not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

5PM tonight : JOINT STATEMENT BETWEEN ROYAL MAIL GROUP AND THE COMMUNICATION WORKERS UNION

01 Jul 2020, 19:27

A2B wrote:
worktotime wrote:
A2B wrote:
worktotime wrote:i thought they have been talking to get an agreement in the 6 weeks we have been kept in the dark ? , thats another 2 months of our live I/A ballot gone . :arrrghhh

There wasn't and isn't going to be a strike, look at the UK outside RM, wouldn't be too many RM members supporting strike action and even less support from the public

so why did we bother doing another ballot ? if we was never going to use it :crazy: .

The world has changed a hell of a lot since the ballot

yes and so has the job .

5PM tonight : JOINT STATEMENT BETWEEN ROYAL MAIL GROUP AND THE COMMUNICATION WORKERS UNION

01 Jul 2020, 19:44

FirstPost wrote:can someone post the video? :thumbup

https://cwue5.org/2020/07/01/dave-ward- ... mg-1-7-20/

01 Jul 2020, 20:05

01 Jul 2020, 20:08

Munchboii wrote:I hear lots of rhetoric about letters being down but thats been happening since at least 2007. I am not hearing any solutions!!

How about giving customers like Marks and spencers/adiddas/ new look ect the ability to mail shot all customers within the last 2 years with advertising mail such as catalogues or deals. And instead of charging the full price, just charge them 33-50% of the normal cost? Would this not be a good way of winning back contracts from Hermes/DPD if they know that they can advertise cheaply through Royal Mail as part of the parcel contract??

Or am I just being silly? I feel like there are lots of solutions to the mail volumes problem!

Not a bad shout, could even offer large company’s who moved their parcels business back to us a free d2d run say every 6 months. There are plenty of things that are rivals couldn’t offer.

01 Jul 2020, 20:24

worktotime wrote:
A2B wrote:
worktotime wrote:
A2B wrote:
worktotime wrote:i thought they have been talking to get an agreement in the 6 weeks we have been kept in the dark ? , thats another 2 months of our live I/A ballot gone . :arrrghhh

There wasn't and isn't going to be a strike, look at the UK outside RM, wouldn't be too many RM members supporting strike action and even less support from the public

so why did we bother doing another ballot ? if we was never going to use it :crazy: .

The world has changed a hell of a lot since the ballot

yes and so has the job .

Well get ready for more change because it's coming and by the sounds of it we won't have long to wait

01 Jul 2020, 20:33

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
Munchboii wrote:I hear lots of rhetoric about letters being down but thats been happening since at least 2007. I am not hearing any solutions!!

How about giving customers like Marks and spencers/adiddas/ new look ect the ability to mail shot all customers within the last 2 years with advertising mail such as catalogues or deals. And instead of charging the full price, just charge them 33-50% of the normal cost? Would this not be a good way of winning back contracts from Hermes/DPD if they know that they can advertise cheaply through Royal Mail as part of the parcel contract??

Or am I just being silly? I feel like there are lots of solutions to the mail volumes problem!

Not a bad shout, could even offer large company’s who moved their parcels business back to us a free d2d run say every 6 months. There are plenty of things that are rivals couldn’t offer.

We can't even cope with the workload we have now. We are busy as fxxk and still losing a million squid a day. What makes you think taking on more work for less money than it costs us ,as a loss leader, would make things better? The simple facts are, the margins are so tight on the pkts and thats what takes us the longest time to process , transport, sort and deliver, that on the surface it looks like we're doing well, but we make f all profit. The letters are dropping, we know how to do these and fast now CSS mech mail is the norm, but it's too late really. To save the business I reckon we need to go to delivering letters only 3 times a week and have dedicated parcel delivery again. Yes, this will mean 5 day week for most and no day off covers which is a lot of job losses, but without it , the company is screwd and we'll all lose our jobs. 30k redundancies with 52wk pay offs should be what the CWU should be negotiating. I would say 30k posties would be happy with that and the other 100k would have a job and a chance..

01 Jul 2020, 20:42

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:

If marketing mail is the future which we are being led to believe then we need to offer our big customers deals like these. FFS we have the capability why isnt it being utilised. It would be a win win for parcels and letters!! :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

01 Jul 2020, 21:22

hang on a minute someone suggesting we take vr with 1 years pay when we have a current deal where we receive 2 years that's not a good start bloody hell we might as well accept 30 hour contracts as well . I for one would be very pist off if at least the 1st wave of vrs don't receive the current arrangements that are in place :roll:

01 Jul 2020, 22:01

The 30k redundancy’s stated above paid with only one year as suggested and assuming full timers would cost £727 million but it would cost more than that when legal fees etc are taken into account. Chuck in the £150 mil on 2000 managers and then surely some more as you could reduce other managers and it becomes staggering.

01 Jul 2020, 22:17

fair enough but if management get there own way they will be making a mint long term and they know it so union have to put up a decent fight for terms and conditions for those who leave and stay :neutral:

02 Jul 2020, 01:10

Everything is pointing to an absolute shafting imo

02 Jul 2020, 01:11

second hour off the working week has disappeered then ( third in total ).

02 Jul 2020, 01:25

teesdale wrote:second hour off the working week has disappeered then ( third in total ).

Yes when do we get the 2nd hour then .

02 Jul 2020, 01:52

dav1524 wrote:
teesdale wrote:second hour off the working week has disappeered then ( third in total ).

You've probably got more chance of winning £100m on the Euromillions than of us ever getting the 2nd hour

02 Jul 2020, 08:31

SpacePhoenix wrote:
dav1524 wrote:

You've probably got more chance of winning £100m on the Euromillions than of us ever getting the 2nd hour

However the company has now agreed the following up front

2. That the Four Pillars values and intent is still in play. This commits the company to the principle of the 35 hour gross working week without loss to pay or meal relief.

02 Jul 2020, 08:49

Are the three parcel hubs still going ahead as this was one of the main things the CWU was against?

02 Jul 2020, 09:19

Deadly wrote:Are the three parcel hubs still going ahead as this was one of the main things the CWU was against?

Without them you cannot accept items into the system at Mdt (ish) for next day delivery

02 Jul 2020, 09:39

rogersh wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
dav1524 wrote:

2. That the Four Pillars values and intent is still in play. This commits the company to the principle of the 35 hour gross working week without loss to pay or meal relief.

We can all read on here Roger.
Royal Mail have always contended that they have followed the principles of the Four Pillars agreement and that the reason the second hour has not materialised is that the union has blocked efficiency and productivity improvements that were supposed to pay for it.

So given that context what does this "statement of intent" actually mean?

We're more a discussion forum on here rather than just a copy and paste of the CWU Facebook page, unlike there all opinions are welcome.

02 Jul 2020, 09:46

rambo1 wrote:
Grumpyoldmailman wrote:

We can't even cope with the workload we have now. We are busy as fxxk and still losing a million squid a day. What makes you think taking on more work for less money than it costs us ,as a loss leader, would make things better? The simple facts are, the margins are so tight on the pkts and thats what takes us the longest time to process , transport, sort and deliver, that on the surface it looks like we're doing well, but we make f all profit. The letters are dropping, we know how to do these and fast now CSS mech mail is the norm, but it's too late really. To save the business I reckon we need to go to delivering letters only 3 times a week and have dedicated parcel delivery again. Yes, this will mean 5 day week for most and no day off covers which is a lot of job losses, but without it , the company is screwd and we'll all lose our jobs. 30k redundancies with 52wk pay offs should be what the CWU should be negotiating. I would say 30k posties would be happy with that and the other 100k would have a job and a chance..

You have to look at one class of Letter ( Standard Class ) next day delivery with in the Collecting Mail Center Postcode Area , day after in the rest of the UK

02 Jul 2020, 16:03

Woody Guthrie wrote:
rogersh wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
dav1524 wrote:

We can all read on here Roger.

My reply gave the latest update in response to the 2nd hour. I have re-posted for you to read again as perhaps you mis-understood the relevance of my post

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3