not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 20:40

scoobydo79 wrote:
dazer0070 wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:The week in 6 Guys are pissed.Been told they can’t take them even though they earnt the them.Told anything owed will be put on their annual leave.Surely they have to honour owed rotation week off?

That’s the wallington, 5 on and 6th week off I presume? Which i am

Yes that’s correct.

Well if my wallington is going to be cancelled, this week would be my first week accumulating days as last week was my wally. I’m in tomorrow, so looks like I’ll be taking sat off!!

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 21:00

LaggyBand wrote:Our gaffer at this point is saying that there’s enough dogs bodies hanging around to keep all the duty holders as they are.

So if you’re someone who has to look at the staffing to see what your day off is next (or this) week (spent fifteen years in this position, I feel the pain) well all those are now getting Saturday off.

Because a good amount of the work gets done by these handy dogs bodies, there likely won’t be too many people on a Saturday.

Note that the guidance allows DOMs to argue that having rurals in the office has lead to an attendance of over 50% on a Saturday.

Plus, there’s a few duty holders who would always support the union, but they’re loving the idea of every Saturday off.

I love the idea of every Saturday off, but it's pointless in lockdown as there's nothing I would normally like to do but can't on a Saturday that is on. I'd sooner split the week work up with a day midweek. Mon to Fri is a long blxxdy week when it's this busy, especially 2 days worth on Monday!

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 21:14

Some people have said at our DO that it’ll be nice having two days off together - a day where you haven’t been to work that morning, and you haven’t got to go bed early tonight (unusual in RM) then your busiest day as you first day back.

Makes sense for a lot of folks.

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 21:16

rambo1 wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:Our gaffer at this point is saying that there’s enough dogs bodies hanging around to keep all the duty holders as they are.

So if you’re someone who has to look at the staffing to see what your day off is next (or this) week (spent fifteen years in this position, I feel the pain) well all those are now getting Saturday off.

Because a good amount of the work gets done by these handy dogs bodies, there likely won’t be too many people on a Saturday.

Note that the guidance allows DOMs to argue that having rurals in the office has lead to an attendance of over 50% on a Saturday.

Plus, there’s a few duty holders who would always support the union, but they’re loving the idea of every Saturday off.

I love the idea of every Saturday off, but it's pointless in lockdown as there's nothing I would normally like to do but can't on a Saturday that is on. I'd sooner split the week work up with a day midweek. Mon to Fri is a long blxxdy week when it's this busy, especially 2 days worth on Monday!

I think most of us feel this will be far from temporary.

Saturday

01 May 2020, 00:01

I've been on my Wallington week off and got a call asking me if I can swap to Saturdays off from now on and said yes (was before cwu said not to). Reckon I should call up tomorrow and say I've changed my mind and don't want to change any more? Also the manager said this week off covers my days off for the next five weeks so if I do swap, I'll lose a week annual leave, is that correct?

Saturday

01 May 2020, 09:18

nottsgas wrote:I've been on my Wallington week off and got a call asking me if I can swap to Saturdays off from now on and said yes (was before cwu said not to). Reckon I should call up tomorrow and say I've changed my mind and don't want to change any more? Also the manager said this week off covers my days off for the next five weeks so if I do swap, I'll lose a week annual leave, is that correct?

If you have been working Wallington weeks for over 6 months then there should be no adjustment to your leave according to official guidance. After 6 months it is regarded as the old swings and roundabouts. An adjustment is only needed if Wallinton weeks have been a short term thing.

Even if an adjustment is needed it is unlikely that it would be a full week unless, when you started working Wallington weeks a short time ago, you had the first week off and now also the last week so, for example, you have had 3 weeks off (18 days) in 13 weeks that the system has operated. Time to tell your manager to jog on.

Saturday

01 May 2020, 16:39

All we been told is that no Mail Saturday. Nothing else.No communication from managers or Cwu reps.Bloody joke.Well lets wait till Terry haves his little rant at 5 and c wots happens then.Never worked in a place where there r so many rumours,arse lickers and no communication.Been there 8yrs never any feedback on employee surveys.Rico laughing his atse off.

Saturday

01 May 2020, 17:03

nottsgas wrote:I've been on my Wallington week off and got a call asking me if I can swap to Saturdays off from now on and said yes (was before cwu said not to). Reckon I should call up tomorrow and say I've changed my mind and don't want to change any more? Also the manager said this week off covers my days off for the next five weeks so if I do swap, I'll lose a week annual leave, is that correct?

Surely this week off covered your days off for the last 5 weeks not the next, presumably you worked 6 days for the last 5 weeks but only got paid the same as someone working for 5 days per week.

Saturday

03 May 2020, 00:41

Post removed by Admin

Saturday

03 May 2020, 11:22

Yep people really are that stupid https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php

or perhaps think others are as stupid not to get the reference.

Saturday

03 May 2020, 11:45

Wot a joke.went in Sat, as we all expwxted,no communication from Cwu reps, management just said just take parcels,most staff had to ask wot we were doing.Dreading Monday there letters on fitting which would have been there for 5days.In mangers ( floor) they seen to be as lost as us.the plus side earlest weve finishrd on Sat for a while.Roll on Friday Bank hol.!!!!

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2