not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Here's Terry - Nothing new.......

04 Sep 2020, 22:27

yip agree sick of standing at someones door with packet in hand mail between my legs pda in other hand bag on the shoulder then there not in and then the fun starts writing a p739 out and this seems to be every 5 minutes :sad: bring on the change and vrs :nana

04 Sep 2020, 22:54

mags999 wrote:yip agree sick of standing at someones door with packet in hand mail between my legs pda in other hand bag on the shoulder then there not in and then the fun starts writing a p739 out and this seems to be every 5 minutes :sad: bring on the change and vrs :nana

Good luck if your hoping vrs

04 Sep 2020, 22:59

mags999 wrote:yip agree sick of standing at someones door with packet in hand mail between my legs pda in other hand bag on the shoulder then there not in and then the fun starts writing a p739 out and this seems to be every 5 minutes :sad: bring on the change and vrs :nana

You sound like you are sick of the job then. Honestly, you are sick of having a bag on your shoulder and a pda in your hand? This is what we do. I'm writing 739s out if a/ they haven't answered in 10 seconds and b/ I know the neighbours are out. How many miles a day do you think you'll be walking if we don't deliver parcels? - you'd be moaning about the wear and tear on your body then.

05 Sep 2020, 08:12

mr hil. wrote:Terry is live now....

Stuart Simpson
RMtv Special 1 July - Joint statement 1 July 2020

“We also need to talk about pay”

JOINT STATEMENT BETWEEN RMG AND CWU(EDIT)
3. Timeline and Scope of Talks
The scope of these talks will be all encompassing, with everything on the table and will
include the following:

3. To agree a pay settlement for April 2020.

...All areas will be progressed with a view to reaching agreement by the end of July….

CWU update

Achim Dünnwald has the latest on talks with CWU

27th August
(EDIT)
“This week we have started our discussions on pay, we want to get an agreement on pay and the best way to get an agreement on pay is a change deal….”

So it appears if talks about pay did not commence until the end of August then progress to reach agreement by the end of July was unattainable.

05 Sep 2020, 08:21

theve all been on jollys during pandemic rm and cwu lip service now and again to make it seem like negotiating

05 Sep 2020, 08:23

It's not the fact that an agreement on pay has not been reached, we're not idiots and all realised that this was going to be a difficult negotiation.

It's the fact that no pay offer no matter how unacceptable has even been made and the union has felt obliged to continue with the negotiations despite this fact.

That is not the sign of a union in a strong bargaining position and it looks very much like the business is holding back on a pay offer until it can tie it in with a multi-year change programme with all the strings and hoops to jump through that would suggest.

Unless the union is prepared to take a harder line it could be next April before any increase in pay reaches frontline staff.

05 Sep 2020, 08:53

Will we see RM use loads of executive action once the ballot expires later in the month?

05 Sep 2020, 09:31

SpacePhoenix wrote:Will we see RM use loads of executive action once the ballot expires later in the month?

I think we can safely say yes. There may have been some hope from Royal mails side of reaching an agreement but I think their main aim was to just stall and run out the ballot. The Union have been duped again.

05 Sep 2020, 11:17

Reading between the lines:

I see a 35 hour week with a lump sum being classed / dressed up as your pay rise.

USO regulations / rules being changed to possibly a 5 day week service for letters because of the "pandemic, efficiency savings, loss of mail, peoples changing habits on shopping online, 1 million quid a day loses, protect full time jobs".

Introduction of a 6 or 7 day a week parcel service to bring in more business and revenue because "that's what our competitors do and our customers want" mantra.

Walk revisions to make them bigger because certain parcels will be hived off to either designated parcel drivers AND / OR the LAT hubs. Basically centralise parcels as much as possible, reduce the number of DO's and then combine those DO's to reduce overall rents etc and possibly flog off any more land the company owns.

More collections ending up with OPG's so collection drivers have two options, move to parcel deliveries inline with their current contracted hours or go via EVR.

Parcelforce, well that's a bit of a tricky one.

In a nutshell it's a fuc£ing mess. Mismanagement, lack of investment in the right areas, short term strategies that were badly thought out by people that had no idea what goes on outside of their cosy office. A culture of imitation rather than innovation. Years ago the infrastructure was there to be world leaders but they just flogged it all off for quick shareholder gains.

Just my thoughts.

05 Sep 2020, 14:20

Sugar wrote:Reading between the lines:

I see a 35 hour week with a lump sum being classed / dressed up as your pay rise.

USO regulations / rules being changed to possibly a 5 day week service for letters because of the "pandemic, efficiency savings, loss of mail, peoples changing habits on shopping online, 1 million quid a day loses, protect full time jobs".

Introduction of a 6 or 7 day a week parcel service to bring in more business and revenue because "that's what our competitors do and our customers want" mantra.

Walk revisions to make them bigger because certain parcels will be hived off to either designated parcel drivers AND / OR the LAT hubs. Basically centralise parcels as much as possible, reduce the number of DO's and then combine those DO's to reduce overall rents etc and possibly flog off any more land the company owns.

More collections ending up with OPG's so collection drivers have two options, move to parcel deliveries inline with their current contracted hours or go via EVR.

In a nutshell it's a fuc£ing mess. Mismanagement, lack of investment in the right areas, short term strategies that were badly thought out by people that had no idea what goes on outside of their cosy office. A culture of imitation rather than innovation. Years ago the infrastructure was there to be world leaders but they just flogged it all off for quick shareholder gains.

Just my thoughts.

Agee with most of the above , some or all of the Parcel Depo,s may become L A T Hubs , There build to Handle Artick,s
One Class of Letter ,
Afternoon Dely & Final Collections from P O,s Etc to be combined
Rural Deliveries to be Later to do Final ( Only ) collections from Boxes , P O ,s , Firms

06 Sep 2020, 10:12

wallan wrote:
Sugar wrote:Reading between the lines:

Just my thoughts.

Agee with most of the above , some or all of the Parcel Depo,s may become L A T Hubs , There build to Handle Artick,s
One Class of Letter ,
Afternoon Dely & Final Collections from P O,s Etc to be combined
Rural Deliveries to be Later to do Final ( Only ) collections from Boxes , P O ,s , Firms

Good point with the One Class of letter. Not being tied in to a specific delivery time frame would be a game changer for them.

Back said " there's jobs for those that want or can do the job"

The new CEO said something along the lines that "the company will be smaller in the future".

Not hard to see that they're ready to streamline the whole structure of the company in a big way. Combining deliveries and collections. New ways to get parcels delivered and reduce the number of different sections of the business going down the same paths or streets each day. There's going to be a lot of casualties in the next 3 years or so. Bigger changes coming than when we went to single day delivery and van share, both of which increased duty sizes considerably.

06 Sep 2020, 12:10

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're a dedicated collection driver be very worried...unless you want out of course.

06 Sep 2020, 12:34

Now the business is pushing collections I fear the worse for Parcelforce. We have been getting bigger parcels in our network all the time that would usually go on parcel force vans and we have recently been delivering a load of their parcels. Rico was desperately keen to get rid of Parcelforce but he hit a wall with the CWU. Now I think that this wall is being breached.

And there will be jobs for them who can and still want to work for the Royal Mail

06 Sep 2020, 18:42

Deadly wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're a dedicated collection driver be very worried...unless you want out of course.

Are you talking about collection drivers based in delivery offices? We have about 8 late turn collection duties in our office, working roughly 11.30am till 7pm. If these duties are cut for any reason why would it mean the duty holders losing their jobs? Any job loses within the office would be handled using the MTSF agreement. The worst that would probably happen is having to go back RTI if there is not a repick. Obviously if you are only doing collections because you have health issues preventing you doing a walk it might be a different matter.

06 Sep 2020, 19:06

Zicomurphy wrote:
Deadly wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're a dedicated collection driver be very worried...unless you want out of course.

Are you talking about collection drivers based in delivery offices? We have about 8 late turn collection duties in our office, working roughly 11.30am till 7pm. If these duties are cut for any reason why would it mean the duty holders losing their jobs? Any job loses within the office would be handled using the MTSF agreement. The worst that would probably happen is having to go back RTI if there is not a repick. Obviously if you are only doing collections because you have health issues preventing you doing a walk it might be a different matter.

t=Them duty times sound like a good time frame for LAT duties

06 Sep 2020, 19:31

I'd be interested to see if the LAT Hubs will operate on a Post Code Type sytem?

We have several duties (with a high concentration of Delivery Points) that have STUPID Ammounts of Larger Parcels Daily, at least a Yorkes worth on top of what I'd consider a good day's worth of mail! :shock: A demograph of younger, computer literate, families with high desposable incomes, and nothing better to do than order crap on e-bay. :arrrghhh The Duty Holders would certainly appreciate having those Larger Packets taken off of them, and TBH it would be financially viable to send a Sprinter Type Van out there to deliver them. :thumbup

However we've also got several Deep Rural Duties. They're already served by us & Parcel Force, and I wouldn't think it'd be finacially viable to send out a van from an LAT Hub just to deliver a dozen or so larger packets, when the Posties already been out there already? :hmmmm

Unfortunately at the moment we can't get any adjustments made to Oversize Duties because the DOM simply says, "We'll have to wait and see how the LAT Hubs impact on our parcels, we may find that some duties have significantly less work to do", he's also going on about how any future agreements may effect our office workload. :shock: But I don't plan on holding my breath about that one! :cuppa

06 Sep 2020, 20:26

Should be a good laugh when the LAT hubs start taking the large. The segging of large and small by every MC is s**t with loads of smalls mixed in with large on normal yorks and sleeves of small sometimes being half full with large. For both large and small you'll often get Tracked and non-Tracked mixed in

06 Sep 2020, 20:36

Zicomurphy wrote:

I'm talking about collection hubs or mail centres. The collections are often run as a standalone function so no other roles to move across to.

06 Sep 2020, 21:02

Deadly wrote:
Zicomurphy wrote:

I'm talking about collection hubs or mail centres. The collections are often run as a standalone function so no other roles to move across to.

AFAIK (at least locally) all shifts use casuals so in MCs they'd be just transferred to early, late or night shift in processing. Those who've got a class 1 or class 2 driving license might perhaps transfer to distribution

06 Sep 2020, 21:03

Thats not how it works

Its 'roles/tasks/jobs' whatever you want to call it that go not the people who are doing the jobs

They would still have their seniority to choose something else - just that there would be less to choose from compared to the last resign

Same as floaters who have good seniority , they might do away with floaters if its 5 day deliveries but that doesnt mean that those who chose the floating duties are the ones who lose their job

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4