not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 22:55

more likely they are making Mondays look so light they can carry Saturdays mail with it so its a Monday to fri for me :wink:

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 23:18

Most of businesses in all Uk are Monday to Friday so I guess most of them are expecting mail or parcels between those days also. So if it’s gonna be a national agreement as to take into consideration the nature of the business so you wont drop a day like Monday where you can make more money than Saturday, it’s simple logic!

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

30 Jun 2020, 10:35

If a business sends a letter out on a Friday last thing I doubt they would be happy with it not arriving until Tuesday of the following week.

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

30 Jun 2020, 13:46

gb93 wrote:Why Monday ?
Only one wave of sequenced on Monday
Easier to get people to work monday to cover parcels & specials
Major cut in weekend working at mail centres
Helps with levelling workload on a Tuesday


Absolute rubbish, Saturday will be the day if any.
Already tried, FIRMS WANT MAIL MON - FRI

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

30 Jun 2020, 21:38

clashcityrocker wrote:Getting vibes from where?
Is the reduction in the USO just being declared unilaterally without recourse to Ofcom/Parliament?
Is Terry now accepting the 20 000 job losses he announced would be lost by a reduction to the USO?
And what about our reps SA? Surely that is safe?

It's gonna happen. The CWU should accept 20000 losses to save 100000 jobs . If they dig their heels in, 120000 jobs will go along with the company.

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

30 Jun 2020, 21:54

Godisfirst01 wrote:Most of businesses in all Uk are Monday to Friday so I guess most of them are expecting mail or parcels between those days also. So if it’s gonna be a national agreement as to take into consideration the nature of the business so you wont drop a day like Monday where you can make more money than Saturday, it’s simple logic!

Since when has simple logic had anything to do with what royal mail do?

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

30 Jun 2020, 22:13

rambo1 wrote:
Godisfirst01 wrote:Most of businesses in all Uk are Monday to Friday so I guess most of them are expecting mail or parcels between those days also. So if it’s gonna be a national agreement as to take into consideration the nature of the business so you wont drop a day like Monday where you can make more money than Saturday, it’s simple logic!

Since when has simple logic had anything to do with what royal mail do?


So you think they will do anything that will affect the business?
Remember Royal Mail ain’t public anymore so you either do what customer will need in a way that you gonna be still able to compete with other couriers or rely on government help where you don’t actually have any letters to deliver to take up your argument where you can say that you are beneficial for the public,you will use logic and follow what customer may need.

Think that been useful by been only a parcel delivery courier? Are you have a big laugh mate.
Get all the aspect of this world where customer you want it or not are the one that paying your wages.
So yes, it’s simple logic of survival.

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

30 Jun 2020, 22:18

trainwreck.gif

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

30 Jun 2020, 22:31

Whysoslowyehcfc wrote:
gb93 wrote:Why Monday ?
Only one wave of sequenced on Monday
Easier to get people to work monday to cover parcels & specials
Major cut in weekend working at mail centres
Helps with levelling workload on a Tuesday


Absolute rubbish, Saturday will be the day if any.
Already tried, FIRMS WANT MAIL MON - FRI


Firms could also be charged a premium if they wanted a Saturday mail deliver or just be forced down the special’s route.

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

30 Jun 2020, 23:00

rambo1 wrote:It's gonna happen. The CWU should accept 20000 losses to save 100000 jobs . If they dig their heels in, 120000 jobs will go along with the company.


I fear you are right along with giving the rest of the staff a 35 hour week. Strangely enough it could be a Conservative government that causes an issue for RM as there is no way they want another mass redundancy story in the papers. What ever happens it won’t end and the will be back within 12-18 months for more cuts. A sorry state of affairs.

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

01 Jul 2020, 07:31

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
rambo1 wrote:It's gonna happen. The CWU should accept 20000 losses to save 100000 jobs . If they dig their heels in, 120000 jobs will go along with the company.


I fear you are right along with giving the rest of the staff a 35 hour week. Strangely enough it could be a Conservative government that causes an issue for RM as there is no way they want another mass redundancy story in the papers. What ever happens it won’t end and the will be back within 12-18 months for more cuts. A sorry state of affairs.

We are one of the few companies NOT to have had job losses recently. The 2000 managers aside.

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

01 Jul 2020, 09:19

rambo1 wrote:
Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
rambo1 wrote:It's gonna happen. The CWU should accept 20000 losses to save 100000 jobs . If they dig their heels in, 120000 jobs will go along with the company.


I fear you are right along with giving the rest of the staff a 35 hour week. Strangely enough it could be a Conservative government that causes an issue for RM as there is no way they want another mass redundancy story in the papers. What ever happens it won’t end and the will be back within 12-18 months for more cuts. A sorry state of affairs.

We are one of the few companies NOT to have had job losses recently. The 2000 managers aside.


We have job losses all the time it's just they are not compulsory job losses.

How many people leave RM each year through retirement or various other reasons whose hours are never replaced fully? I bet it's far more than the 2000 managerial jobs.

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

13 Jul 2020, 07:42

How about this for a idea if the company and union want to protect jobs, grow the business and maybe help some staff with issues walking etc. Deliver mail monday to friday with packets, then Saturday sd items and packets then maybe like our competitors deliver sundays I.e grow and employ more people and grow!

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

13 Jul 2020, 08:52

Dogbone1510 wrote:How about this for a idea if the company and union want to protect jobs, grow the business and maybe help some staff with issues walking etc. Deliver mail monday to friday with packets, then Saturday sd items and packets then maybe like our competitors deliver sundays I.e grow and employ more people and grow!

Noticed a driver from a LAT Packet / Parcel Delivery Hub delivering in my area yesterday , Sunday

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

13 Jul 2020, 19:29

wallan wrote:
Dogbone1510 wrote:How about this for a idea if the company and union want to protect jobs, grow the business and maybe help some staff with issues walking etc. Deliver mail monday to friday with packets, then Saturday sd items and packets then maybe like our competitors deliver sundays I.e grow and employ more people and grow!

Noticed a driver from a LAT Packet / Parcel Delivery Hub delivering in my area yesterday , Sunday


Are you sure he wasn’t picking up Covid tests?

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

13 Jul 2020, 20:05

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
wallan wrote:
Dogbone1510 wrote:How about this for a idea if the company and union want to protect jobs, grow the business and maybe help some staff with issues walking etc. Deliver mail monday to friday with packets, then Saturday sd items and packets then maybe like our competitors deliver sundays I.e grow and employ more people and grow!

Noticed a driver from a LAT Packet / Parcel Delivery Hub delivering in my area yesterday , Sunday


Are you sure he wasn’t picking up Covid tests?

The same van delivers to the same address frequently , usually at around 2pm , this was at 11-45 am

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

16 Jul 2020, 20:41

"Ideally like to keep the 6 day uso even though decline in letters
"Ambassadors talking about a 3 day uso"
"Ambassadors talking about 20 000 job cuts there wont be (20 000) job cuts.
Anyone else getting vibe for 5 day letter delivery coming soon yet

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

16 Jul 2020, 20:49

gb93 wrote:Anyone else getting vibe for 5 day letter delivery coming soon yet

Probably would result in attendance changes for night shift mech staff in MCs and in MPUs (that is if any MPUs still exist by then). O the whole mech staff on nights will be Monday night through (and inclusive) Friday night but if deliveries went to 5 day deliveries for letters and flats then the night mech staff would be Sunday night to Thursday night or Monday night to Thursday night with Friday's hours split between the 4 nights

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

16 Jul 2020, 21:20

As I have previously said I now personally dont have a problem if we go to a 5 day letter uso providing.
1 No compulsory redundancies
2 35 hour week including a 30 minute meal relief
3 Have a Saturday parcel/special delivery & hopefully Sunday parcel delivery too so enhancing overtime opportunities
4 If its 3 year deal at least 3% pay rise or current inflation rate if above 3% with hour off working week each year
5 Protect the ft/pt ratio so most full time posts made redundant can be filled with part timers moving up

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

16 Jul 2020, 21:45

6 Jam on it
7 A pony
8 The moon

Previous page Next page


Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3