not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

CEO latest message

04 Aug 2020, 19:03

Deadly wrote:The share price has seen some good gains today, possible agreement leaked to the markets?

Nice that the city know more about whats happening with our jobs and company that what the workforce does.

CEO latest message

04 Aug 2020, 20:47

Deadly wrote:The share price has seen some good gains today, possible agreement leaked to the markets?

I had the same thought, let's see what happens tomorrow

CEO latest message

04 Aug 2020, 20:56

Yes. An agreement has been reached between Royal Mail and the small, family-owned Lanchester Wines in Stanley, County Durham.

As per the agreement, all Royal Mail posties will soon be delivering bottles of wine to every customer in the UK. :crazy: :cuppa :chuckle
If a customer gives you folks any lip, just reach into your pouch and smash it over their head with a £29.99 bottle of Chardonnay.

CEO latest message

05 Aug 2020, 09:34

The initial focus of our discussions so far has covered immediate short-term changes we can make.

that's all i got from the "update"

CEO latest message

12 Aug 2020, 20:47

Whatever is being said, the share price is flourishing.

CEO latest message

12 Aug 2020, 21:07

Our DOM is getting a conference call tomorrow. Very open about it too.

CEO latest message

14 Aug 2020, 11:15

Same crap but at least some kind of communication. CWU where r u, wot u get paid for

CEO latest message

14 Aug 2020, 22:09

stodgy88 wrote: the CWU has shown that recognises the significant financial and operational challenges that our business faces. Both the CWU and Royal Mail teams have put a lot of work into rebuilding trust between us as we work through these discussions.

Ah yes, Royal Mail did say that they were losing over a million quid a day a few weeks back. This is in spite of

- working during lockdown when most businesses were forced to close
- record levels of parcels being delivered
- leaving 2 or 3 days worth of mail and packets in frames saves on paying out for a full days overtime
- Royal Mail shares starting to go up

I would agree that the Royal Mail and CWU do need to rebuild trust. It was always going to be a no deal with Rico as he was hellbent on changing the company without Union involvement and he just got disillusioned when he couldn't get his own way. The biggest challenge facing the new CEO won't be getting rid of senior managers as some might want to leave if they are given a decent payoff. It will be the CWU.

CEO latest message

14 Aug 2020, 23:37

postslippete wrote:
stodgy88 wrote: the CWU has shown that recognises the significant financial and operational challenges that our business faces. Both the CWU and Royal Mail teams have put a lot of work into rebuilding trust between us as we work through these discussions.

Ah yes, Royal Mail did say that they were losing over a million quid a day a few weeks back. This is in spite of

- working during lockdown when most businesses were forced to close
- record levels of parcels being delivered
- leaving 2 or 3 days worth of mail and packets in frames saves on paying out for a full days overtime
- Royal Mail shares starting to go up

I would agree that the Royal Mail and CWU do need to rebuild trust. It was always going to be a no deal with Rico as he was hellbent on changing the company without Union involvement and he just got disillusioned when he couldn't get his own way. The biggest challenge facing the new CEO won't be getting rid of senior managers as some might want to leave if they are given a decent payoff. It will be the CWU.

Record levels of sick an prob more casuals an angard staff so who pays there wages honestly say for a few months there was more casual an angard staff than there were posties in mc. so you have total faith in cwu..

CEO latest message

16 Aug 2020, 06:53

aiden01 wrote:Record levels of sick an prob more casuals an angard staff so who pays there wages honestly say for a few months there was more casual an angard staff than there were posties in mc. so you have total faith in cwu..

I don't have total faith in the CWU; I just refuse to believe all the Royal Mail rhetoric that is primarily designed to worsen our pay,terms and conditions. It is true that we have a far more generous sick policy than any other company I know, courtesy of the CWU. And sick pay and paying for agency staff is a double whammy for Royal Mail. No wonder costs had spiralled.

But pandemics don't last forever. Royal Mail were in a comfortable financial position before the virus took hold and now that regular staff are back working,it probably still is.

CEO latest message

16 Aug 2020, 18:17

SW17 wrote:

Nice that the city know more about whats happening with our jobs and company that what the workforce does.

I think people are reading too much into this.......delivery/postal companies are up in general due to the increase in parcels. Nothing to do with RM in isolation.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2