not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Head office meeting

12 Jul 2020, 18:42

When was this hectically busy time with loads of letters? all I have heard about the past is that it was incredibly easy and posties miss those days.

I would say 1995-2005 was peak letters and it was very busy most days but the duties were smaller and there wasn't really job and finish other than a Saturday so if your delivery ran on a bit it just meant someone else had to do your 2nd delivery or you weren't back early enough to do the ASAP for the next day, there was very little extended delivery overtime but plenty of other hours to be had.

It wasn't a piece of piss by any means and we grumbled just the same as we do now but there was less pressure and management harassment.

My hours were 0430-1130 6 days a week.
We were usually out on the street 0645 and done by around 0930-1000 then back to the office for break then seconds or sorting for the non-drivers.

Saturday it was one and done and back home for 9-ish. :left:

Head office meeting

12 Jul 2020, 20:46

Woody Guthrie wrote:
When was this hectically busy time with loads of letters? all I have heard about the past is that it was incredibly easy and posties miss those days.

I would say 1995-2005 was peak letters and it was very busy most days but the duties were smaller and there wasn't really job and finish other than a Saturday so if your delivery ran on a bit it just meant someone else had to do your 2nd delivery or you weren't back early enough to do the ASAP for the next day, there was very little extended delivery overtime but plenty of other hours to be had.

It wasn't a piece of piss by any means and we grumbled just the same as we do now but there was less pressure and management harassment.

My hours were 0430-1130 6 days a week.
We were usually out on the street 0645 and done by around 0930-1000 then back to the office for break then seconds or sorting for the non-drivers.

Saturday it was one and done and back home for 9-ish. :left:

1965 , Walk & a Half Second Post , Football Coupons Every Couple of Weeks , Readers Digest Mags , Holiday Time Boxes of Kippers from Gt Yarmouth
Postman / Postwomen not on full pay until 28 yrs old

Head office meeting

12 Jul 2020, 21:29

Woody Guthrie wrote:Saturday it was one and done and back home for 9-ish. :left:

Back then all DOs rolled over all MS3 over to Mondays but now it gets done on Saturdays (what little there is left, just about all that used to come through as MS3 now comes through as DSA)

Head office meeting

12 Jul 2020, 21:36

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:Saturday it was one and done and back home for 9-ish. :left:

Back then all DOs rolled over all MS3 over to Mondays but now it gets done on Saturdays (what little there is left, just about all that used to come through as MS3 now comes through as DSA)

Back in the early 90s it wasn't even called MS3 it was just ASAP, it came in on Monday and we had the whole week to deliver it so we made sure there was none left by Saturday. That was of course in the days before the clear office policy.

Head office meeting

12 Jul 2020, 23:04

exaandt wrote:Had head office here today telling us how great we are !!!!
Then in the next breath told 25000 postman will need to be got rid off !!!
We gone from 330 million profite to 1 million lose a week ?
We according to management are to blame .
Really!
LOL thank you royal mail
Glad I have done over 30 years for a firm that now is in the toilet of firms a laughing stock.

Have any other depots had the same thing? people coming in to speak to Posties about the company and 25k posties jobs being on the line?

Head office meeting

18 Jul 2020, 20:36

Piss poor leadership and that starts with the CEO and the worst we had was the last incumbent who deiced in their wisdom to implement a 2nd class increase in prices a week before what they could do what kind of tool of CEO is that and get us find piss poor leaders. Leadership is an art it is not something you gain in oxford or Cambridge or GLS!

Head office meeting

21 Jul 2020, 14:37

I started 97 and the wages were poor, very poor, the fact we made so much time in the job kinda counteracted it.
2000 the way forward and 2003 SDD (Single Day Delivery) changed everything including wages which went up by quite a bit.

I think in those good days and the years with the poor wages probably hid our inefficiencies, the RM board in those days must of been extremely s**t.
Then came along the likes of Leighton and proper business men who wanted their pound of flesh and probably looked at the business and thought wtf is going on here.
I do remember a quote from either Leighton or Crozier that they couldn't believe we got paid extra for D2d's, you know, we do our job , we do a bit extra, In duty time! and get fecking paid extra for it.

Head office meeting

21 Jul 2020, 16:03

POSTMAN wrote:I do remember a quote from either Leighton or Crozier that they couldn't believe we got paid extra for D2d's, you know, we do our job , we do a bit extra, In duty time! and get fecking paid extra for it.

Yet happy for managers getting bonuses for doing the jobs they have been told to do

Head office meeting

22 Jul 2020, 12:26

SpacePhoenix wrote:
norris9 wrote:
grchpo wrote:How much profit did we make last year, now we are losing a million a day. I think people are being conned by these figures, just like letters are down by 33%. Not in our office , they must have made a mistake somewhere or is it deliberate ???????

If it's a fact that RM are losing £1million per day I assume it's due to investing in new technology, new electric vans, sorting machines.... ?

Equal and sensible size rounds will make things more efficient.
Better info given to people being sent out blind so they can be more efficient.
Stop bullying and harassment, surely this loses the company money, not gains the company money as people will go off with stress or quit and then RM have to train up someone else.
Happier Posties will also make them more willing to go the extra mile. I find that managers lie to Posties and then Posties lie to managers and won't take extra post even if they think they can as they can't stand the manager due to their lies and harassment. It's a vicious circle which doesn't help anyone.

All the above is simple to fix. Just do it.

How often do walk logs get updated, with things like the layout of the loops, the order that loops are done in, hazards like lose dogs, codes for entrances, etc? I wouldn't be surprised if there are some DOs where the walk logs haven't been updated at all for over a decade

Some DOs don't keep their A+ up to date, you just need a bulk posting like council tax to see which DOs are the worst at keeping their A+ up to date, when you're running a batch on a CSS and you get a massive wad of them go straight to stacker 20 when the addresses aren't on A+

But that could be down to the local council. We had a bulk mailing this week, and the council sent roughly a 1000 letters to addresses that have been approved but net yet built. :left:

Head office meeting

22 Jul 2020, 15:10

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:But that could be down to the local council. We had a bulk mailing this week, and the council sent roughly a 1000 letters to addresses that have been approved but net yet built. :left:

Electoral Register? The local council here has been sending them out. When bulk postings like Electoral Register come out, you can potentially fill stacker 20 on a CSS

Head office meeting

25 Jul 2020, 02:01

POSTMAN wrote:I started 97 and the wages were poor, very poor, the fact we made so much time in the job kinda counteracted it.
2000 the way forward and 2003 SDD (Single Day Delivery) changed everything including wages which went up by quite a bit.

I think in those good days and the years with the poor wages probably hid our inefficiencies, the RM board in those days must of been extremely s**t.
Then came along the likes of Leighton and proper business men who wanted their pound of flesh and probably looked at the business and thought wtf is going on here.
I do remember a quote from either Leighton or Crozier that they couldn't believe we got paid extra for D2d's, you know, we do our job , we do a bit extra, In duty time! and get fecking paid extra for it.

It has now got to stage they get paid and is is this my swiss account and they say what is that for it is the 2nd class bonus payment but I am not 2nd class I want 1st class and demand more for nothing globalist clowns!

Head office meeting

25 Jul 2020, 19:26

k979aaa wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:I started 97 and the wages were poor, very poor, the fact we made so much time in the job kinda counteracted it.

It has now got to stage they get paid and is is this my swiss account and they say what is that for it is the 2nd class bonus payment but I am not 2nd class I want 1st class and demand more for nothing globalist clowns!

Wtf :crazy:

Head office meeting

08 Aug 2020, 04:36

aiden01 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:

Think so the only people who will get a big pay rise this year are the global 500 CEO'S and their few minions and that is on the back of cuts of a thousand slashes everything is a joke to you till it hits you in the face is it not aiden01.

Head office meeting

08 Aug 2020, 11:34

k979aaa wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:

Think so the only people who will get a big pay rise this year are the global 500 CEO'S and their few minions and that is on the back of cuts of a thousand slashes everything is a joke to you till it hits you in the face is it not aiden01.

Only thing that is funny is your ramblings that nobody understands. :wave

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2