not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Balanced Week

22 Aug 2020, 00:13

RICARD020191962 wrote:I wouldn't know how easy or difficult it would be to get on the late shift because I've never considered it. What I do know for a fact is that if I did come in late after all the sorting was done I would work 1.5 hours less per day as a fulltime employee than I used to pre Covid. That's how it is at my DO , not saying it's replicated nationwide, it's just how it is up here.

Opposite at my DO. I'm the only one in my DO doing 9:30 starts, just means I'm out on delivery for 7 hrs instead of 4.5 hrs. There's so many jobs failing that there's always something left to do.

Balanced Week

26 Aug 2020, 22:41

Balancing the week will never happen when, Monday you get done in time. Tuesday you book, Wednesday it's through the roof and you have to cull to get back for collections. It isn't only the DOMs who can't balance the workload. Mail centres need a good looking at and their bonuses should be binned.

Balanced Week

26 Aug 2020, 23:06

heapsy wrote:Mail centres need a good looking at and their bonuses should be binned.

We don't have any control over when a customer posts or how much mail they post. The only mail that gets held is mail that fails when we run out of time. Managers are always monitoring throughputs

Balanced Week

27 Aug 2020, 07:34

If that's so, then balancing the week is impossible. Even so, bonuses shouldn't be being paid in these times. Delivery get nothing but ear ache when its busy and we are booking.

Balanced Week

27 Aug 2020, 09:29

the beautiful bd south wrote:I bet its really difficult getting on the late shift then, as it sounds great. Once again I bet the dreaded 'seniority' means all the old timers get first dibs, and the poor newbies have to stick to starting early in the morning, so unfair........

We where all newbies once...[/quote]

I see you're in processing so you probably can't appreciate my sarcasm in this post, virtually no-one wants/wanted to do a later start. Even some of those who have legitimate shielding situations prefer/ed to take their chances in the IPS free-for-all, because it gets/got them home in time for Countdown.

Balanced Week

27 Aug 2020, 10:08

RICARD020191962 wrote:I wouldn't know how easy or difficult it would be to get on the late shift because I've never considered it. What I do know for a fact is that if I did come in late after all the sorting was done I would work 1.5 hours less per day as a fulltime employee than I used to pre Covid. That's how it is at my DO , not saying it's replicated nationwide, it's just how it is up here.

Well if that's the case why don't you consider it, if you're making 1.5 hours a day?

The blokes on the afternoons are reducing the number of bodies in the office, helping to make it safer.

Helping to make the single occupancy van usage more viable.

Fighting against possible time constraints placed upon them by having to complete Collections on Del within certain deadlines.

Having to deal with Numpties constantly asking why you are so late today, as you pass them their them one piece of unsolicited advertising material (that they can't act upon because the business is shut at present).

Are probably motivated by wanting to reduce the risk of contaminating family with a potentially life threatening illness.

You'd do well to focus on you're on lot rather than worrying about what others are getting away with, otherwise, as a RM employee you run the risk of adversely affecting your mental health. But if you do want to be a crusader for unfairness there are a lot more worthy campaigns to initiate.

regards

Balanced Week

27 Aug 2020, 10:35

clashcityrocker wrote:

Unless overtime is being put in to cover these people, aren't they just proving that they don't really have full time jobs.

Well no because offices were failing. It's management's failure if they can't resource accordingly if there is no IPS left when a FTer arrives for his later start. Although I think you have to cut them a bit of slack, they were operating in a potentially life threatening situation having to manage some characters whose intransigence over being moved from one frame to another is normally the cause for major histrionics.
I think its fair to say at that time they were just getting by.

regards

Balanced Week

28 Aug 2020, 21:17

Wow ! Didn't expect that kind of frenzied response Mickeymacca. As I always say on this forum I respect everyone's opinion and perspective even if I don't concur with the claptrap they spout. I did recognize the attempt at sarcasm and chose to ignore it, hopefully you will reciprocate and disregard being patronised by someone who actually knows the scenario being played out in my DO rather than just guessing at how things are in comparison to how you might perceive them to be, regards.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2