not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Jobs adverts attendance patterns

19 Jul 2020, 11:06

I’ve noticed that the few jobs advertised by Royal Mail lately mostly ask for flexibility and that although the main hours are afternoon starts till 8pm might be required to start And finish anywhere between 7am and 8pm. I’m assuming that they’re getting ready to have new staff available to cover new shift patterns that most existing staff won’t want to cover, might suit some i suppose.

20 Jul 2020, 08:27

Fixed term contracts until end of June 2021 as well.

20 Jul 2020, 21:35

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:Fixed term contracts until end of June 2021 as well.

Yeh just found one for my office on indeed for 1pm till 6pm, something has surely been agreed behind the scenes, hopefully we’ll get put in the picture soon enough

21 Jul 2020, 16:18

Manboat wrote:

Yeh just found one for my office on indeed for 1pm till 6pm, something has surely been agreed behind the scenes, hopefully we’ll get put in the picture soon enough

If it is the same one i noticed it was for Deliveries , do you currently have any deliveries at those times

21 Jul 2020, 18:32

wallan wrote:
Manboat wrote:

If it is the same one i noticed it was for Deliveries , do you currently have any deliveries at those times

No all deliveries finish about 3 and rurals 4, if I remember right maybe 1 or 2 people were doing late parcels on overtime at the beginning of the year but don’t think there was that many and it was possibly for a trial, hardly anyone in our place is or still aren’t willing to start later during covid 19 so won’t get many volunteers for later starts if that’s what they’re after

21 Jul 2020, 19:59

If this is the future,offer me permanent lates Mon-Fri & I’d accept it in a heartbeat. My kids are grown up hence the school run days are long gone. I’m FT & in the top half of the seniority ,so would hope to get a semi-decent duty (fingers crossed)

21 Jul 2020, 20:39

Cedar_Room wrote:If this is the future,offer me permanent lates Mon-Fri & I’d accept it in a heartbeat. My kids are grown up hence the school run days are long gone. I’m FT & in the top half of the seniority ,so would hope to get a semi-decent duty (fingers crossed)

It Will appeal to some I suppose

23 Jul 2020, 16:34

Manboat wrote:
Cedar_Room wrote:If this is the future,offer me permanent lates Mon-Fri & I’d accept it in a heartbeat. My kids are grown up hence the school run days are long gone. I’m FT & in the top half of the seniority ,so would hope to get a semi-decent duty (fingers crossed)

It Will appeal to some I suppose

I Wonder if the reason all these new jobs advertised have a fixed term contract of next June is to do with it maybe taking till about then to get the uso changed or to give staff notice of shift changes or even to give non driving staff the time to learn to drive( can and want to work for Royal Mail. Obviously I’m just guessing here but there must be a big reason why they’re all to that date, any other ideas anyone

24 Jul 2020, 07:42

They will need them for christmas and then after corona we all know its gona change maybe radically,is it not easier to have short term contracts cuts all the bull when the time comes for cutting jobs.

24 Jul 2020, 08:25

richietns wrote:They will need them for christmas and then after corona we all know its gona change maybe radically,is it not easier to have short term contracts cuts all the bull when the time comes for cutting jobs.

It’s a move towards a 3 tier workforce:

Full timers
Part timers
Fixed term contractors

24 Jul 2020, 19:34

it's gotta happen one day, all other couriers deliver upto 9pm, most 7pm
royal mail finishing at 3pm or whatever is waaaayyyy behind

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1