not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Awaiting announcement end of July or mid August

27 Jul 2020, 17:23

It was indicated recently the timescale for the ongoing talks would produce agreement on some issues by the end of July. Then I remembered Rico Back officially departs on the 15th August. I wonder if any announcement will be delayed until after that date.

27 Jul 2020, 18:28

rogersh wrote:It was indicated recently the timescale for the ongoing talks would produce agreement on some issues by the end of July. Then I remembered Rico Back officially departs on the 15th August. I wonder if any announcement will be delayed until after that date.

It’s anyone’s guess. Sure the union said that a plan for office revisions and this years pay deal would be sorted in the first 2 weeks of July, but here we are still in the dark about everything. I still think Royal Mail are just dragging this out until the ballot runs out, then the union will be kicked out the negotiating room to look like fools.
Last edited by toonshola on 27 Jul 2020, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

27 Jul 2020, 19:40

The union should have all reps walk out for an hour to keep the ballot live

27 Jul 2020, 20:36

we were told by area rep talks have broken down
if so we need to move on our ballot result

27 Jul 2020, 21:02

hans solo wrote:we were told by area rep talks have broken down

That would explain why there has been no real update in weeks. Not good if true.

27 Jul 2020, 22:00

toonshola wrote:
hans solo wrote:we were told by area rep talks have broken down

That would explain why there has been no real update in weeks. Not good if true.

The last video update from the CWU was on the 16th July "Talks so far have been very positive"

27 Jul 2020, 22:08

Dingo/Martin Walsh can you confirm if having all the reps walk out for an hour would be enough to keep the ballot live?

27 Jul 2020, 22:43

Rico has gone but still on the payroll till the 15th so that won’t be influencing talks. I would expect some sort of news by the end of the week, no idea if talks have broken down but there are multiple talks at different levels and there will certainly be stumbling blokes. We are in a very delicate place.

28 Jul 2020, 06:36

stumbling blokes. to much time in the bar then.

28 Jul 2020, 09:47

I’ve lost track .
Should we be on 37 hours now and the 36 hour week due to kick in ? Or should we be on 36 already ?

Then the pay rise is a separate issue right ?

We are already doing the heavier up to 5 kg parcels from Parcelforce when Royal Mail reduced their price for this service in direct competition.so doesn’t look good for Parcelforce does it or am I reading into this wrong ?

The pension is long since forgot about isn’t it or is there a master plan ?

B n h doesn’t happen does it ,so that’s forgot about

What are they talking about then for so long ?
More jobs Going maybe ?

Didn’t they ballot us because the legally binding four pillars agreement was broken ?
Wasn’t there executive action that caused 600 disagreements to go in ?
Wasn’t this all apparently one certain top executives fault
I was believing we were really on the cusp of something quite amazing

Where exactly are we with all this

28 Jul 2020, 14:59

Last update from Tel was promising. Sure he said they were hoping talks would be concluded by the end of this month. Hopefully have some more news at the end of the week?

28 Jul 2020, 16:09

wf wrote:I’ve lost track .
Should we be on 37 hours now and the 36 hour week due to kick in ? Or should we be on 36 already ?

Then the pay rise is a separate issue right ?

We are already doing the heavier up to 5 kg parcels from Parcelforce when Royal Mail reduced their price for this service in direct competition.so doesn’t look good for Parcelforce does it or am I reading into this wrong ?

The pension is long since forgot about isn’t it or is there a master plan ?

B n h doesn’t happen does it ,so that’s forgot about

What are they talking about then for so long ?
More jobs Going maybe ?

Didn’t they ballot us because the legally binding four pillars agreement was broken ?;
Wasn’t there executive action that caused 600 disagreements to go in ?
Wasn’t this all apparently one certain top executives fault
I was believing we were really on the cusp of something quite amazing

Where exactly are we with all this

The hour from 38 to 37, due to be implemented in October 2019, failed to transpire.
From the 4 pillars agreement;
"In the context of our shared vision to achieve the 35 hour working week it is agreed our joint commitment is that
this will be completed by 2022, and before that date where further reductions are agreed in connection with
technological and operation change and pay reviews."

The pay rise (April 2020) is indeed a separate issue but appears to be at the forefront of the agenda as something that can be resolved.

The pensions issue has not been forgotten about. If you read the pension forum you will see the CDC scheme is halfway through the legislative process & on track to be in place around April 2021.

28 Jul 2020, 17:51

SpacePhoenix wrote:Dingo/Martin Walsh can you confirm if having all the reps walk out for an hour would be enough to keep the ballot live?

does this extend the ballot beyond the 6 months validity though? its due to expire in September. so do we have to ballot again?

28 Jul 2020, 19:37

daveyeff wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:Dingo/Martin Walsh can you confirm if having all the reps walk out for an hour would be enough to keep the ballot live?

does this extend the ballot beyond the 6 months validity though? its due to expire in September. so do we have to ballot again?

Just googled, looks like a ballot can stay alive for an absolute maximum of 9 months. Any extension after 6 months upto the maximum of 9 months has to be agreeed between the union and the employer (can you see RM agreeing to extend it, i can't) so it's almost certain that the union will have to do a fres ballot after the 17th September (last ballot result was announced on the 17th March). From the last one:

http://www.cwu.org/wp-content/uploads/2 ... table1.pdf

No.059/204thFebruary 2020Dear Colleague,Four Pillars -Honouring our Agreement: Industrial ActionBallotTimetable Further to theNational Briefing held onTuesday 17thDecember 2019 and the update provided in LTB 30/20 circulated in January, the Postal Executive met today to discuss a ballot timetable for Industrial Action to support the CWU’sstrategygoing forward in respect of the ongoing dispute with Royal Mail Group. Working in close consultation with the SDGS Department, the Postal Executive endorsed the following ballot timetable for all appropriate CWU grades in the Royal Mail Group:
Membership Verification: to commence 6thFebruary 2020 and be completed by 20thFebruary 2020.
Issue Industrial Action Notice to Ballot: 25thFebruary 2020.
Ballot Opens: 3rdMarch 2020.
Ballot Closes:17thMarch 2020.
Ballot Result: 17thMarch 2020.

Based on that a fresh ballot process would mean no strikes before sometime around the start of November (and that's assuming that RM doesn't get it thrown out in court)

29 Jul 2020, 16:54

well ive heard that they have just decided to have chocolate biscuits instead of custard creams :cuppa ,so where getting closer now :crazy: so thats nearly another month off the i.a ballot :arrrghhh

29 Jul 2020, 17:38

worktotime wrote:well ive heard that they have just decided to have chocolate biscuits instead of custard creams :cuppa ,so where getting closer now :crazy: so thats nearly another month off the i.a ballot :arrrghhh

Same old CWU , clocks ticking , the guns loaded but nobody's got the balls to pull the trigger ! Come on Terry put your big words into practice .

29 Jul 2020, 17:41

TheTrolleyMan wrote:
worktotime wrote:well ive heard that they have just decided to have chocolate biscuits instead of custard creams :cuppa ,so where getting closer now :crazy: so thats nearly another month off the i.a ballot :arrrghhh

Same old CWU , clocks ticking , the guns loaded but nobody's got the balls to pull the trigger ! Come on Terry put your big words into practice .

to right :thumbup

29 Jul 2020, 18:37

The big question is, with the covid situation, could the government theoretically block a strike?

29 Jul 2020, 18:51

SpacePhoenix wrote:The big question is, with the covid situation, could the government theoretically block a strike?

why ? as most people are back at work , shops , pubs etc have reopened so to be honest what difference do we make now ? and if the government was that interested in us they should take us back under them and the public ownership.

29 Jul 2020, 19:06

worktotime wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:The big question is, with the covid situation, could the government theoretically block a strike?

why ? as most people are back at work , shops , pubs etc have reopened so to be honest what difference do we make now ? and if the government was that interested in us they should take us back under them and the public ownership.

I guess you've not seen in the news that Boris is worried about a potential second wave in a couple of weeks

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2