not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Union response

08 Jun 2020, 12:04

Do Dave Ward and Terry Pullinger really read these messages. Or is this a forum for us posties just to winge.
Because I am really fed up with being kept in the dark with our pay and way forward agreement.
I wish the union will respond to anything.

Union response

08 Jun 2020, 14:45

Of course they don't read these forums.
They are in negotiations. That means until they have finished negotiating (or somebody wants to leak something) we won't hear a dickie bird.
I am sure a lot of people expect Terry and Dave to personally keep them updated with every strand of the negotiations on a daily basis, but life just isn't like that.
And it doesn't matter how many times you post the same question, you still won't get an answer.
Patience is a virtue.

Union response

08 Jun 2020, 15:20

notts1862 wrote:Do Dave Ward and Terry Pullinger really read these messages.

No.

On everey page of the forum is this message:

We have no affiliation with either Royal Mail or the Communications Workers Union (CWU), except that most of our members work for Royal Mail and/or are members of the CWU.

In other words, we are independent of both organisations neither the Union or RM have any input on what gets posted here. There will be various managers and Union reps/officers that lurk (no we can't spot them) but there is no official presence from either. Having said that hearing some of the descriptions of RMC by RM and the CWU I can understand why. Sometimes the image we present on here is not very flattering.

Union response

08 Jun 2020, 18:07

Look on the bright side ,by the time the negotiations finish
We will be moving onto a 36 hour week ,as another hour will be due to come off .
We will have a huge back pay for the 37 hour week not being implemented,back pay from when the pay rise was due .
Then an independent body will come in and see how the culture change has went .
After all that’s the reason we balloted,if they break the legally protected agreement we will win in court
The previous ceo wouldn’t come to meetings and was the cause of all this unrest we were told
So let’s be positive ,they got us 200 didn’t they ,that was never going to be payed ,the Saturday debacle is finished due to union pressure

Union response

08 Jun 2020, 18:15

So negotiations are actually happening.... that's news to me.

Union response

09 Jun 2020, 06:24

vas.jpg
, be prepared :left:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Union response

09 Jun 2020, 17:59

wf wrote:Look on the bright side ,by the time the negotiations finish
We will be moving onto a 36 hour week ,as another hour will be due to come off .
We will have a huge back pay for the 37 hour week not being implemented,back pay from when the pay rise was due .
Then an independent body will come in and see how the culture change has went .
After all that’s the reason we balloted,if they break the legally protected agreement we will win in court
The previous ceo wouldn’t come to meetings and was the cause of all this unrest we were told
So let’s be positive ,they got us 200 didn’t they ,that was never going to be payed ,the Saturday debacle is finished due to union pressure

In this years employee opinion survey the culture score was up 4 points to 57%. That may have been due to only several thousand employees taking part, as opposed to over 100 thousand in the previous years EOS.
The CWU have asked for an above inflation rise from April 2020. Inflation was 0.9%.
As for the hour due from October 2019, I believe there will be progress on this.

However I am not sure that negotiations are ongoing. Should they not wait for the new CEO to be appointed. What if agreement is made & the new appointment has an alternative agenda!

Union response

10 Jun 2020, 14:37

In this years employee opinion survey the culture score was up 4 points to 57%. That may have been due to only several thousand employees taking part, as opposed to over 100 thousand in the previous years EOS.
The CWU have asked for an above inflation rise from April 2020. Inflation was 0.9%.
As for the hour due from October 2019, I believe there will be progress on this.

However I am not sure that negotiations are ongoing. Should they not wait for the new CEO to be appointed. What if agreement is made & the new appointment has an alternative agenda![/quote]

Is the ballot still live ?
If yes ,they would need to be negotiating with whoever is in charge
People are losing faith rapidly .
If they were to have another ballot they would get an even worse turn out .
So for the sake of the union as a whole ,we need to know that something is happening soon

Union response

10 Jun 2020, 15:55

The ballot result was on the 17th March 2020. The ballot is effective for six months.
With all what is happening I admit I was forgetting where we are with talks/negotiations. I believe being given the status of "key workers" changed the course of action.
Edit;
According to Dave Ward discussions are taking place with the interim CEO & the chairman of Royal Mail re strategy etc. There will be an update later this week or early next week.

Union response

11 Jun 2020, 17:09

notts1862 wrote:Do Dave Ward and Terry Pullinger really read these messages. Or is this a forum for us posties just to winge.
Because I am really fed up with being kept in the dark with our pay and way forward agreement.
I wish the union will respond to anything.

:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause

Union response

15 Jun 2020, 22:48

I don't know any posties who voted for industrial action for a pay rise or even for the SWW.
We voted for strike action to keep or save our jobs. It's as simple as that.
We are not interested in paltry bribes or 1.5% pay rises.

Union response

16 Jun 2020, 08:40

Celgar wrote:I don't know any posties who voted for industrial action for a pay rise or even for the SWW.

This years pay rise request was after the ballot. Remember when the 6% over 3 years was offered & the CWU stressed pay was not part of the issue.
However the SWW was part of the dispute & an increase in the hourly rate for all.

Union response

16 Jun 2020, 09:04

Celgar wrote:I don't know any posties who voted for industrial action for a pay rise or even for the SWW.

As you're aware a bitter pill is best swallowed with a little honey.

Both parties are aware that without a rewards section no deal is likely to be accepted on its own merits.

Union response

16 Jun 2020, 09:14

Woody Guthrie wrote:

I'm not sure that honey is much use when a suppository is being administered.

Union response

16 Jun 2020, 10:36

clashcityrocker wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

Better than a Spoon full of sugar :shock:

Union response

16 Jun 2020, 11:26

clashcityrocker wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

I'm informed by someone else obviously that Lovehoney sells an extensive range of lubricants.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1