not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE




Union Leaders

05 Aug 2020, 15:30

You're kind of rewriting history a bit there Teebs but I like you so I'll let it slide.

The bottom line is we've been in dispute with the company for the best part of two years, had two IA ballots neither of which has been acted on, are overdue a cut in the working week and a pay rise and 300 disagreements have been magicked away.

Union Leaders

05 Aug 2020, 17:38

paving the way for the enevitable

Union Leaders

05 Aug 2020, 20:31

Woody Guthrie wrote:
borders wrote:We are lucky to be members of a Unionised Workforce as good or as bad as it may be .... simple as ....


There was no luck involved.
We are a unionised workforce because we chose to be and fought to continue to be.
It didn't happen by chance.

Alright chill , I have have been a Union Member for 25 years myself and i have been involved in the Union in many ways other than just carrying the card. Obviously , you have taken the word Lucky literally rather than figuratively , however the wrong choice of word maybe .

Union Leaders

05 Aug 2020, 21:35

I'd agree with a few things here but I don't think the union had anything to do with Rico going.he was taken away in a strategic manoeuvre nothing's changed where still going to evolve into the company he (the board) want.

Union Leaders

05 Aug 2020, 23:19

worktotime wrote:
Yamr1 wrote:There's a big announcement scheduled
for Thursday

i dont think it will be a big announcement :crazy: , they will offer a small golden carrot and some posties wont see beyond that as always , and we will be shafted as the company will get what they wanted from the start but just another way of doing it ,which by the way we voted to stand on the street twice against . , so its Ricos plan part 2 . :no no


Saturdays off will be the golden carrot

Union Leaders

06 Aug 2020, 08:30

Jpro747 wrote:
worktotime wrote:
Yamr1 wrote:There's a big announcement scheduled
for Thursday

i dont think it will be a big announcement :crazy: , they will offer a small golden carrot and some posties wont see beyond that as always , and we will be shafted as the company will get what they wanted from the start but just another way of doing it ,which by the way we voted to stand on the street twice against . , so its Ricos plan part 2 . :no no


Saturdays off will be the golden carrot

It may well be but it may also be necessary for the company to survive

Union Leaders

06 Aug 2020, 09:45

chickenwittle wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:
worktotime wrote:
Yamr1 wrote:There's a big announcement scheduled
for Thursday

i dont think it will be a big announcement :crazy: , they will offer a small golden carrot and some posties wont see beyond that as always , and we will be shafted as the company will get what they wanted from the start but just another way of doing it ,which by the way we voted to stand on the street twice against . , so its Ricos plan part 2 . :no no


Saturdays off will be the golden carrot

It may well be but it may also be necessary for the company to survive


Golden Carrot , Shorter Working Week , Average Pay While On Leave
Downside , Phasing out of "Grand Farther Right Allowances " , One Class Of Letters , Afternoon Deliveries , Rurals to be later starts ,doing Final Collections from Post Offices / Boxes while on Delivery , Reducing the number of delivery offices
Monthly Pay
Last edited by wallan on 06 Aug 2020, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.

Union Leaders

06 Aug 2020, 11:24

Is there expected to be some sort of announcement today?

Union Leaders

06 Aug 2020, 13:51

Pec meeting today in Birmingham, hopefully an announcement later today or tomorrow at some point

Union Leaders

06 Aug 2020, 19:45

Anyone watch the live update, didn't catch it myself

Union Leaders

06 Aug 2020, 19:49

dolph999 wrote:Anyone watch the live update, didn't catch it myself

Didnt know there was one.

Union Leaders

06 Aug 2020, 20:20

yep there was an update and it was we know fu*k all more than we did yesterday...a lot of waffling and no answer to any postie on the front line 30 years in and this is what my subs get in ..effin joke

Union Leaders

06 Aug 2020, 21:29

Guess who’s back, back again, Terry’s back, tells friend, tell a friend tell a friend tell a friend

Union Leaders

07 Aug 2020, 12:55

Woody Guthrie wrote:You're kind of rewriting history a bit there Teebs but I like you so I'll let it slide.

The bottom line is we've been in dispute with the company for the best part of two years, had two IA ballots neither of which has been acted on, are overdue a cut in the working week and a pay rise and 300 disagreements have been magicked away.


It was a bit hyperbolic, wasn't it? But that was my intention. Its a complicated issue but the constant harping about how bad the Union is wearing at me.

The CWU is not perfect, it has some huge issues, and lots of minor ones and I criticise them when they deserve it. But some seem vehemently anti-CWU and will post negative comments about them when given a chance, even if it is not deserved. Opinions are nice but balanced opinions are even better.

Union Leaders

07 Aug 2020, 13:37

I don't think it's really ant-CWU I think it's more disillusionment with a certain type of leadership that treats us as if we're all a bit thick and extremely naive.

I think we all or at least should all know that these are strange times, the business is in a bit of a fragile state and it's obviously better to have a union than not. These are a given and don't need to be continually parroted to the members, some of it from both sides.

Yesterday's update was unbelievably poor communications, I've read the transcript and it makes less sense written down than it did live which is pretty impressive. There doesn't seem to have been any real progress on any of the major issues and that is what it is as long as you're going to be honest. Was Terry honest? No he wasn't, he waffled on about this that and the next thing without saying anything.

Then he quietly dropped a bomb and swiftly moved on as if nothing had happened.

Royal Mail has not even tabled a pay offer despite a pledge to have this resolved by the end of July. Now the fact that RM have offered nothing is one thing but could anyone explain how these meetings have gone?

Day 1 What's the pay offer?-nothing, okay fair enough it's only day 1.
Day 2 What's the pay offer? - nothing, okay fair enough it's only day 2
.
.
.
Day 30 What's the pay offer? - nothing.......

Does it really get to day 30 without an explanation as to why there is no pay offer?
Is that what we're supposed to believe?

Union Leaders

07 Aug 2020, 13:48

It was really frustrating that Terry told us nothing at all when it’s been silent for weeks, we all know change is coming but to what extent and when exactly would be good to know, next time he’s up think it’s best to expect to learn nothing and anything at all will be a bonus.

Union Leaders

07 Aug 2020, 14:08

Tbh the FB Live by Terry Pullinger yesterday did seem like abit of needless waffle and waste of time. But one thing for sure the Union have to make sure that RM don't make announcements unless its a joint statement as it will cause issues. I personally think that the only reason for the FB Live yesterday is because people have been expressing theirconcerns at a lack of of a statement after the RM one the week before. Chris Webb has stated they are on all RM groups like this one and the FB social media.
I am 100% behind the union but I am also aware of the lack of communication from the union and it doesn't help the cause but one thing they have to do is to make sure that any communique from RM is agreed with the union because it will help restore the trust.

Union Leaders

07 Aug 2020, 14:09

Manboat wrote:It was really frustrating that Terry told us nothing at all when it’s been silent for weeks, we all know change is coming but to what extent and when exactly would be good to know, next time he’s up think it’s best to expect to learn nothing and anything at all will be a bonus.


I agree a total waste of 30minutes of my life I won't get back yesterday

Union Leaders

07 Aug 2020, 15:22

rainbowwarrior72 wrote:Tbh the FB Live by Terry Pullinger yesterday did seem like abit of needless waffle and waste of time. But one thing for sure the Union have to make sure that RM don't make announcements unless its a joint statement as it will cause issues. I personally think that the only reason for the FB Live yesterday is because people have been expressing theirconcerns at a lack of of a statement after the RM one the week before. Chris Webb has stated they are on all RM groups like this one and the FB social media.
I am 100% behind the union but I am also aware of the lack of communication from the union and it doesn't help the cause but one thing they have to do is to make sure that any communique from RM is agreed with the union because it will help restore the trust.


In agreement with your summary. As Terry said he is on holiday next week, therefore it is unlikely we will get a further announcement until the following week.

Union Leaders

07 Aug 2020, 15:31

Chris Webb has stated they are on all RM groups like this one and the FB social media.

I'd like to see the text of that. Woody?

Previous page Next page


Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3