not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

It's not us it's them Dave Ward

13 Sep 2020, 16:59

panzer4 wrote:... after all WE pay their wages

The word exorbitant is missing from that sentence.

13 Sep 2020, 18:49

panzer4 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:.........and that's why I'm not giving my money to the cwu. Why the hell should royal mail pay us to look after old folk. They are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Good idea perhaps if enough of us cancel our union subs until they come down from cloud cuckoo land and start doing the job they are meant to be doing after all WE pay their wages

All those postman who are anti union why don’t you join Amazon or dpd all any other courier company and see how bad they are treated some people don’t live in real world

13 Sep 2020, 19:50

postieblueshirt wrote:
Sugar wrote:More flannel from the union trying to win the hearts and minds of a general public that by and large are only interested in how long it's going to take to get their latest online purchase delivered. And out of touch union officials harking back to a time when we all did have a bit more slack in the day to take time out to chat with customers and there was a more relaxed approach to the job.

The days when you had just 1 bag of parcels, no more than 3 D2D's and if really unlucky a special or three and the last one was right at the end of the delivery...lol
yes those were the days now on a Tuesday between a pairing 10 specials is a good day.

I'm arounf 2 or 3 hours per week over as things stand at the moment.I just just dont see where the Union are coming from with this extra work?Mybe they know somthing we dont.Plus as much as i care about the people on my round i really dont need it as part of my job.With 3 children ,wife, mortgage and general trying to make ends meet i dont need the extra stress.

13 Sep 2020, 20:00

Kevin.r.smith wrote:
panzer4 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:.........and that's why I'm not giving my money to the cwu. Why the hell should royal mail pay us to look after old folk. They are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Good idea perhaps if enough of us cancel our union subs until they come down from cloud cuckoo land and start doing the job they are meant to be doing after all WE pay their wages

All those postman who are anti union why don’t you join Amazon or dpd all any other courier company and see how bad they are treated some people don’t live in real world

Having been a union member for 36 years I’m definitely not anti union but I do think the team at the top of the union are out of touch with the reality of the job now and a boot up the arse would do some good

13 Sep 2020, 20:04

With 3 children ,wife, mortgage and general trying to make ends meet i dont need the extra stress.

It's a fair point and one that hasn't been addressed, nobody becomes a postie thinking they're going to be acting out a social care role and to be honest some of my colleagues are entirely unsuitable for the role. Some of them have zero people skills or empathy and I wouldn't want them anywhere near an elderly relative.

13 Sep 2020, 21:17

Woody Guthrie wrote:
With 3 children ,wife, mortgage and general trying to make ends meet i dont need the extra stress.

It's a fair point and one that hasn't been addressed, nobody becomes a postie thinking they're going to be acting out a social care role and to be honest some of my colleagues are entirely unsuitable for the role. Some of them have zero people skills or empathy and I wouldn't want them anywhere near an elderly relative.

Hence why they become managers or acting managers. But as I will say this about the CWU leadership they need to get their act together this is not about finding extra work for us all to do but about applying past agreements and gaining future and better agreements for the members and stand by them when they stand up for their rights is that not what unions are about!

13 Sep 2020, 23:09

Absolutely load of nonsense. Someone goes sick and all these extra things the union want us to do wont get covered. People in our office can’t even open a post box half the time. CWU are out of touch.

14 Sep 2020, 12:22

We work for a business which is struggling to compete with rival delivery businesses - because they pay their workers far less.

The union's solution is to try to get us to do some social work, making the business even less competetive.

It's not them. It's our clueless union!

14 Sep 2020, 14:21

So over the past few years we have had to scan more items, try to deliver to neighbour, do collections, and with more and more new builds going up everywhere...with not 1 extra minute put into offices. Now the UNION want us to be social workers too. JUST GET US WHAT WE`RE OWED FROM $ PILLARS AGREEMENT! :mad

14 Sep 2020, 15:07

Anyone know the last time any of the senior union figures actually did a delivery round. Its about time some of them actually did the job rather than patronise us going on about the "front line of delivery" when they clearly haven't got a clue.

15 Sep 2020, 18:44

I was reading an interesting article by Dave Ward in the Morning Star released a few hours ago...

Morning Star (Sept. 15, 2020) ~ TUC Congress 2020: It's Crunch Time for the Trade Union Movement

As for Royal Mail, we still haven’t resolved our dispute with them – we’re in talks. But there’s been further talk about the possibility of cutting the universal service obligation.

Again during the pandemic we’ve seen just how important local postal workers and the service they provide are. And Royal Mail could be doing more – at the start of lockdown we made the offer, rather than going on strike when we got a Yes vote to do so, that Royal Mail could operate as a new emergency service – delivering prescriptions, linking up food banks, delivering testing. That’s an offer that still stands – particularly with the risk of a second wave.

Royal Mail is in a position to provide those things because it is unique in having a worker on every single street in the country, six days a week. But if it starts to roll back, if the government cuts that legal obligation, then the risk is we will see it go down the path of any low-cost parcel-delivery employer, like Yodel or DPD.

Our TUC motion on building a democratic new economy shows that we have an alternative vision. It means public ownership, and bringing Royal Mail back together with the Post Office, and setting up a Post Bank. But what we want to see is how it can grow and provide new services – rather than the leaders of the company saying we just need to reduce services and cut jobs until we’re just like any other parcel delivery firm.

15 Sep 2020, 19:24

fb1969 wrote:Anyone know the last time any of the senior union figures actually did a delivery round. Its about time some of them actually did the job rather than patronise us going on about the "front line of delivery" when they clearly haven't got a clue.

It's probably the same in most unions where the senior union figures won't have been "on the shop floor" for years

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2