not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Ask yet again

03 Jun 2020, 16:40

Can anyone tell myself and the members where we at regarding the pay and way forward agreement.
So please just some update info would be nice from the union

Ask yet again

03 Jun 2020, 20:49

Your not alone in wondering !!!
Its like Silence of the Lambs and we all know who the Lambs are !!
I Guess we looking at same arrangement as always October deal and backdated !!!!!!!!
Quite why this only appears to happen to us Baffling ???
The £200 nice, but in reality £ 160 after tax and it will be taxed !
What are currently at ?? 4x times busier than this time of year normally
And not to dismay my colleagues-as I think they aware already
I worked in Sales for 18 years, before joining Royal Mail when current crisis subsides and businesses firms back in force,
the cheapest and quickest method to get to as many customers as possible is a mail shot !!
So likely in July/August peak staff holiday time etc Mail is going to increase 4 x !! and hence no respite to staff whatsoever
And I only referring to normal catalogue/tray mail
Door to Doors likely to be 4/5/6 every week at the same time as above
February Wettest Month ever since records recorded
May driest/warmest month since records recorded
Covid19 unprecedented in all our lifetimes !!
But come October-all be forgotten and what will be worth ? maybe 2.5 % ? 3% if we really lucky
Strange I hear on all the television stations/radio the Key Workers must never be allowed to be overlooked again
The National Fiscals studies report earlier this year quoted
National Average Wage in the UK just over £25,000 per annum Gross naturally
Our Average Gross £23,100 ENOUGH SAID

Ask yet again

03 Jun 2020, 21:16

cockneyrebel wrote:The £200 nice, but in reality £ 160 after tax and it will be taxed !

You forgot National Insurance. So anyone lucky enough to get the full £200 payment, will actually recieve £136 extra take home.

Ask yet again

03 Jun 2020, 22:14

Makes you think if the union is in bed with Royal Mail.
JUST TALK TO US.

Ask yet again

04 Jun 2020, 20:48

My fear is this......

Terry starts putting out comms that times are hard due to the coronavirus, the economy has suffered, businesses have gone to the wall, letters have dropped off the cliff and parcels not making up the money etc etc and this is all designed psychologically for us members to accept LESS than what we really deserve. This is what I expect Royal Mail to put out - not the Union. The CWU in charge couldn't get anywhere with Rico who they say was basically raping the company whilst his obsessive salary was slowly drip feeding out of the country to Geneva, whilst his henchmen really couldn't offer anything different to the table because they didn't have or want the authority to do so.

A new guy at the helm offers Terry and Dave another bite of the cherry to try and get some things that Rico was planning removed and obviously some things agreed in the Way Forward agreement. But that time isn't right now. We should put the last strike ballot behind us just like Royal Mail should put their grand transformation plans on hold. We are still in the middle of an epidemic and the economy is suffering even if Royal Mail on the whole have done quite well during this crisis as they have been able to carry on in business whilst others have gone to the wall.

What I don't like about this epidemic is that I see walks failing and packets not being delivered on a daily basis and it seems to be acceptable given the circumstances. I'm worried that this may become the 'new normal' in pursuit of profits. We have already seen the company temporarily postpone mail deliveries on Saturdays yet the business has access to hire vans, agency staff and I've even heard a few part-time staff complain that they were not allowed to deliver post on the Saturdays on overtime because the office only wanted a minimum number of staff working!!

Ask yet again

05 Jun 2020, 17:38

Ive just cancelled my membership after 23 year's this union is a failure. Why pay for a service that does nothing to protect its members.

Ask yet again

05 Jun 2020, 18:59

gand wrote:Ive just cancelled my membership after 23 year's this union is a failure. Why pay for a service that does nothing to protect its members.

The only thing stopping me doing the same is in case I bumped a van at work or something as I know the union has helped others at my office being conducted or sacked in the past. I’ve got a horrible feeling about what’s coming after these talks.

Ask yet again

05 Jun 2020, 20:03

What makes it so funny is where a communication union but there's no communication coming from the union.
I think the best way to get answers is if I have to write to them

Ask yet again

05 Jun 2020, 20:10

notts1862 wrote:What makes it so funny is where a communication union but there's no communication coming from the union.
I think the best way to get answers is if I have to write to them

And you still won't get answers.

Ask yet again

05 Jun 2020, 20:35

In fairness the union have done well to get us any bonus as the Royal Mail clearly don’t value us very highly and would happily replace us all with zero hour contracts and cheaper labour. In these uncertain times we need the union more than ever,we are absolutely inundated with parcels but management don’t seem bothered about failures on non tracked items and mail.i fear for our future as Mail seems to be unimportant to them anymore, I’ve been told many times after I said I couldn’t complete to just do parcels and only mail they are interested in is special delivery they have now stopped paying protracted overtime at our place and the mail is just piling up. It seems that us posties care more about our customers more than the management Who. are just trying to save money all the time

Ask yet again

07 Jun 2020, 07:29

cockneyrebel wrote:Your not alone in wondering !!!
I Guess we looking at same arrangement as always October deal and backdated !!!!!!!!
I worked in Sales for 18 years, before joining Royal Mail when current crisis subsides and businesses firms back in force,
the cheapest and quickest method to get to as many customers as possible is a mail shot !!
So likely in July/August peak staff holiday time etc Mail is going to increase 4 x !! and hence no respite to staff whatsoever
But come October-all be forgotten and what will be worth ? maybe 2.5 % ? 3% if we really lucky
Strange I hear on all the television stations/radio the Key Workers must never be allowed to be overlooked again

What happens when we get a pay deal in October and it's backdated to April, if you left the business in June? In theory you should get your backdated pay from Apr to Jun , but do you? Say they hire (as if) some one to replace the one who left in june, do they get their backpay from June to Oct? Are royal mail saving money in instances like this when someone leaves? Has anyone left then got a backpay paid before?

Ask yet again

07 Jun 2020, 09:28

toonshola wrote:
gand wrote:Ive just cancelled my membership after 23 year's this union is a failure. Why pay for a service that does nothing to protect its members.

The only thing stopping me doing the same is in case I bumped a van at work or something as I know the union has helped others at my office being conducted or sacked in the past. I’ve got a horrible feeling about what’s coming after these talks.

Agreed.

The only reason I'm still in is for the help and support I might receive at a personal level if a conduct or disciplinary issue ever arose.

Ask yet again

07 Jun 2020, 13:28

rambo1 wrote:
cockneyrebel wrote:Your not alone in wondering !!!

What happens when we get a pay deal in October and it's backdated to April, if you left the business in June? In theory you should get your backdated pay from Apr to Jun , but do you? Say they hire (as if) some one to replace the one who left in june, do they get their backpay from June to Oct? Are royal mail saving money in instances like this when someone leaves? Has anyone left then got a backpay paid before?

I imagine the business and the union agree that backpay is only applicable to those still in employment - why would the union risk not getting an agreement from RM in an attempt to get backpay for people who have lef the job, and have therefore effectively left the union?

Ask yet again

07 Jun 2020, 13:36

wacko74 wrote:
toonshola wrote:

Agreed.

The only reason I'm still in is for the help and support I might receive at a personal level if a conduct or disciplinary issue ever arose.

I think you boys have hit the nail on the head. Nationally, the union bite seems disappointing, whether fate has also been a contributory factor there is open to debate! However , it is the importance of your local branch, that is the upmost importance to me, in case i am in trouble in my job. Something each and every one of us should value and seriously consider , especially in these uncertain times, before deciding to leave the union.

Ask yet again

07 Jun 2020, 17:45

matthew68 wrote:we are absolutely inundated with parcels but management don’t seem bothered about failures on non tracked items and mail.i fear for our future as Mail seems to be unimportant to them anymore, I’ve been told many times after I said I couldn’t complete to just do parcels and only mail they are interested in is special delivery they have now stopped paying protracted overtime at our place and the mail is just piling up. It seems that us posties care more about our customers more than the management Who. are just trying to save money all the time

True, and I fear that managers are still using this pandemic as an excuse to leave mail/parcels in the office for the next day. This is not acceptable when they can use agency workers now to clear the backlog and hire vans. I've heard that our Mail centre are using agency workers, so why aren't delivery offices?? Also, I get the impression that managers are also trying to put staff off from doing any overtime. There are some guys who want to work their day off but appear to be dissuaded by their managers. Saving the pennies??

More tracked parcels are coming through our network, but there are still thousands of the non-tracked stuff, letters and D2Ds that form at least half of our workload. Why is getting this delivered everyday not a priority? Are these failures getting reported at all?

Ask yet again

07 Jun 2020, 17:50

postslippete wrote:
matthew68 wrote:we are absolutely inundated with parcels but management don’t seem bothered about failures on non tracked items and mail.i fear for our future as Mail seems to be unimportant to them anymore, I’ve been told many times after I said I couldn’t complete to just do parcels and only mail they are interested in is special delivery they have now stopped paying protracted overtime at our place and the mail is just piling up. It seems that us posties care more about our customers more than the management Who. are just trying to save money all the time

True, and I fear that managers are still using this pandemic as an excuse to leave mail/parcels in the office for the next day. This is not acceptable when they can use agency workers now to clear the backlog and hire vans. I've heard that our Mail centre are using agency workers, so why aren't delivery offices?? Also, I get the impression that managers are also trying to put staff off from doing any overtime. There are some guys who want to work their day off but appear to be dissuaded by their managers. Saving the pennies??

More tracked parcels are coming through our network, but there are still thousands of the non-tracked stuff, letters and D2Ds that form at least half of our workload. Why is getting this delivered everyday not a priority? Are these failures getting reported at all?

Do any van hire companies near you actually have any vans available to hire? RM won't be the only company would potentially be looking to hire extra vans. Using agency in a DO is only viable if you've got the extra vans available for them to use, could they be used much for indoor work without compromising the social distancing?

Ask yet again

07 Jun 2020, 18:23

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Do any van hire companies near you actually have any vans available to hire? RM won't be the only company would potentially be looking to hire extra vans. Using agency in a DO is only viable if you've got the extra vans available for them to use, could they be used much for indoor work without compromising the social distancing?

Ha! I drive past Enterprise car and van hire everyday to work and they have many available. They have also been open for weeks.

The social distancing thing is a joke. The bosses aren't bothered as long as staff are working and most deliveries are going out. We had staff who were being sensible and working from home until they were asked to work their day off to make up their hours. They then decided to come back to the office and work on their usual rounds instead. End result: more staff working the early shift = less social distancing that can be enabled.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1