wonderful idea of a two bundle system has obviously come about by somehow coming to the conclusion using pie charts, flow charts and runes to show you are all hanging around waiting for the second wave of mail to turn up in the office so you can better utilise that time by bundling up whilst you wait for the 2nd wave and just add it in when out of delivery. That'll save (in their minds) oodles of indoor time so you'll have more time out on delivery to do more, complete and not book any overtime. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Collections are going to get a hammering and thinned right down. Time will tell if they go after Parcelforce in the near future and deliveries are just going to get longer and longer by doing everything from delivering mail, to collections along with some care in the community work all within a 6 hour delivery. Probably won't see a pay rise this side of Christmas.

And its all your own faults because you wouldn't let them modernise the clocking in system :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

What do you mean by time will tell if they go after Parcelforce?

23 Sep 2020, 22:03

Please can someone explain 2 bundle trial....Thanks

24 Sep 2020, 08:42

iainwilson wrote:What do you mean by time will tell if they go after Parcelforce?

Consolidating as many functions as possible into a single delivery operation.

24 Sep 2020, 08:46

Thailand1 wrote:Please can someone explain 2 bundle trial....Thanks

You have one bundle made up of mail that you sorted into your frame and a second bundle that came into the office later which is walk sorted but you didn't prep into the frame. You then place those 2 bundles back to back whilst you're out on delivery and flick between front and back for the mail to each delivery point.

24 Sep 2020, 18:44

How is a 2 bundle method ever going to work when many if not most deliveries will have streets that are bundled back to back, i.e. 2,4,6,8 etc on side and 1,3,5,7 etc the other side of the bundle. How can you then have an additional walk sorted bundle alongside that. Not thought through at all but then that's no big surprise.

24 Sep 2020, 19:10

chocolatesaltyballs wrote: when many if not most deliveries will have streets that are bundled back to back, .

Many? Most?
In 20+ years and having worked in 7 delivery offices I have never seen a duty tied up like that.

24 Sep 2020, 19:15

clashcityrocker wrote:
chocolatesaltyballs wrote: when many if not most deliveries will have streets that are bundled back to back, .

Many? Most?
In 20+ years and having worked in 7 delivery offices I have never seen a duty tied up like that.

We used to tie up like that 30 years ago before we had rm 2000 frames

24 Sep 2020, 19:49

Sugar wrote:
Thailand1 wrote:Please can someone explain 2 bundle trial....Thanks

You have one bundle made up of mail that you sorted into your frame and a second bundle that came into the office later which is walk sorted but you didn't prep into the frame. You then place those 2 bundles back to back whilst you're out on delivery and flick between front and back for the mail to each delivery point.

What about the 3rd bundle with your manual in?

24 Sep 2020, 20:16

clashcityrocker wrote:

Many? Most?

I assumed most were like this, pretty much every delivery I've prepped has the mail prepped into the frame this way in certain streets ( odds evens on opposite sides) for ease of prep and the mail is then bundled back to back and delivered criss crossing the street as you go. Every day's a school day.

24 Sep 2020, 20:31

How could you use a trolley with the back to back method? That nonsense was supposed to be planned out of duties 10 years ago.
Dark ages stuff.

24 Sep 2020, 20:36

Woody Guthrie wrote:How could you use a trolley with the back to back method? That nonsense was supposed to be planned out of duties 10 years ago.
Dark ages stuff.

I know it's not supposed to happen but old habits die hard in my office. It's a pain if you're not fimiliar with a duty like this and bundle up as per frame and you get to 32 High St and look at the next letter and it's for 1 High St back at the start of the street.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4