not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Head office meeting

07 Jul 2020, 20:01

Had head office here today telling us how great we are !!!!
Then in the next breath told 25000 postman will need to be got rid off !!!
We gone from 330 million profite to 1 million lose a week ?
We according to management are to blame .
Really!
LOL thank you royal mail
Glad I have done over 30 years for a firm that now is in the toilet of firms a laughing stock.

Head office meeting

07 Jul 2020, 20:50

And what reason did they give for the 25000?

Head office meeting

07 Jul 2020, 20:58

Cut backs will save money but no compulsory redundancy lol
He stated that senior managers had no bonus lol

Head office meeting

07 Jul 2020, 21:00

Letters down 33%
Parcels up 33%
Lol

Head office meeting

07 Jul 2020, 21:01

Deliveries? Mail Centres? Collections? Network?

Or all of the above?

Head office meeting

07 Jul 2020, 21:04

All of the above
We have lost or mec machines and now all done in major hub si no night shift eeither

Head office meeting

08 Jul 2020, 05:10

The one thing that really irks me and I’m sure others is the way senior management continually blame postmen for the company’s ills. They are the ones making the decisions that’s why they earn the big bucks. They are the ones who over the last 8/10 years have told everyone that letters are dead and have actively played their part in encouraging the public to believe that. They chased the parcels dream in telling everyone that “ there’s no money in letters, parcels is where we need to be to earn the money”.Now we’re in their favoured position its “ there’s no money in parcels, letters is where the money is”. They are the ones to blame for those decisions and statements. Again it’s down to the people at the top not understanding their business, their customers or the institution they are in charge of. They are negligent!!! Sure we’re not innocent and it must be difficult to control such a large workforce which is why they should work closely with the union but as we know they have sought to ostracise us.

Head office meeting

08 Jul 2020, 08:46

Letters are declining so "lets put their prices up"????

Head office meeting

08 Jul 2020, 19:38

exaandt wrote:Letters down 33%
Parcels up 33%
Lol

Yeah but letters down 33% doesn't save that much time but packets up 33% cost a heck of a lot of time and time is money. If the margins are so small on parcels, remember it's an incredibly competitive market, then that's the reason we are losing £1m a day. In other words the business model is buggered!

Head office meeting

08 Jul 2020, 19:40

A sizeable chunk of what goes through the system as a small packet are technically large letters

Head office meeting

09 Jul 2020, 09:51

exaandt wrote:We according to management are to blame .
Really!
LOL thank you royal mail

How did they say that exactly? Absolutely shocking if they did.
The problems that any company have usually always stem from the top and work their way down. RM has been far too slow to adapt to the changing markets and are now reaping the consequences. How can this be blamed on the workforce?

Head office meeting

09 Jul 2020, 16:37

How much profit did we make last year, now we are losing a million a day. I think people are being conned by these figures, just like letters are down by 33%. Not in our office , they must have made a mistake somewhere or is it deliberate ???????

Head office meeting

09 Jul 2020, 17:04

grchpo wrote:How much profit did we make last year, now we are losing a million a day. I think people are being conned by these figures, just like letters are down by 33%. Not in our office , they must have made a mistake somewhere or is it deliberate ???????

Go into any Mail Centre and speak to the staff there and they will tell you letter volumes, particularly Downstream Access, are massively down and still declining. Why else would they be removing CSS machines and closing down MPU's? It's not a con it's reality.

Head office meeting

09 Jul 2020, 18:28

Steve_claret wrote:
grchpo wrote:How much profit did we make last year, now we are losing a million a day. I think people are being conned by these figures, just like letters are down by 33%. Not in our office , they must have made a mistake somewhere or is it deliberate ???????

Go into any Mail Centre and speak to the staff there and they will tell you letter volumes, particularly Downstream Access, are massively down and still declining. Why else would they be removing CSS machines and closing down MPU's? It's not a con it's reality.

I hate to agree but letter/mail volumes are down, the amount of mail coming into our office recently has been dramatically reduced.....HOWEVER the argument I constantly have is that call rate hasn't.. Where we were going to houses with 5 or 6 items we are now only going with say 1 or 2 BUT with the way they are building we are having hundreds of extra delivery points being added every year. These still get the D2D and the TV license, Council Tax, Water etc etc. So while we are delivering less volume we are covering a greater area and this takes more time.

Head office meeting

10 Jul 2020, 20:51

Yes they actually said that front line postal operatives are to blame .
They tried to explain that letters will never be back to anything like they were .
They did state that no compulsory redundancy so I guess either natural wastage or fed up post operatives leaving

Head office meeting

10 Jul 2020, 21:31

Steve_claret wrote:

Sometimes with wave 2 on the mech, you'll get a 16 walk batch with only 1 box of mail for the entire batch, tbqf it's not really worth the bother of even running that was walk sort

Head office meeting

11 Jul 2020, 20:24

Steve_claret wrote:

Time to think of One Class of item , Next Day Delivery in the Collecting M C Post Code Area,s , Day after the rest
Outward Sortation , One selection both Manual / Mech for the receiving M C ,
Outward Despatches to be timed to give an arrival time at the Inward M C no later than 10 pm , when the night shift start they have there nights work available

Head office meeting

12 Jul 2020, 16:32

exaandt wrote:Yes they actually said that front line postal operatives are to blame .
They tried to explain that letters will never be back to anything like they were .
They did state that no compulsory redundancy so I guess either natural wastage or fed up post operatives leaving

What I don't understand is..... I always hear Posties talk about the good old days, out on their bikes, having tea and coffee with Mildred and then home by midday.....

When was this hectically busy time with loads of letters? all I have heard about the past is that it was incredibly easy and posties miss those days.

On average I work my time and have the post/parcels to deliver to average a 2pm finish. There is plenty to deliver. Light days are equalled out with heavy days.

If managers aren't doing anything about the easy rounds and just allowing Posties to job and finish then what are they doing? Make everyone's round big enough.

Head office meeting

12 Jul 2020, 16:42

If it's a fact that RM are losing £1million per day I assume it's due to investing in new technology, new electric vans, sorting machines.... ?

Equal and sensible size rounds will make things more efficient.
Better info given to people being sent out blind so they can be more efficient.
Stop bullying and harassment, surely this loses the company money, not gains the company money as people will go off with stress or quit and then RM have to train up someone else.
Happier Posties will also make them more willing to go the extra mile. I find that managers lie to Posties and then Posties lie to managers and won't take extra post even if they think they can as they can't stand the manager due to their lies and harassment. It's a vicious circle which doesn't help anyone.

All the above is simple to fix. Just do it.

Head office meeting

12 Jul 2020, 17:36

norris9 wrote:

If it's a fact that RM are losing £1million per day I assume it's due to investing in new technology, new electric vans, sorting machines.... ?

Equal and sensible size rounds will make things more efficient.
Better info given to people being sent out blind so they can be more efficient.
Stop bullying and harassment, surely this loses the company money, not gains the company money as people will go off with stress or quit and then RM have to train up someone else.
Happier Posties will also make them more willing to go the extra mile. I find that managers lie to Posties and then Posties lie to managers and won't take extra post even if they think they can as they can't stand the manager due to their lies and harassment. It's a vicious circle which doesn't help anyone.

All the above is simple to fix. Just do it.

How often do walk logs get updated, with things like the layout of the loops, the order that loops are done in, hazards like lose dogs, codes for entrances, etc? I wouldn't be surprised if there are some DOs where the walk logs haven't been updated at all for over a decade

Some DOs don't keep their A+ up to date, you just need a bulk posting like council tax to see which DOs are the worst at keeping their A+ up to date, when you're running a batch on a CSS and you get a massive wad of them go straight to stacker 20 when the addresses aren't on A+

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2