not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Emotional intelligence?

05 Sep 2020, 16:06

Terry in his latest say as little as possible in as many words as possible used the phrase emotional intelligence.

But we are absolutely adamant, and we're saying this to to the employer that there has to be an offer on pay.
If there isn't, then we're going to be clashing again.It's emotional intelligence.

I had to Google it.
According to wiki...

Emotional intelligence is the capability of individuals to recognize their own emotions and those of others, discern between different feelings and label them appropriately, use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior, and manage and/or adjust emotions to adapt to environments or achieve one's goal(s)

The most important characteristic is the ability to empathise with your enemy/captor.

I really think Terry has Stockholm Syndrome.

Emotional intelligence?

05 Sep 2020, 16:32

ive never felt as low after listening to that as a cwu member
wtf was/has the past and present ballots been for
all i can see is deteriation of terms and conditions every time

Emotional intelligence?

05 Sep 2020, 16:47

Union has lost the plot

Emotional intelligence?

05 Sep 2020, 18:07

Verbal diarrhea?

Emotional intelligence?

05 Sep 2020, 19:28

Mike1259 wrote:Union has lost the plot

Did they ever have a plan :hmmmm well not since terry got the job :thumbdown

Emotional intelligence?

05 Sep 2020, 21:02

aiden01 wrote:

Yep. I genuinely believe Terry is a decent bloke and means well. But it really baffles me how he got in the position he is in. He clearly isn’t the brightest guy and I can picture him being baffled in private negotiations when Royal Mail are throwing numbers at him and what not. He needs replaced with somebody who has the intelligence and know how that his position and high salary requires.

Emotional intelligence?

05 Sep 2020, 21:15

toonshola wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

Yep. I genuinely believe Terry is a decent bloke and means well. But it really baffles me how he got in the position he is in. He clearly isn’t the brightest guy and I can picture him being baffled in private negotiations when Royal Mail are throwing numbers at him and what not. He needs replaced with somebody who has the intelligence and know how that his position and high salary requires.

Agree he might mean well but also means we are f--ked if thats the best we have.

Emotional intelligence?

06 Sep 2020, 08:09

Quite clearly he has nothing after three weeks.
His body language, stuttering speech and rambling shows that.

He's coming across as scared and this is a presentation to people hes supposed to support and motivate!
If he sits in a top level meeting like that he'll be getting laughed at. Pathetic

Emotional intelligence?

06 Sep 2020, 09:34

All this means is that there are no agreements in the talks and the talk aren't finished.
So let it proceed and then see what the outcome is, as employees we can't do much more than that.

Emotional intelligence?

06 Sep 2020, 13:25

The offer on pay will have so many strings attached to it would it be really worth it ??? Inflation is under 2% so what would the offer be a extra tenner a week before tax

Emotional intelligence?

06 Sep 2020, 13:30

derekm wrote:The offer on pay will have so many strings attached to it would it be really worth it ??? Inflation is under 2% so what would the offer be a extra tenner a week before tax

It would be worth it to sell a deal.
You would be surprised what your colleagues would accept for £200-£300 in back pay.

Emotional intelligence?

06 Sep 2020, 13:39

Woody Guthrie wrote:I really think Terry has Stockholm Syndrome.

He may have indeed. It sure looks like Terry Pullfinger is falling in love with his captors (Royal Mail management). :d'oh!

Emotional intelligence?

06 Sep 2020, 15:38

Woody Guthrie wrote:
derekm wrote:The offer on pay will have so many strings attached to it would it be really worth it ??? Inflation is under 2% so what would the offer be a extra tenner a week before tax

You would be surprised what your colleagues would accept for £200-£300 in back pay.

If you offered some raw unpeeled carrots In our place they would bite your hand off well some of them most not in the union!

Emotional intelligence?

06 Sep 2020, 16:25

Woody Guthrie wrote:

Probably true woody they see the ££££££ but not the bigger picture of what it will cost in terms & conditions

Emotional intelligence?

07 Sep 2020, 14:42

Sir Henry wrote:Verbal diarrhea?

Perhaps he needs to go on the CWU Poetry course?

https://education.cwu.org/news/poetry-c ... se-who-do/ :hmmmm

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1