not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Will the Gov intoduce new law to stop our strike?

11 Mar 2020, 19:25

scoobydo79 wrote:It did occur to Me.Royal Mail will present their case to the judge explaining that all the house bound elderly customers rely on the postal system and are unable to leave their homes because they are scared of the virus and don’t do texting and emailing.Quite right the judge will say let’s kick the posties “Yes” vote out again like the last one.

its not a legal reason to throw it out. which they HAVE to have. morality does not mean a thing.

11 Mar 2020, 19:27

and for that matter we could be posting virus covered letters through the elderly's doors. spreading it even further.

11 Mar 2020, 20:05

daveyeff wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:It did occur to Me.Royal Mail will present their case to the judge explaining that all the house bound elderly customers rely on the postal system and are unable to leave their homes because they are scared of the virus and don’t do texting and emailing.Quite right the judge will say let’s kick the posties “Yes” vote out again like the last one.

its not a legal reason to throw it out. which they HAVE to have. morality does not mean a thing.

It could be.
The government can under these conditions pretty much ban all strikes 'in the national interest'. It wouldn't go down well with us but I gaurantee the majority of the public would back it.

11 Mar 2020, 20:27

Don't think this has been posted on the forum yet, but found this article from a few days ago relating to this issue. It's about new proposals from the HSE in Ireland during Covid-19 outbreak, titled:

"Unions reject proposals on outsourcing, redeployment and industrial action ban"

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0308/1120972-health-service-unions/

I understand this is in a different country and it affects the health service which is obviously a very different industry to ours and one that is most in need in these times. However, if they can reject it, it makes you think doesn't it?
Last edited by ssdd on 11 Mar 2020, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

11 Mar 2020, 20:32

daveyeff wrote:

Normally yes but I can see special measures being taken on a number things.Its started already .I think We can safely say We have no friends in court or government .

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2