not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Ballot result : Yes 94.5% No 5.5% : No strikes : Low turnout

17 Mar 2020, 20:34

Scrumpy wrote:Low turnout , No votes on the up. Shows the members are losing faith with the current Union stance , time to change the Union leaders whom have lost focus on the dispute but upped their personal campaign against Rico . We need negotiators working for the members interest, not personal vendettas

We recently had the opportunity to change the union leaders and we voted them back in for another 5 years!

17 Mar 2020, 20:44

olilew wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:Low turnout , No votes on the up. Shows the members are losing faith with the current Union stance , time to change the Union leaders whom have lost focus on the dispute but upped their personal campaign against Rico . We need negotiators working for the members interest, not personal vendettas

We recently had the opportunity to change the union leaders and we voted them back in for another 5 years!

Forgive me if I am wrong.
But certain individuals were Unopposed......

Apathy is on the rise in our Trade Union.

17 Mar 2020, 21:06

Binsey wrote:
olilew wrote:

Forgive me if I am wrong.
But certain individuals were Unopposed......

Apathy is on the rise in our Trade Union.

I can’t remember a vote for the leadership, those two would of certainly not got my vote

18 Mar 2020, 00:19

hero22 wrote:I thought there were over 135000 staff in Royal Mail. The actual number of ballots sent out is a lot less than I expected. It’s hard to understand how 30000 odd people didn’t bother to vote and a good lot voted no to strike. I assume they are happy to be on the dole in the near future or running around for 12 hours a day on low wages. :arrrghhh

Probably not in the CWU. There's about 6 in our office out of about 90. Partly due to the office rep. :neutral:

18 Mar 2020, 00:52

heapsy wrote:
hero22 wrote:I thought there were over 135000 staff in Royal Mail. The actual number of ballots sent out is a lot less than I expected. It’s hard to understand how 30000 odd people didn’t bother to vote and a good lot voted no to strike. I assume they are happy to be on the dole in the near future or running around for 12 hours a day on low wages. :arrrghhh

Probably not in the CWU. There's about 6 in our office out of about 90. Partly due to the office rep. :neutral:

Can't believe people don't join or come out of a union because of a rep :d'oh! There's always been good reps and reps that are out of their depth but you join a union to be part of a union? Rep come and go the union doesn't in times like this its probably the best thing you can do in the work place is be part of a union :cuppa

18 Mar 2020, 07:14

I meant,,non voters ppl who cdnt be bothered voting

18 Mar 2020, 08:46

I agree people are losing faith with the Union. I’m my office anyway they don’t seem to be doing much. We’re getting railroaded and nothing happens. Now we’ve got a yes vote again and they instantly say they aren’t going to strike because we need to be an emergency service.

So whilst everyone locks themselves away, we’re still going, RM earn massive amounts of money for the increase in work and at the end of it, were in the exact same position and back to square one again. The CWU have killed the momentum of this dispute. It’s basically dead in the water.

18 Mar 2020, 10:18

Takeitforaride wrote:I agree people are losing faith with the Union. I’m my office anyway they don’t seem to be doing much. We’re getting railroaded and nothing happens. Now we’ve got a yes vote again and they instantly say they aren’t going to strike because we need to be an emergency service.

So whilst everyone locks themselves away, we’re still going, RM earn massive amounts of money for the increase in work and at the end of it, were in the exact same position and back to square one again. The CWU have killed the momentum of this dispute. It’s basically dead in the water.

So we should just let RM do what ever they want and not fight at all,don't forget were on the pay were on because ov the CWU.The public could see how much were needed if were an emergency service as the CWU are proposing.

18 Mar 2020, 11:32

richietns wrote:
Takeitforaride wrote:I agree people are losing faith with the Union. I’m my office anyway they don’t seem to be doing much. We’re getting railroaded and nothing happens. Now we’ve got a yes vote again and they instantly say they aren’t going to strike because we need to be an emergency service.

So we should just let RM do what ever they want and not fight at all,don't forget were on the pay were on because ov the CWU.The public could see how much were needed if were an emergency service as the CWU are proposing.

No, we keep going with the dispute, obviously.

But don’t for one minute think the public will be grateful, they won’t be and when the next ballot comes around, we’ll still be called greedy, the media will shout down the CWU during every interview and we’ll still be in the exact same position and in the meantime things will get worse at work because of all the money being thrown at RM

18 Mar 2020, 13:12

The courts and coronavirus killed the momentum cwu couldnt of predicted them two outcomes surely.

18 Mar 2020, 13:27

Deadly wrote:It seems that almost half of Parcelforce are happy or indifferent with the future Royal Mail have lined up for them.

Didn’t get a ballot paper. Called South York’s branch left message as nobody answered phone. Nobody called me back.

18 Mar 2020, 18:33

richietns wrote:The courts and coronavirus killed the momentum cwu couldnt of predicted them two outcomes surely.

Could have predicted the first debacle.........

18 Mar 2020, 21:59

We can't really strike while the virus is spreading.
I predict another strike ballot in October when the RM reveal what changes they want on the USO followed by industrial action for the run up to Xmas 2020.

18 Mar 2020, 22:02

Would having all reps walk our for an hour a month be enough to keep the ballot live?

18 Mar 2020, 22:04

SpacePhoenix wrote:Would having all reps walk our for an hour a month be enough to keep the ballot live?

Some years ago our rep back then did just that. 15 minutes I think.

18 Mar 2020, 23:07

Celgar wrote:We can't really strike while the virus is spreading.
I predict another strike ballot in October when the RM reveal what changes they want on the USO followed by industrial action for the run up to Xmas 2020.

As everything is on hold at present another ballot may be necessary.

As for the USO, October 2019 courier, Royal mail stated “The regulator has begun the review of the Universal service….”

To quote Terry Pullinger Re USO "The regulator has been doing a review & it will be due out later this month" (March 2020)

So a decision is imminent or perhaps or it could be delayed. In any event Ofcom will produce their review decision & as Royal Mail said “We will continue to deliver the USO …. whatever the outcome.”

19 Mar 2020, 18:43

My theory as to why some people did not vote.

The ballot result was predicted to be a high Yes percentage.
If people did not believe industrial action was the way to go they may have chosen not to vote at all rather than vote no
by not voting you obviously reduce the turnout therefore increasing the chance of invalidating the vote by insufficient turnout rather than just simply voting no which actually facilitates the yes result. (if that makes sense)
A bit of a loophole, which favours the business under the current laws.

It obviously may not work like that but this is my understanding (ignore if incorrect)

19 Mar 2020, 20:24

the beautiful bd south wrote:My theory as to why some people did not vote.

after last time it got f****ed up, the general comments in my office were of the nature 'Why should I bother, they couldn't run a p**s up in a brewery' etc.
irrespective of the underlying issues that the ballot was all about. Massive let down that could have been avoided.

20 Mar 2020, 08:28

yellowbelly wrote:
the beautiful bd south wrote:My theory as to why some people did not vote.

after last time it got f****ed up, the general comments in my office were of the nature 'Why should I bother, they couldn't run a p**s up in a brewery' etc.
irrespective of the underlying issues that the ballot was all about. Massive let down that could have been avoided.

Two choices vote no and go to gig economy style working vote yes and at least let them no were not having it even if you do think the union are sxxt.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2