not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

I defy our members not to watch this and be desperate to get home today and vote YES

05 Mar 2020, 09:52

Did they say all that when they give Rico back 6 million quid golden hello?.........me thinks they never :hmmmm and the board ignored the shareholders when they voted against giving Rico back his 6 million so interesting times ahead :pray

I defy our members not to watch this and be desperate to get home today and vote YES

05 Mar 2020, 11:03

Post69 wrote:Did they say all that when they give Rico back 6 million quid golden hello?.........me thinks they never :hmmmm and the board ignored the shareholders when they voted against giving Rico back his 6 million so interesting times ahead :pray

I think that the the board are now in it as deep as Rico, so they know that if Rico goes they too will have to go.

05 Mar 2020, 17:15

Whoever makes these videos has to realise they have the opposite effect to what there trying to achieve.why are people paid to make these things.the money there wasting is ridiculous.thats all we've got time for this week!!! No it's not it could be any length it not a news bulletin!!breaking news this just in ....

05 Mar 2020, 19:33

https://www.starnow.com/bryonybillson Oh, another actor.

05 Mar 2020, 20:08

Farmers daughter I thought they only used Royal Mail staff ?

05 Mar 2020, 20:12

gary1975 wrote:Farmers daughter I thought they only used Royal Mail staff ?

I don't think Ricky's got enough sex appeal...

05 Mar 2020, 20:23

postieblueshirt wrote:Whoever makes these videos has to realise they have the opposite effect to what there trying to achieve.

I have the same impression of all communications RM have provided around this dispute (video, written and the "ambassador talks"). Every time I see/hear anything from them it reaffirms my yes vote and I initially had an open mind as I do think change is needed. Maybe that's their master plan and they actually want it to get nasty!

05 Mar 2020, 20:33

ted_glen wrote:
postieblueshirt wrote:Whoever makes these videos has to realise they have the opposite effect to what there trying to achieve.

I have the same impression of all communications RM have provided around this dispute (video, written and the "ambassador talks"). Every time I see/hear anything from them it reaffirms my yes vote and I initially had an open mind as I do think change is needed. Maybe that's their master plan and they actually want it to get nasty!

After the ballot in 2017 the feedback RM had on their comms was that they were counterproductive and building up resentment among staff.

This led them to change their strategy during the ballot in 2019 and they were almost completely silent. The ballot result was 97% yes so that didn't work either.

They've now flipped once more to hammering us with constant s**t again.

They don't seem to understand the basic problem, if you don't trust your employer it doesn't matter which strategy they use, we're not buying it.

06 Mar 2020, 11:21

geordieboy123 wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:More empty rhetoric.

There are plenty reasons to go home and vote Yes but none of them show face in this video. It's an insult to our intelligence to think that you can drum up votes just by shouting denied a few times in what they probably think is a slick video.

Ffs get on board will you we don’t need this type of negativity

Yeah FFS - get on the positivity bandwagon.
TeePee has seen the promised land.

06 Mar 2020, 17:11

geordieboy123 wrote:

There are plenty reasons to go home and vote Yes but none of them show face in this video. It's an insult to our intelligence to think that you can drum up votes just by shouting denied a few times in what they probably think is a slick video.

Sorry I will try harder in future, here goes... I look at this video and I think about the mindset of those who commissioned it then I think of those same people sitting in a room with Rico and his expensive team of lawyers and professional negotiators and I am filled to the brim with optimism.

There, does that buy me a ticket on your positivity train?

06 Mar 2020, 17:37

Woody Guthrie wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:

Sorry I will try harder in future, here goes... I look at this video and I think about the mindset of those who commissioned it then I think of those same people sitting in a room with Rico and his expensive team of lawyers and professional negotiators and I am filled to the brim with optimism.

There, does that buy me a ticket on your positivity train?

Come on old chap! Where's your fighting spirit! They've got us hunkered here in the trenches and we're taking incoming fire!

"Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile..smile..smile...."

But seriously, the CWU video for me shows a strength of camaraderie, and the hope of what can be achieved with a collective will. Of course we're the underdogs, and that's what makes it all the more emotive...

06 Mar 2020, 17:42

You can't beat a bit of blind optimism when facing down a machine gun nest.
It beats a coherent plan every time.

06 Mar 2020, 17:52

Woody Guthrie wrote:You can't beat a bit of blind optimism when facing down a machine gun nest.

But arguably a plan without optimism is doomed to failure also...

06 Mar 2020, 20:10

ssdd wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:You can't beat a bit of blind optimism when facing down a machine gun nest.

I think you've got it.
I've gone 'over the top' more than most on this forum.
I'm looking at this video and wondering if there is a plan...

Do you remember the Blackadder episode where Field Marshal Douglas Haig sweeps all the plastic soldiers off the battlefield and dumps them in the bin?

Wibble....

06 Mar 2020, 20:42

Woody Guthrie wrote:
ssdd wrote:

I think you've got it.
I've gone 'over the top' more than most on this forum.
I'm looking at this video and wondering if there is a plan...

Do you remember the Blackadder episode where Field Marshal Douglas Haig sweeps all the plastic soldiers off the battlefield and dumps them in the bin?

Wibble....

I never really got into Blackadder I must admit, but I'm getting the symbology. I do understand what you mean about the perceived lack of detail from the CWU. I don't have the answers to that, and can only assume it's reverting back to the 4 pillars agreement.
I'm not sure the idea of expanding the role of the postal worker is going to gain any traction under 'the regime'.
I would like to see the CWU and RM meeting somewhere in the middle between the 4 pillars and the plan ( for a drink and a cuddle :wink: ), though how that would look in practice is beyond my pay grade...

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2