not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



5PM tonight : JOINT STATEMENT BETWEEN ROYAL MAIL GROUP AND THE COMMUNICATION WORKERS UNION

02 Jul 2020, 18:49

My reply gave the latest update in response to the 2nd hour. I have re-posted for you to read again as perhaps you mis-understood the relevance of my post


The reply you gave was already contained in the first and third posts on this thread.

Nothing in it answers the question which was asked which in case you misunderstood it was when or even if we'll ever get the second hour.

Relevance?

5PM tonight : JOINT STATEMENT BETWEEN ROYAL MAIL GROUP AND THE COMMUNICATION WORKERS UNION

02 Jul 2020, 19:17

wallan wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
Munchboii wrote:I hear lots of rhetoric about letters being down but thats been happening since at least 2007. I am not hearing any solutions!!

How about giving customers like Marks and spencers/adiddas/ new look ect the ability to mail shot all customers within the last 2 years with advertising mail such as catalogues or deals. And instead of charging the full price, just charge them 33-50% of the normal cost? Would this not be a good way of winning back contracts from Hermes/DPD if they know that they can advertise cheaply through Royal Mail as part of the parcel contract??

Or am I just being silly? I feel like there are lots of solutions to the mail volumes problem!


Not a bad shout, could even offer large company’s who moved their parcels business back to us a free d2d run say every 6 months. There are plenty of things that are rivals couldn’t offer.

We can't even cope with the workload we have now. We are busy as fxxk and still losing a million squid a day. What makes you think taking on more work for less money than it costs us ,as a loss leader, would make things better? The simple facts are, the margins are so tight on the pkts and thats what takes us the longest time to process , transport, sort and deliver, that on the surface it looks like we're doing well, but we make f all profit. The letters are dropping, we know how to do these and fast now CSS mech mail is the norm, but it's too late really. To save the business I reckon we need to go to delivering letters only 3 times a week and have dedicated parcel delivery again. Yes, this will mean 5 day week for most and no day off covers which is a lot of job losses, but without it , the company is screwd and we'll all lose our jobs. 30k redundancies with 52wk pay offs should be what the CWU should be negotiating. I would say 30k posties would be happy with that and the other 100k would have a job and a chance..

You have to look at one class of Letter ( Standard Class ) next day delivery with in the Collecting Mail Center Postcode Area , day after in the rest of the UK

I'm sure we used to process intra-mail (posted and going to the area covered by the MC) flats and letters separately as well as packets (which definitely were sorted separately). Anyone who's been with RM long enough might remember the pink york header labels and pink bag labels

5PM tonight : JOINT STATEMENT BETWEEN ROYAL MAIL GROUP AND THE COMMUNICATION WORKERS UNION

02 Jul 2020, 19:28

SpacePhoenix wrote:
wallan wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
Munchboii wrote:I hear lots of rhetoric about letters being down but thats been happening since at least 2007. I am not hearing any solutions!!

How about giving customers like Marks and spencers/adiddas/ new look ect the ability to mail shot all customers within the last 2 years with advertising mail such as catalogues or deals. And instead of charging the full price, just charge them 33-50% of the normal cost? Would this not be a good way of winning back contracts from Hermes/DPD if they know that they can advertise cheaply through Royal Mail as part of the parcel contract??

Or am I just being silly? I feel like there are lots of solutions to the mail volumes problem!


Not a bad shout, could even offer large company’s who moved their parcels business back to us a free d2d run say every 6 months. There are plenty of things that are rivals couldn’t offer.

We can't even cope with the workload we have now. We are busy as fxxk and still losing a million squid a day. What makes you think taking on more work for less money than it costs us ,as a loss leader, would make things better? The simple facts are, the margins are so tight on the pkts and thats what takes us the longest time to process , transport, sort and deliver, that on the surface it looks like we're doing well, but we make f all profit. The letters are dropping, we know how to do these and fast now CSS mech mail is the norm, but it's too late really. To save the business I reckon we need to go to delivering letters only 3 times a week and have dedicated parcel delivery again. Yes, this will mean 5 day week for most and no day off covers which is a lot of job losses, but without it , the company is screwd and we'll all lose our jobs. 30k redundancies with 52wk pay offs should be what the CWU should be negotiating. I would say 30k posties would be happy with that and the other 100k would have a job and a chance..

You have to look at one class of Letter ( Standard Class ) next day delivery with in the Collecting Mail Center Postcode Area , day after in the rest of the UK

I'm sure we used to process intra-mail (posted and going to the area covered by the MC) flats and letters separately as well as packets (which definitely were sorted separately). Anyone who's been with RM long enough might remember the pink york header labels and pink bag labels


And Neighbouring in by Mdt

5PM tonight : JOINT STATEMENT BETWEEN ROYAL MAIL GROUP AND THE COMMUNICATION WORKERS UNION

03 Jul 2020, 17:09

Woody Guthrie wrote:
My reply gave the latest update in response to the 2nd hour. I have re-posted for you to read again as perhaps you mis-understood the relevance of my post


The reply you gave was already contained in the first and third posts on this thread.



Incorrect. The point 2. was taken from this topic by Martin Walsh
"Joint statement now let's get into the real negotiations"

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 69&t=96624

5PM tonight : JOINT STATEMENT BETWEEN ROYAL MAIL GROUP AND THE COMMUNICATION WORKERS UNION

03 Jul 2020, 18:46

rogersh wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:
My reply gave the latest update in response to the 2nd hour. I have re-posted for you to read again as perhaps you mis-understood the relevance of my post


The reply you gave was already contained in the first and third posts on this thread.



Incorrect. The point 2. was taken from this topic by Martin Walsh
"Joint statement now let's get into the real negotiations"

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 69&t=96624


Point is and still is...

Nothing in it answers the question which was asked which in case you misunderstood it was when or even if we'll ever get the second hour.

Previous page Next page


Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3