not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Awaiting announcement end of July or mid August

07 Aug 2020, 17:01

2yearpostie wrote:Simple answer to this,' heres a voluntary sheet if you want to van share with a mask please sign, we will pay sick pay but you cant sue us.'

Cue people putting enormous pressure on their partner to sign it

Quite frankly, eff that.

08 Aug 2020, 10:03

SpacePhoenix wrote:Long term with the big increase in packets will van sharing even be viable? It might reach a point where you can't get 2 walks worth of mail into a van on a regular basis

Simple answer.

Larger vans like UPS who do work with two people to a van.

With the emphasis on delivering tracked items later in the day and how rm wanted to cut down on the number of offices doing parcels of a certain size they'll probably be a reduction in the overall size of the delivery fleet and an increase in larger sized vans to transport the additional mail and small packet volumes because they've increased walk sizes by reducing total number of walks in each office. Less vans, less maintenance and overheads, less head count due to less total number of walks would easily cover any additional costs of hiring larger vans but less of them overall.

Not to mention another possible reduction of collections because deliveries will end up doing even more of that in the next 1-3 years.

08 Aug 2020, 11:08

Never seen a UPS truck with two guys in it.

08 Aug 2020, 13:38

Woody Guthrie wrote:

We get them around here, though not every van.

DPD also have 2 to a van on the larger transit style ones.
Last edited by Sugar on 09 Aug 2020, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.

08 Aug 2020, 14:27

Sugar wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

DPS also have 2 to a van on the larger transit style ones.

My local UPS for the last 5 or 6 weeks has been 2 staff ( female )

08 Aug 2020, 21:56

Sugar wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

DPS??? Never heard of them. Also, never seen two people in an UPS van.

08 Aug 2020, 22:32

afcdibby wrote:
Sugar wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

Most likely a typo and meant to be DPD

09 Aug 2020, 10:12

SpacePhoenix wrote:
afcdibby wrote:
Sugar wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

Yeah typo.

09 Aug 2020, 15:29

SpacePhoenix wrote:Long term with the big increase in packets will van sharing even be viable? It might reach a point where you can't get 2 walks worth of mail into a van on a regular basis

The large parcels and most of the Tracked are going to the LAT hubs so that will relieve some of the space issues.

09 Aug 2020, 17:23

Sugar wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
afcdibby wrote:
Sugar wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

Yeah typo.

DPD having two people in a van would likely be down to someone getting trained. It's mostly franchise in DPD and wouldn't be cost effective with two to a van. Their business has grown substantially since the Pandemic. The local depot to me, which I deliver to occasionally, has 132 vans running out of it. They've been told to get that to 200 by Xmas.

09 Aug 2020, 19:11

Celgar wrote:

The large parcels and most of the Tracked are going to the LAT hubs so that will relieve some of the space issues.

Inward MCs and DOs will still get a good few large, and probably a good few Tracked. The segging of large from small is s**t at every MC. When we're processing inward Tracked, the number of sleeves that have loads of Tracked mixed in :arrrghhh

09 Aug 2020, 19:24

Celgar wrote:

wont it make it even worse at the LAT offices?

09 Aug 2020, 19:32

2yearpostie wrote:
Celgar wrote:

I'd be surprised if the LAT hubs would have the capacity. They'd more likely just send a load back to the DOs

09 Aug 2020, 19:55

SpacePhoenix wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
Celgar wrote:

I'd be surprised if the LAT hubs would have the capacity. They'd more likely just send a load back to the DOs

Exactly what i said before we had this covid thing.

09 Aug 2020, 20:26

Long term I reckon a more likely use of the hubs will be for 2C packets and whatever MS3 packets that are left that hasn't gone over to DSA. If the Tracked comes to MCs instead of the hubs then we've still got to take it out the sleeves to scan it, which makes it pointless being sorted by the hubs as we may as well scan it, whilst sorting it

11 Aug 2020, 10:46

2yearpostie wrote:
Celgar wrote:

We're scheduled to be an LAT office, whenever that may be, and there isn't room to swing a cat in here now. I simply have no idea how they plan to find room to process parcels for the 3 other offices we're slated to do.

11 Aug 2020, 19:26

Ozzvaldo wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
Celgar wrote:

We're scheduled to be an LAT office, whenever that may be, and there isn't room to swing a cat in here now. I simply have no idea how they plan to find room to process parcels for the 3 other offices we're slated to do.

Processing LAT parcels doesn't take up much room or time.

15 Aug 2020, 08:58

heapsy wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
Celgar wrote:

Processing LAT parcels doesn't take up much room or time.

yep, mostly contact lenses from what I have encountered, but hardly any larger parcels...

15 Aug 2020, 20:50

If the majority of the Tracked is indeed going to go over to the LAT hubs, will they be able to handle 5.5k+ each of Tracked? That number is bound to go up in the next few months

01 Oct 2020, 08:54

End of July - mid August, in the words of Barry Shitpeas : 'Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining, because I can smell, and that's piss'

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3