not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Here's Terry - Nothing new.......

28 Aug 2020, 16:14

clashcityrocker wrote:I'm still trying to guess what "makes the journey less cornering" means.

he said concerning

the subtitles were wrong

29 Aug 2020, 03:54

What is concerning is we will have to re-ballot not just pissing in the wind but what happens lockdown 2 has anyone of our top union HQ factored that in. At the end of the day we need a fair deal for both sides but passed agreements need respecting automation is a clear and present danger to all our job's hence the need of a SWW but we deserve a proper pay rise for our efforts of the last six months £200 just don't cut it!

29 Aug 2020, 13:59

£100 part time bonus after tax.....six months slog keeping the nation in shoes BMX handles footballs flour teapots etc for less than £1 a day extra boom respect key worker now where is my face nappy!!

31 Aug 2020, 16:29

Phantom wrote:Same as in the new Courier, absolutely f**k all, still no plan, still no idea.

Which brings me to the latest edition of Courier. In it, the CEO Update on page one has Stuart Simpson saying the following:
"Naturally, you've been asking about the impact on jobs. I understand this is a real issue. Royal Mail will be a smaller company in the future. But we have always managed change well, using voluntary redundancy and natural attrition as our routes to achieving workforce reduction."

Natural attrition? :shock:

31 Aug 2020, 17:36

PostmanBitesDog wrote:
Phantom wrote:Same as in the new Courier, absolutely f**k all, still no plan, still no idea.

Which brings me to the latest edition of Courier. In it, the CEO Update on page one has Stuart Simpson saying the following:
"Naturally, you've been asking about the impact on jobs. I understand this is a real issue. Royal Mail will be a smaller company in the future. But we have always managed change well, using voluntary redundancy and natural attrition as our routes to achieving workforce reduction."

Like WW1 but they don't use pistols these days just the conduct code to force you over the top.

31 Aug 2020, 19:55

"Royal Mail will be a smaller company in the future"

Nothing more needs to be said, discussed, pondered or mused... we're screwed.

31 Aug 2020, 20:37

1560loopsayear wrote:"Royal Mail will be a smaller company in the future"

It wouldn't surprise me long-term to see PF get split off completely and take all Tracked and SDs with it. With what's left being perhaps Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only

31 Aug 2020, 21:41

SpacePhoenix wrote:
1560loopsayear wrote:"Royal Mail will be a smaller company in the future"

It wouldn't surprise me long-term to see PF get split off completely and take all Tracked and SDs with it. With what's left being perhaps Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only

Does anything surprise you :Very Happy

01 Sep 2020, 15:45

PostmanBitesDog wrote:

Yes, people leaving of their own accord. Examples are retirement or just finding another job.

01 Sep 2020, 16:08

freespeech wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:

Yes, people leaving of their own accord. Examples are retirement or just finding another job.

Ah yes. I'm more familiar with the euphemism "voluntary turnover" (even though Stuart Simpson used a similar term in the same sentence). Natural attrition sounds a little harsh. Attrition can also mean an act of abrasion or friction. Anyway, Royal Mail employees leaving on their own accord is obviously less daunting to those who don't wish to be shown the door.

01 Sep 2020, 16:11

[/quote]
Natural attrition? :shock:[/quote]

Not sure what's worse that or the term they used to use "natural wastage!"

01 Sep 2020, 17:11

TheStrangler wrote:

Not sure what's worse that or the term they used to use "natural wastage!"

It's also known in HR circles as "employee churn rate".

01 Sep 2020, 18:50

Natural attrition by dictionary definition means to constantly wear down to weaken or destroy....

01 Sep 2020, 19:13

postslippete wrote:Natural attrition by dictionary definition means to constantly wear down to weaken or destroy....

Yeah, that sounds pretty much in line with what CEO Stuart Simpson was thinking. :wink:

02 Sep 2020, 07:09

PostmanBitesDog wrote:
postslippete wrote:Natural attrition by dictionary definition means to constantly wear down to weaken or destroy....

Yeah, that sounds pretty much in line with what CEO Stuart Simpson was thinking. :wink:

Or alternatively when it comes to reducing a workforce.... ''Why pay them off when you can piss them off?''

04 Sep 2020, 17:13

Terry is live now....

04 Sep 2020, 17:52

mr hil. wrote:Terry is live now....

Here's Terry again -Nothing new again....

Still not even a pay offer on the table?

04 Sep 2020, 18:09

not looking to good on the talks front sounds like it all hinges on the uso and what the regulater decides before we get any joy or pain probly the latter :sad:

04 Sep 2020, 19:16

mags999 wrote:not looking to good on the talks front sounds like it all hinges on the uso and what the regulater decides before we get any joy or pain probly the latter :sad:

You expect the game to be rigged. Deciding on the USO in the midst of the worst recession in decades is a bit much.

04 Sep 2020, 21:29

My opinion is that by next summer the uso will be 5 days a week and 10,000 jobs are gone. 35 hr week may be in there but won't hold my breath.

1 in 6 deliveries with dedicated parcel duty doing oversize and possibly part of a delivery other 5 picking up 1 whole duty between them.

The job cannot cope with letters and parcels of a certain size, this is 2020 not 1920 when only Christmas time was busy with packets.

When I started in mid 80's mail was king and there were duties that only done parcels, now we are tasked with picking up 40% increase and no infrastructure to cope with volume.

I see daily, deliveries being left for 3/4 days cos someone needs a roll of sellotape or false eyelashes from wish but old Mrs Goggins can't get her hospital appointment on time cos we don't do everyday deliveries.....scandal :oops:

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4