not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 11:01

whos offering to work Sat/Sun then? maybe we could even the full time/part time hours out over the week mon -fri and the ft could make there contract length up by work alternative sat/sun?

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 11:12

I didn't realise there were so many people in favour of Rico's Monday to Friday plans !
Do you think he would come back if we asked him nicely ?

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 11:39

2yearpostie wrote:whos offering to work Sat/Sun then? maybe we could even the full time/part time hours out over the week mon -fri and the ft could make there contract length up by work alternative sat/sun?

I will offer to work some sats & suns on overtime as sure plenty more would might even have some part timers wanting to even though you think they shouldn't. And depending on what would be delivered them days could have some sat & sun contracts. Quite easy really

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 11:43

gb93 wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:whos offering to work Sat/Sun then? maybe we could even the full time/part time hours out over the week mon -fri and the ft could make there contract length up by work alternative sat/sun?

I will offer to work some sats & suns on overtime as sure plenty more would might even have some part timers wanting to even though you think they shouldn't. And depending on what would be delivered them days could have some sat & sun contracts. Quite easy really

What do you do about the small offices where there is no volunteers?

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 12:07

2yearpostie wrote:
gb93 wrote:

What do you do about the small offices where there is no volunteers?

Top of my head after 30 secs thinking about it.
Take people on sat & sun contracts
Get people from larger offices in to do it

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 15:17

35 hour Mon-Fri is the way forward and the CWU definitely needs to negotiate with RM and not keep saying don’t like this or that and also kick its politics into the long grass. However there is an elephant in the room called OFCOM and because they can’t kick all other postal carriers around (foreign owned) they hammer the one they can us, they can say no to five days.
Having been in communication nearly all my career in one form or another OFCOM is one quango I would put in a sack and throw in the river.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 16:33

Nick b wrote:35 hour Mon-Fri is the way forward and the CWU definitely needs to negotiate with RM and not keep saying don’t like this or that and also kick its politics into the long grass. However there is an elephant in the room called OFCOM and because they can’t kick all other postal carriers around (foreign owned) they hammer the one they can us, they can say no to five days.
Having been in communication nearly all my career in one form or another OFCOM is one quango I would put in a sack and throw in the river.

So you want to make 20,000 people like me redundant by getting rid of cover days, thanks :thumbdown ( union if your reading part timers pay over half your subscription think carefully)

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 16:45

sorry mate voluntary only so lm afraid your stuck here :Very Happy

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 17:12

2yearpostie wrote:
Nick b wrote:35 hour Mon-Fri is the way forward and the CWU definitely needs to negotiate with RM and not keep saying don’t like this or that and also kick its politics into the long grass. However there is an elephant in the room called OFCOM and because they can’t kick all other postal carriers around (foreign owned) they hammer the one they can us, they can say no to five days.

So you want to make 20,000 people like me redundant by getting rid of cover days, thanks :thumbdown ( union if your reading part timers pay over half your subscription think carefully)

We need to start moving away from these accusations every time we talk mon/fri working . The union won’t accept job losses and if it’s phased in most jobs would go from retirement and people leaving the job through their own choice as well as VRs.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 17:22

I remember a few years ago on here we were talking about a 7 day service, how times change.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 17:24

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 17:28

POSTMAN wrote:

He basically spoke 60 seconds of nothing there .

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 17:43

chickenwittle wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

We need to start moving away from these accusations every time we talk mon/fri working . The union won’t accept job losses and if it’s phased in most jobs would go from retirement and people leaving the job through their own choice as well as VRs.

Sorry to break it to you but the union dont run the company!

If we go down to 5 days a week the company will only being doing it to save costs, the biggest cost is us the workforce. Yes some may be natural wastage but some people will be given the choice of redeployment to another office or going both of which are crap options so a mon-fri only service must be fought off.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 17:52

2yearpostie wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

Sorry to break it to you but the union dont run the company!

If we go down to 5 days a week the company will only being doing it to save costs, the biggest cost is us the workforce. Yes some may be natural wastage but some people will be given the choice of redeployment to another office or going both of which are crap options so a mon-fri only service must be fought off.

The union will not sign off on a deal involving job losses so if that can’t be guaranteed we will stay in dispute . Should we go mon/fri staff would still be needed for sat/sun delivery this could well involve all staff . As for redeployment at other offices , so be it , that’s a better option than being laid off.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:02

chickenwittle wrote:The union will not sign off on a deal involving job losses so if that can’t be guaranteed we will stay in dispute . Should we go mon/fri staff would still be needed for sat/sun delivery this could well involve all staff . As for redeployment at other offices , so be it , that’s a better option than being laid off.

It really does not matter what the union will or wont sign off on. If the shareholders want something to happen, that is what will (eventually) happen.
You need to remember very shortly there will be a few million people who will happy to take our jobs if we dont like what terms and conds the company implement, so something like striking wont be effective anymore.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:04

We went from working 6 days to working 5
We went from 2 deliveries a day to 1
We went from working 41 hour week to 38 hour week
All of this was done with agreement with union & no compulsory redundancies.
No pt or ft floats will lose their jobs if we go to mon-fri letters service if I as I said is negotiated by union.
In fact extremely likely quite a few part timers would get made up to full time.
Now if RM tried to impose against unions wishes after trying to get a deal that gave us something concrete in return I will be first to back ballot & industrial action.
But all I'm saying is if RM (are?) desperate to cut letters to 5 days a week let's go for it but extract some concessions for us.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:09

2yearpostie wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:The union will not sign off on a deal involving job losses so if that can’t be guaranteed we will stay in dispute . Should we go mon/fri staff would still be needed for sat/sun delivery this could well involve all staff . As for redeployment at other offices , so be it , that’s a better option than being laid off.

It really does not matter what the union will or wont sign off on. If the shareholders want something to happen, that is what will (eventually) happen.
You need to remember very shortly there will be a few million people who will happy to take our jobs if we dont like what terms and conds the company implement, so something like striking wont be effective anymore.

So are you saying we just have to accept what we are given.
Wouldn't fancy being in your shoes if that's the case then
Or do you think I will be alright jack.
Way i read your post apology in advance if i read it wrong

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:14

2yearpostie wrote:

There is to much doom and gloom in your outlook my friend , the company has made many changes over the years but there have never been compulsory redundancy.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:14

gb93 wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

So are you saying we just have to accept what we are given.
Wouldn't fancy being in your shoes if that's the case then
Or do you think I will be alright jack.
Way i read your post apology in advance if i read it wrong

i will be far from alright im 3rd bottom on the seniority list! This is why im so scared of being kicked out of my office if we loose a day.

35 hour Monday to Friday

17 May 2020, 18:15

chickenwittle wrote:There is to much doom and gloom in your outlook my friend , the company has made many changes over the years but there have never been compulsory redundancy.

We have never been in times like whats coming up either..

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4