not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:26

2yearpostie wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:There is to much doom and gloom in your outlook my friend , the company has made many changes over the years but there have never been compulsory redundancy.

We have never been in times like whats coming up either..

We are doing better than virtually every company out there right now , I don’t see that changing anytime soon . Moving to mon/fri is what rm have wanted for a long time and they will use that pandemic to get it . As other posters have said the union should be using this situation to get maximum benefits for us members.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:35

chickenwittle wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:There is to much doom and gloom in your outlook my friend , the company has made many changes over the years but there have never been compulsory redundancy.

We are doing better than virtually every company out there right now , I don’t see that changing anytime soon . Moving to mon/fri is what rm have wanted for a long time and they will use that pandemic to get it . As other posters have said the union should be using this situation to get maximum benefits for us members.

id better start looking for another job then as i will be surplus to requirements if we close sat and sun.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:36

2year that's why I stated when starting thread that any deal would have to be negotiated with union with no compulsory redundancies.
RM are always after saving hours & jobs & always will.
So 2 choices to save jobs for people who want to stay with RM.
1st Good negotiated deal that strictly adheres to no compulsory redundancies.
2nd Take chance industrial action will stop RM ploughing ahead with their plans.
Now 1st option appeals to me more & just saying the union can be more pro active & imaginative in their approach.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:42

gb93 wrote:2year that's why I stated when starting thread that any deal would have to be negotiated with union with no compulsory redundancies.
2nd Take chance industrial action will stop RM ploughing ahead with their plans.
Now 1st option appeals to me more & just saying the union can be more pro active & imaginative in their approach.

Totally agree, as long as the come out with mon-sat instead of mon-fri.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:46

2yearpostie wrote:
gb93 wrote:2year that's why I stated when starting thread that any deal would have to be negotiated with union with no compulsory redundancies.

It will be a 7 day week service mon/fri everything goes sat/sun premium service specials, tracked etc.so enough jobs to go round .

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:53

chickenwittle wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

It will be a 7 day week service mon/fri everything goes sat/sun premium service specials, tracked etc.so enough jobs to go round .

That i could live with.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:55

chickenwittle wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

I get it chicken not sure everyone does though :Very Happy

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:58

:nana :nana we all in now :Very Happy

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 19:59

POSTMAN wrote:

It's a bit unnerving that he is still using the same old Rico mantra of " everyone who wants to work for Royal Mail" and " everyone who CAN work for Royal Mail".
Notice how he emphasised the CAN part.
Can deliver 20+ packets per hour
Can walk at average 4mph
Can accept unpaid meal breaks etc..

35 hour Monday to Friday

18 May 2020, 00:07

Well I've never read anything like it really judging by the comments on here.its just a job!if most of the staff aren't to busy rushing round every day you play straight into you're bosses hands.do the job properly otherwise there will be jobs gone. How can the cwu have a leg to stand on if you don't do the job properly. Simple

35 hour Monday to Friday

18 May 2020, 00:51

2yearpostie wrote:

What times that are coming up ? keep hearing this. We are right now in the middle of the pandemic and yet we continue to work. And are flat out. Once companies and businesses start going again mail will increase. If people are still getting paid furlough they will continue to buy. Maybe im being optimistic but if the company is surviving right now, surely the future when advertising, air travel etc all get back up and running we will continue to pick up again. There will be thousands of people losing jobs in other industries but as chickenwittle said maybe there is too much doom and gloom about our roles.

35 hour Monday to Friday

18 May 2020, 10:32

2yearpostie wrote:
gb93 wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:The union will not sign off on a deal involving job losses so if that can’t be guaranteed we will stay in dispute . Should we go mon/fri staff would still be needed for sat/sun delivery this could well involve all staff . As for redeployment at other offices , so be it , that’s a better option than being laid off.

It really does not matter what the union will or wont sign off on. If the shareholders want something to happen, that is what will (eventually) happen.
You need to remember very shortly there will be a few million people who will happy to take our jobs if we dont like what terms and conds the company implement, so something like striking wont be effective anymore.

So are you saying we just have to accept what we are given.
Wouldn't fancy being in your shoes if that's the case then
Or do you think I will be alright jack.
Way i read your post apology in advance if i read it wrong

i will be far from alright im 3rd bottom on the seniority list! This is why im so scared of being kicked out of my office if we loose a day.

You are more likely to get run over in the stampede from the senior guys who are hanging on just to get redundancy.

35 hour Monday to Friday

18 May 2020, 14:05

My best guess would be it's more to do with evolving shift patterns and later start times than performance.

The early start-early finish, 4 day weeks, 9 day fortnight's, 1 in 4, Wallingtons and even to a certain extent full-time working are all things that don't fit into a future streamlined parcel driven model.

If you can't live with that there's probably not going to be a place for you in the company.

35 hour Monday to Friday

20 May 2020, 00:22

Just a thought, This may be slightly off thread but...
35 hour week, if and it's a big if, it has paid breaks a working week would be thirty one and quarter hours. Many financial institutions may class this as part time making obtaining finance; mortgages, loans etc that more difficult. I hope that will not be the case. Many years ago I started on 31 hrs and wasn't even classed as a postman, instead we were known as associated grade postman, thank goodness that has gone.

35 hour Monday to Friday

20 May 2020, 00:53

Woody Guthrie wrote:

My best guess would be it's more to do with evolving shift patterns and later start times than performance.

The early start-early finish, 4 day weeks, 9 day fortnight's, 1 in 4, Wallingtons and even to a certain extent full-time working are all things that don't fit into a future streamlined parcel driven model.

If you can't live with that there's probably not going to be a place for you in the company.

Who knows, but there’s going to have to be some element of flexibility for managers given the number of staff on short hour contracts. I have a feeling that chopping down overtime almost to the point of non-existence is going to be a key goal, and then the job becomes unviable for a lot of part-time staff and at that point stretching a 20 hour contract over five days isn’t necessarily going to work for management.

35 hour Monday to Friday

20 May 2020, 12:07

FacesOfStone wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

Who knows, but there’s going to have to be some element of flexibility for managers given the number of staff on short hour contracts. I have a feeling that chopping down overtime almost to the point of non-existence is going to be a key goal, and then the job becomes unviable for a lot of part-time staff and at that point stretching a 20 hour contract over five days isn’t necessarily going to work for management.

We all know cutting the overtime will last a max of 2 days before the dom is begging people to take extra out on ot, the amount of mail brought back would be something to see!
We are meant to be on a no ot sat now, it lasted exactly 1 week until we were told to stay out and get everything gone as long as it takes.

35 hour Monday to Friday

20 May 2020, 18:28

Nick b wrote:Just a thought, This may be slightly off thread but...
35 hour week, if and it's a big if, it has paid breaks a working week would be thirty one and quarter hours. Many financial institutions may class this as part time making obtaining finance; mortgages, loans etc that more difficult. I hope that will not be the case. Many years ago I started on 31 hrs and wasn't even classed as a postman, instead we were known as associated grade postman, thank goodness that has gone.

I would be prepared to go on 30 minute paid break on 35 hours.
Making it a 32.5 hour week if taking paid break off.
Little concession from me to smooth the path :Very Happy

35 hour Monday to Friday

20 May 2020, 20:53

chocolatesaltyballs wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:

It's a bit unnerving that he is still using the same old Rico mantra of " everyone who wants to work for Royal Mail" and " everyone who CAN work for Royal Mail".
Can deliver 20+ packets per hour
Can walk at average 4mph
Can accept unpaid meal breaks etc..

A lot of posties seem to accept unpaid meal breaks now. i.e they don't take them because 'they haven't got time' . Lol.

35 hour Monday to Friday

02 Jun 2020, 17:09

Plenty of 60+ year olds waiting for redundancy offers, thousands can't wait to leave.
Couple this with the hourly reduction and it won't equate to 20,000 job losses, it will be less.

35 hour Monday to Friday

07 Jun 2020, 18:13

gb93 wrote::nana :nana we all in now :Very Happy

I don't agree with any shorter working week UNLESS there is no loss in pay. The Union see the shorter working week as the solution because it not only gives us an hourly wage rise; they know that Royal Mail want to utilise parcel hubs so that we are doing less indoor work and more outdoor delivery.

The theory of everyone working Monday to Friday is not commercial. We know this because Royal Mail have still wanted staff to work Saturdays delivering parcels, and how long will it be before they decide to match the competition and have us doing deliveries on Sunday as well? Also, from what I've seen when Saturdays mail has not gone, Mondays are feckin horrendous!! I will also add that whilst some staff like having Saturdays off; some actually prefer to work their day off because they need the money. Many staff just can't survive on the rubbish part-time contracts that Royal Mail have - so whilst they would benefit by having their hours extended to 35....how do those who are full-time benefit?? Do they all accept a wage reduction?

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4