not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 14:55

No one thinks we;re going out for 2-3 days a week for six months straight.

That's one of the reasons the CWU was able to get such a large Yes vote in the fall. This is a work force that has been out before and knows what to expect. (i.e. one or two days, at most.)

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 15:05

britwrit wrote:No one thinks we;re going out for 2-3 days a week for six months straight.

That's one of the reasons the CWU was able to get such a large Yes vote in the fall. This is a work force that has been out before and knows what to expect. (i.e. one or two days, at most.)

Well if that's all this is about then I suspect that Rico will be pissing himself laughing. As I said, I don't think that striking for half the week, every week for 6 months would get us anywhere. 1 or 2 days in total certainly won't do anything. What a waste of time.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 16:41

the 'big announcement'' came through at 14.07 but its in our area(north east)... on the union WhatsApp group. it reads:-Royal Mail have phoned the divisional reps up and announced Executive action today on *Newton Aycliffes delivery revision.. *Skelton's delivery revision..*Morley's delivery revision.. and *the removal off CSS machine at Darlington delivery office. Ashington have had the same Executive action, removal of CCS machines. this is an effort by RM to try to goad us into a response of unofficial action which will invalidate the ballot. we have to hold our water and have no unofficial actions to risk the main ballot. stand strong VOTE YES...…. It does seem like they are 'daring us to walk out'.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 16:57

daveyeff wrote:the 'big announcement'' came through at 14.07 but its in our area(north east)... on the union WhatsApp group. it reads:-Royal Mail have phoned the divisional reps up and announced Executive action today on *Newton Aycliffes delivery revision.. *Skelton's delivery revision..*Morley's delivery revision.. and *the removal off CSS machine at Darlington delivery office. Ashington have had the same Executive action, removal of CCS machines. this is an effort by RM to try to goad us into a response of unofficial action which will invalidate the ballot. we have to hold our water and have no unofficial actions to risk the main ballot. stand strong VOTE YES...…. It does seem like they are 'daring us to walk out'.

Daring us to walk out....as individual units, not as a collective workforce in unity. Terry mentioned something in the facebook live session last night. DIVIDE AND CONQUER. You can clearly see this tactic with the actions that RM are taking in targeting individual units.
I hope everyone can see through this....

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 17:24

Does that mean you guys aint getting no sequenced with the removal of the css machine?

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 17:27

according to them, there's not enough mail now to be sequenced and D.O.s will get coded bundles again.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 17:33

daveyeff wrote:according to them, there's not enough mail now to be sequenced and D.O.s will get coded bundles again.

So the 2 and 1/2 trays (except tues_) and 2nd wave tray i get aint enough? :arrrghhh

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 17:49

britwrit wrote:No one thinks we;re going out for 2-3 days a week for six months straight.

Anyone who thinks it’ll be just 1 or 2 days off work pissing about with their mates on a picket line are either naive or deluded. I hope I’m wrong but if this does got to IA I fear that it could turn out like the miners. Basically out for ages, unable to return and when we do there’ll be F...All left.This battle has turned personal between TP and Rico and we’ve been forgotten in it all.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 18:22

GRS wrote:

Anyone who thinks it’ll be just 1 or 2 days off work pissing about with their mates on a picket line are either naive or deluded. I hope I’m wrong but if this does got to IA I fear that it could turn out like the miners. Basically out for ages, unable to return and when we do there’ll be F...All left.This battle has turned personal between TP and Rico and we’ve been forgotten in it all.

Thing is with the miner's though, the work didn't keep on building up like it will do with us, it just stopped!
And if it did go on weeks, high value contracts would no longer be using Royal Mail...

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 18:34

And the goverment wanted to get rid of coal,they still need the millions of letters we deliver.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 18:36

britwrit wrote:Several thousands in lost pay? Losing eight hours is nothing to sneeze at but this is exaggerating.

I've been with RM since 1996. Even when you throw the week and half wildcat back in the early 2000s, I haven't lost anywhere near that due to striking.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 18:37

daveyeff wrote:according to them, there's not enough mail now to be sequenced and D.O.s will get coded bundles again.

Wave 2 only??? If it's both waves then in some areas it might just go through as manual, depending on that capacity MCs have on their iLSMs and IMPs (some of which may possibly get removed to make room for PSMs)

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 18:52

Regarding the general direction of travel from sequenced to walk sorted trays/bundles :
The sequencing (CSS machine?) machine at High Wycombe has been shut down so from this week onwards we will no longer receive mail from High Wycombe.
Previous to this we were receiving the first trays of sequenced letters at about 0500 with other mail & parcels from Hemel Hempstead to be sorted by our early IPS. The second lot of sequenced letters would arrive by 0700 from High Wycombe.
From now on we continue to receive the mail and parcels for early IPS sorting at 0500 BUT the first and second lots of letters all come from Hemel Hempstead on another lorry at 0640 instead. The first lot are still sequenced but the second lot now comes walksorted in trays or bundles. A lot of grumbling from postie this morning when they realised this is how it is going to be from now on.
I heard that the CSS machine from High Wycombe will be moved to Hemel Hempstead and that Beaconsfield DO would be moved into High Wycombe but haven't read official confirmation of that.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 23:09

GRS wrote:

Spot on

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 23:30

richietns wrote:And the goverment wanted to get rid of coal,they still need the millions of letters we deliver.

I see the irony there.... :neutral:

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2