not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

CEO latest message

31 Jul 2020, 18:34

latest news posted today from ceo.............
I want to give you a brief update on how talks are progressing with the CWU.

We have been holding a series of meetings every week on all areas of the talks under discussion. As a reminder, we have structured our talks into a number of topics. These cover; discussing our overall financial position; short-term change activity and trials to help address the immediate operational and financial challenges; pay; a resolution to our dispute, operational change and the future strategy of the RMG. The meetings have been attended by the senior negotiating teams of both Royal Mail and the CWU, as well as by me and Terry Pullinger.

The initial focus of our discussions so far has covered immediate short-term changes we can make. This has taken a little longer than we envisaged in our Joint Statement. That said, I am pleased to say that we are now making real progress in many of these areas and we welcome the positive commitment and approach the CWU has shown that recognises the significant financial and operational challenges that our business faces. Both the CWU and Royal Mail teams have put a lot of work into rebuilding trust between us as we work through these discussions.

Of course, we’d like to reach agreement as soon as possible, but the talks are covering many complex issues and both Royal Mail and the CWU know that we need to get it right if we are to put together an agreement that secures the future.

I hope to be in a position to share progress as the talks continue.

Stuart Simpson
CEO

CEO latest message

31 Jul 2020, 18:53

So much for changing at pace, once again it drags on and on, the way things are going we will be lucky to have jobs this time next year!! How long can we supposedly lose £1000000 a day??

CEO latest message

31 Jul 2020, 19:14

It's nice that one side is at least attempting to keep us updated.
It's just a shame it's not the side we pay to keep us updated.

CEO latest message

31 Jul 2020, 19:34

Woody Guthrie wrote:It's nice that one side is at least attempting to keep us updated.

This is not an update, there is no detail here, you are still in the dark.
Have patience!

CEO latest message

31 Jul 2020, 19:49

Phantom wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:It's nice that one side is at least attempting to keep us updated.

Have patience!

It is at least an attempt to show that there has been some progress, some dialogue, that the two parties are at least in the same room rather than on their holidays.

Please do not attempt to tell me what an update is and is not. I'm capable of independent thought. I know more than I did before I read it therefore by definition it's an update and far more than the union has bothered.

Have patience!

They've had 30 years of my patience.
How much more do they need?

CEO latest message

31 Jul 2020, 20:46

the cwu dont want to tell us as the outcomes are that bad they will be looking for excuses
and by the way they do not have membership approval for any agreement unless we get to vote on proposals

CEO latest message

31 Jul 2020, 20:57

Phantom wrote:

Have patience!

Have patience from somebody who loves to criticise the cwu wtf.payrise was promised to be done an dusted by end of july come on cwu give your members a f..king break really am pissed off.

CEO latest message

01 Aug 2020, 09:51

Should have been a Joint Statement

CEO latest message

01 Aug 2020, 11:58

Thank You Mr Simpson.Good job someone tells You something!!!!

CEO latest message

01 Aug 2020, 19:31

wallan wrote:Should have been a Joint Statement

Obviously the CWU didn’t want to issue a joint statement, read into that what you will.

CEO latest message

01 Aug 2020, 22:42

Negotiations continuing.

Elephant is out of the room.

CEO latest message

02 Aug 2020, 09:26

This statement is all part of the game. It gives out a pretty positive vibe from Royal Mail which puts the pressure on the union to come to an agreement otherwise any failure of the talks will look to be laid at the union’s door.

CEO latest message

02 Aug 2020, 09:36

Deadly wrote:This statement is all part of the game. It gives out a pretty positive vibe from Royal Mail which puts the pressure on the union to come to an agreement otherwise any failure of the talks will look to be laid at the union’s door.

Of course it's part of the game, we're just wondering why our defense keeps giving the ball away on the 18 yard line. Is big Tel
passing round the brown envelopes again?

CEO latest message

03 Aug 2020, 17:25

Im passed f***ing caring now to be honest and that boat has sailed , they can agree to whatever they want but at the end of the day i still have a finish time :wave , unless the CWU have agreed to give them that as well :left:

CEO latest message

03 Aug 2020, 22:41

CWU interim statement by the end of the week.

CEO latest message

04 Aug 2020, 06:19

templar wrote:CWU interim statement by the end of the week.

which week and what year ? :cuppa , we will get shafted regardless.

CEO latest message

04 Aug 2020, 08:06

yes shafted probably 2 waves of redundancies 1st one will be revisions due to mail levels dropping and another later due to uso changes meaning 15 per cent could be axed with no day off cover needed on a 5 day week in deliveries :sad:

CEO latest message

04 Aug 2020, 15:32

More tea and chocolate digestives required. Actually make that plain Aldi biscuits, we are losing a million squid a day.....

CEO latest message

04 Aug 2020, 15:51

worktotime wrote:Im passed f***ing caring now to be honest and that boat has sailed , they can agree to whatever they want but at the end of the day i still have a finish time :wave , unless the CWU have agreed to give them that as well :left:

Yeah they have, were now on call 24/7

CEO latest message

04 Aug 2020, 16:19

The share price has seen some good gains today, possible agreement leaked to the markets?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2